Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 19
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread
celtic250 11:57 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by backwoods357:
I love that door Peter!

It seems I stumbled and slid further down the slope today. The wife and I were out wandering through a few stores and I came across a used 8 bottle wine cooler for $14 (Haier HVUE08ABS, thermo electric). I turned it on and it blew cold air and was in good condition, so I figured WTH. The wife passed on it for wine, so I get to keep it! Either I'll seal up the drain in the bottom, toss in a pound of beads and use it as a humi or use it to keep the temps perfectly balanced for my desktop humi that I keep all my best smokes in. Either way here it is:
I removed the Haier logo from the front for aesthetic reasons. Anyone have any experiences with this model?
I dont think you can beat $14. Nice score!
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 09:53 PM 12-18-2011
Any thoughts on A wine enthuSiast 28 bottle ...used for like $50?
[Reply]
falconman515 10:09 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by Ncpsycho:
Any thoughts on A wine enthuSiast 28 bottle ...used for like $50?
If it works and holds the correct temp and it's thermo-electric then 50 bUcks for any 28 bottle wine cooler is a deal!
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 11:57 PM 12-27-2011
Any techniques on how to get the plastic smell out from a newly acquired wine cooler?
[Reply]
NeuRon 03:12 AM 12-28-2011
Baking Soda
[Reply]
aaron72 01:58 PM 12-28-2011
And then crumpled up newspaper
[Reply]
pektel 02:15 PM 12-28-2011
I just left the door off for 2 weeks.
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 03:12 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by PuffPuffGive1:
Any techniques on how to get the plastic smell out from a newly acquired wine cooler?
I wiped down everything with some extremely diluted dishsoap, the put. A couple of bowls of baking soda in there and ran it for a few days. I then filled it with newspaper an left it off for a few days, and that seemed to take most of the smell out. Once I put some cedar in there, I couldn't notice the smell anymore.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 05:58 PM 12-28-2011
Thanks for the responses guys. I just got a small Haier 6 bottle and will post pictures when I get situated.
[Reply]
falconman515 06:41 PM 12-28-2011
Thanks for the responses guys. I just got a small Haier 6 bottle and will post pictures when I get situated.
All perfect suggestion on removing plastic smell .... after you throw in the Cedar you will never smell anything but that again!

Can't wait to see the pics.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 02:17 AM 01-06-2012
Hey guys...is spanish cedar absolutely necessary for the drawers? Or can I use any wood that isn't too aromatic?
[Reply]
falconman515 04:16 AM 01-06-2012
Hey guys...is spanish cedar absolutely necessary for the drawers? Or can I use any wood that isn't too aromatic?
I believe that Spanish cedar is recommended for storage of your cigars. It retains a lot of humidity and is good when storing your smokes.

There are other reason but I will let another brother chime in on what they know.

I have seen some others build drawers for there wine cooler with some different kind of wood but only a couple.

If you are still doing the small 6 bottle unit have you looked at cheaphumidors.com spanish cedar trays? Thats what I have in my cooler and they are only $10 shipped.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 08:40 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by falconman515:
I believe that Spanish cedar is recommended for storage of your cigars. It retains a lot of humidity and is good when storing your smokes.

There are other reason but I will let another brother chime in on what they know.

I have seen some others build drawers for there wine cooler with some different kind of wood but only a couple.

If you are still doing the small 6 bottle unit have you looked at cheaphumidors.com spanish cedar trays? Thats what I have in my cooler and they are only $10 shipped.
Yeah I had already looked around but the wine cooler I have, I can only fit a tray that's about 7 inches wide with about 15 inches deep. My fiance got it for me after I told her of my intentions of getting one...but didn't have it in me to ask her to return it :-)
[Reply]
falconman515 09:02 PM 01-06-2012
Yeah I had already looked around but the wine cooler I have, I can only fit a tray that's about 7 inches wide with about 15 inches deep. My fiance got it for me after I told her of my intentions of getting one...but didn't have it in me to ask her to return it :-)
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_TRAY.html

There are 7 1/2" x 12 1/2" ...... so you can turn them sideways and your depth of 15 inches is good .... but you only have EXACTLY 7" wide? .... I just measured mine to make sure their measurements were exact and they are.

Well .... if you need something and dont mind spending at best only a couple bucks more try hitting up Forrest (GolfNut) about making you some trays that will fit perfect in cooler .... or maybe a couple drawers if you want to spend a little more!

He will make Anything as long as you provide the dimensions

Here is his thread with all his work and drawers etc.:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=wineador

Also this is his website:
http://wineadors.com/

Here are the trays he makes:
http://wineadors.com/accessories.html

He can make you some trays that are 7x13 I'm sure for the price he charges for the 8x13 ... and they are still only $10 .... just like the cheaphumidor ones (I think shipping is a flat 15$).

Hope this helps point you in the right direction for getting your cooler set up with some new spanish cedar brother.

Let me know if you have any questions ... I am always here to help. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:08 PM 01-06-2012
here are the trays he makes:
http://wineadors.com/accessories.html

He can make you some trays that are 7x13 I'm sure for the price he charges for the 8x13 ... and they are still only $10 .... just like the cheaphumidor ones (I think shipping is a flat 15$).

Hope this helps point you in the right direction for getting your cooler set up with some new spanish cedar brother.

Let me know if you have any questions ... I am always here to help. :-)
I just ordered 3 of these shelves for my Trunkador, will post pics when I get them.
[Reply]
GolfNut 11:37 PM 01-06-2012

....(I think shipping is a flat 15$).

:
Just an FYI here, but shipping on an 8x13 tray is just $5 :-)
[Reply]
crazyirishman 11:44 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
As a beginner, I think I need to reevaluate what "comfortable" is! :-)
100% agreed! :-)
[Reply]
falconman515 12:57 AM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
Just an FYI here, but shipping on an 8x13 tray is just $5 :-)
Awesome! I thought it may be cheaper for the trays but wasn't sure.

Damn good price for some quality made Spanish cedar trays and with only 5 bucks shipping this is a done deal for anyone looking for a custom tray!

Thanks again for such awesome work and such great prices for us BOTL,
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 01:21 PM 01-22-2012
Woo! Just got a note from chasden that my edgestar drawers are almost done! Can't wait!

Unfortunately, my wineador is now full :-) Do you guys worry about seasoning them before putting them in the cooler, or just slap them in there and put some extra bowls of distilled water about?
[Reply]
aaron72 06:44 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by SpruceBruce:
Woo! Just got a note from chasden that my edgestar drawers are almost done! Can't wait!

Unfortunately, my wineador is now full :-) Do you guys worry about seasoning them before putting them in the cooler, or just slap them in there and put some extra bowls of distilled water about?
I would recommend treating them just as if you were seasoning a new humidor.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 19
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up