Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>3000 Ct. Cigar Tower - Cabinet
Parshooter 06:33 AM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by joshpip:
I really need to pull the trigger on one of these... Everytime I almost have myself talked into buying one a little voice tells me to save the money for cigars and buy another $29 cooler.

WWJD!!!!
Jack already has one :-)
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 01:49 PM 04-23-2009
Just picked one of these up on the devil site and was wondering how and how long did it take for you to season this or get it to 65% RH before adding your boxes.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:52 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
Just picked one of these up on the devil site and was wondering how and how long did it take for you to season this or get it to 65% RH before adding your boxes.
It took about a week to get mine up to speed. It will take forever to get everything hydrated. I had shotglasses and beads everywhere, anything I could use for humidification got thrown at this. Try wiping everything down with a little distilled water to give it a kickstart, there was a lot of wood dust in it anyway so it helped with that too.

Congratulations on the purchase :-)
[Reply]
dunng 01:53 PM 04-23-2009
Oh no, you did it! :-) :-)
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 02:00 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Oh no, you did it! :-) :-)
I love coolers but it just gets to difficult to find what I want to smoke in them. :-)
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 02:01 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It took about a week to get mine up to speed. It will take forever to get everything hydrated. I had shotglasses and beads everywhere, anything I could use for humidification got thrown at this. Try wiping everything down with a little distilled water to give it a kickstart, there was a lot of wood dust in it anyway so it helped with that too.

Congratulations on the purchase :-)
How many lbs. of beads do you have in yours. I bought 4 lbs. recently and figured I would go with an lb. per shelf and throw about a 1/4 lb. in each drawer. I hope that is enough.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:02 PM 04-23-2009
How many lbs. of beads do you have in them. I bought 4 lbs. recently and figured I would go with an lb. per shelf and through about a 1/4 lb. in each drawer. I hope that is enough.
That will be far more than enough. I have less than 2 lbs. in mine, I do have to add water around once every two weeks or so, but I'm only on my second gallon of water in two years. :-)
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 02:05 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
That will be far more than enough. I have less than 2 lbs. in mine, I do have to add water around once every two weeks or so, but I'm only on my second gallon of water in two years. :-)
Thanks for the info, I always go a little overboard on the beads. Think I have about 2 lbs. each in my 120 quart coolers
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 04:04 PM 04-23-2009
damm thats huge
[Reply]
ca21455 05:00 PM 04-23-2009
Yes, and if I can ever get off my lazy butt I'll be using it to store singles in the walk-in.
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 06:01 PM 04-23-2009
Even though I build humidors, I may buy one because I nerver have time to build for me.:-)
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 11:36 AM 05-05-2009
Received my Tower on Friday and was very please at what I got for the price.(DevilSite)

Currently in the process of bringing it up to 65% humidity and keeping it there before I start putting my boxes in it. I currently do not have any temperature issues because where I keep it on some basement stairs stays around 65 degrees year round, but has anyone tried adding a small thermoelectric unit to their Tower Cabinet. Seams like it would be pretty easy and with a Hydra and beads it seams like a fairly economical way to have a temp/humidity reliable cabinet. Certainly not the beauty or quality of the custom made humis but I couldn't justify the price to the wife at this point.:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 12:25 PM 05-05-2009
has anyone tried adding a small thermoelectric unit to their Tower Cabinet.
Thanks for bringing this up. I have also been giving this idea A LOT of thought lately. 2 Vinos and 2 coolers is taking up quite a bit of space. Plus, cabinets are just purty.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:31 PM 05-05-2009
I so wish it were practical to have one of those in Florida.
[Reply]
pmp 03:35 PM 05-06-2009
I have heard of someone modding these cabinets with a TEC unit. No matter which type of TEC you get its not an easy mod. You need to worry about heat disappation, exhausting the heated air(unless you mount it on the outside which is the most common), condensation, and even then prepare to have your humidor cost as much as a small refrigerator. But it can definitely be done.
[Reply]
kaelaria 04:02 PM 05-06-2009
My wife would so kill me. But it might be easier than hiding all the small humidors :-)
[Reply]
pmp 08:37 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by kaelaria:
My wife would so kill me. But it might be easier than hiding all the small humidors :-)
Just put it in the corner of the room and throw a blanket over it. She probably won't even notice. :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:45 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
I dunno anyone that has ONE, but I know someone who has TWO.....

:-):-):-)

And NO! It ain't ME!
i will own one of those someday, that seems like the perfect size for what i'm looking to do!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up