Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Three Finger Cigar Case Hand Crafted By One of Our
WildBlueSooner 05:08 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by stitch:
I'm actually just about done with yours ...
I've been in business 25 years, I just like to make sure I'm not ripping people off ... Though I am going to have to raise the price on these things by about $5. soon ... The cost of Good American Oak tanned leather is going up again soon :-) ... it goes up almost twice a year now, And I just WILL NOT use cheap imported leather at all!
Seems like people will gladly pay a few extra bucks for a quality handmade product, with real leather. Keep up the good work.
[Reply]
stitch 05:35 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Seems like people will gladly pay a few extra bucks for a quality handmade product, with real leather. Keep up the good work.
Yes, that is true... My gun leather and saddle and tack products have always been top of the line custom work and I do charge accordingly :-)
I did have to raise my prices as my leather cost is going up quite a bit this week :-) And at the old prices I really wasn't covering labor.
BUT ...where they are now is where they will stay for quite a long time.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:43 PM 03-09-2009
Yes, that is true... My gun leather and saddle and tack products have always been top of the line custom work and I do charge accordingly :-)
I did have to raise my prices as my leather cost is going up quite a bit this week :-) And at the old prices I really wasn't covering labor.
BUT ...where they are now is where they will stay for quite a long time.
Good...be expecting an order from me in the near future. Maybe two...my dad would love one!
[Reply]
stitch 05:45 PM 03-09-2009
Also ...I forgot, For those of you who asked about a smooth lining I did the calulations ... A lining of GOOD light Kip skin (if your squeemish don't ask what a "Kip Skin" is ) ... Will add $18. to the cost of a case, I know that seems like a lot of $$$ but it's expensive leather, And to use 4oz claf skin would make the case way too thick and heavy.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:47 PM 03-09-2009
Also ...I forgot, For those of you who asked about a smooth lining I did the calulations ... A lining of GOOD light Kip skin (if your squeemish don't ask what a "Kip Skin" is ) ... Will add $18. to the cost of a case, I know that seems like a lot of $$$ but it's expensive leather, And to use 4oz claf skin would make the case way too thick and heavy.
What is kip skin? :-)
[Reply]
stitch 05:52 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
What is kip skin? :-)
Okay, I warned ya' ....
A Kip Skin is a hide from a calf that aint been born...
[Reply]
ahc4353 06:58 AM 03-13-2009
IMHO this would be worth the money for piece of mind that I won't damage a foot when I'm in a hurry and rush to put my cigars in the case.

Remember you will have a one of a kind, hand crafted treasure made by one of our own that will last a lifetime.

Okay, I warned ya' ....
A Kip Skin is a hide from a calf that aint been born...
I thought you were gonna tell us it was foreskin from circumcised bulls!

Hey, that might work. :-)
[Reply]
stitch 11:07 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I thought you were gonna tell us it was foreskin from circumcised bulls!
I might be able to get some of those ...:-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:44 AM 03-13-2009
Quick question, are these hand sewn?

You have some really nice work on your site, and as a fellow leather crafter I know the amount of work that goes into making these. $60 for these is a steal!!
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:15 PM 05-29-2009
Would love to see some more of the ones Jeff made... I love mine!

Anybody want to post pics of your case? :-)
[Reply]
groogs 11:55 PM 05-29-2009
I have the same case in a 4 finger design and I love it. I am going to be contacting Stitch soon for a second case.
[Reply]
WyGuy 11:36 AM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Would love to see some more of the ones Jeff made... I love mine!

Anybody want to post pics of your case? :-)

Love mine also...pretty much use it daily.
[Reply]
Lensjockie 11:46 AM 06-01-2009
Can you send us a listing of the products and what they would cost.
IE
2/3/4/ cigar case
Holsters
Belts
Motorcycle grips
etc.
[Reply]
floydpink 02:41 PM 06-01-2009
A day doesn't go by that I am not wearing the gun belt Stitch made me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up