Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What's more important?
pnoon 06:25 PM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
It is time to take the advice you have been given in multiple threads and put some of it to use. After a week or two, report back and let us know how things are progressing. More information and advice at this juncture would only muddy the waters and introduce too many new variables.

:-)
Bump
[Reply]
icehog3 06:54 PM 08-11-2015
But isn't there just one correct answer, markem? And assuming there is, what is it?
[Reply]
markem 07:05 PM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But isn't there just one correct answer, markem? And assuming there is, what is it?
Buy my video for just $49.99 and I'll throw in a free set of steak knives. Shipping and handling charges apply.
[Reply]
MagicDrop 04:25 PM 08-12-2015
Awesome job being dicks to a new guy! Glad I came to this board for as much info as possible! Because more info is always a bad thing!
[Reply]
MagicDrop 04:27 PM 08-12-2015
It's also amazing how you all read 1/2 of what's posted and then give a half assed answer
[Reply]
pnoon 04:38 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by MagicDrop:
Awesome job being dicks to a new guy! Glad I came to this board for as much info as possible! Because more info is always a bad thing!
:-) you feel that way. From where I sit, the membership has been extremely patient with your repetitive questions and ignoring advice. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what you expect. Up until a short time ago, everyone has politely answered your questions.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:48 PM 08-12-2015
It's also amazing how you all read 1/2 of what's posted and then give a half assed answer
I, Sir, read all of what was posted, and gave a full assed answer.

I feel badly that you feel mistreated. I'd say if you are going to ask numerous people a question (like on a forum), you will likely get multiple answers.

Several of the answers mentioned being patient while seasoning. Checking the humidity and asking about it twice a day hardly seems patient, but we all have different definitions.

I'd also say if you are going to question the answers, pushing for a single "correct" one despite being told that there are multiple opinions, you better have a little thicker skin. It's more of old time members yucking it up with each other than it is being a "dick" to you.

I guess it's up to you to decide if this is a community for you....although if you go further with your personal insults, the community could always decide for you.
[Reply]
markem 06:11 PM 08-12-2015
I certainly understand this perspective. And, in a sense, some, including me, are being dicks to you.

However, you started it by being dicks to us.

If you go back and read this thread from the start (this time for content - oops, being a dick again), then you will see that people were doing their best to give you reliable information based on the information in your original post. That the question that you asked could be answered in more than one way is in no way the fault of those trying to answer your post. Several people pointed this out and instead of trying to understand and come up with your own plan, you expressed confusion over the fact that the world worked the way that people told you and then asked people to change the world.

You asked for the One Right Way (TM) and were surprised to find out that there is no such creature. Many went on to explain what they use as Their Own Right Way - For Now (TM) and that others will have different approaches. Some even had views diametrically opposed to someone who came before them in the thread! This happens and instead of telling us how wrong we are, perhaps you could engage more constructively.

Here is a simple analogy, but one that I've seen play out in real life:

Suppose that a young child is told, "2 + 2 = 4". At some level of abstraction, that is a correct statement. However, some children erroneously interpret this as "2 + 2 = 4 and no other numbers may total 4"[*]. As a result of this error, when they are asked, "what is 1 + 3?", they are puzzled and confused, not knowing that this other "formula" gives the same result.

Math and humidor seasoning have more in common than it may appear.

* We won't get in to the various voodoo mathematics such as "2+ 2 = 4" being different from "4 = 2 + 2".
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:13 PM 08-12-2015
Can't 2+2=5 for very large values of 2? :-)
[Reply]
MagicDrop 07:31 PM 08-12-2015
Please show me where I said there was one right way! I was getting more information! Not that really matters! I can see where your confusion comes in again. 1/2 reading posts! I was talking about what a store told me and how I got burned doing that! Then noticed someone said 65-75 and mine went past that. Many people said wait 2 weeks never explained if it should be rising that quickly! But your all on your high horses and that's fine this is just a message board!
Don't worry about deciding for me. I won't be returning to talk with any of you in the future!
[Reply]
pnoon 07:41 PM 08-12-2015
Buh- bye.

Good luck finding a group of people more patient.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:42 PM 08-12-2015
You wouldn't last anyway, you have to be able to give and take, I herf with guys all the time and it's like a big frat giving each other ****, that's how it is, it's good times and good friends. I was told after my second time meeting up with a group that you know they like you when they are giving you ****, if they ignore you you're on your own.

Words to remember, now I look forward to catching hell and being 'picked on' with my friends, even though I met them through this site... I consider each and every one of them a friend.

Best of luck dude!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:28 PM 08-12-2015
It's just wooden f-ing box to put cigars in; not rocket science.
[Reply]
Stephen 10:06 PM 08-12-2015
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
[Reply]
8zeros 10:31 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
I wanted a sweater for my birthday but I got a lamentator.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:40 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
I am lamenting that gift.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:06 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I am lamenting that gift.
Should have gotten him a copy of "How to Avoid Big Ships". :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 08:44 AM 08-13-2015
I'll trade you a label maker for it.
[Reply]
8zeros 02:10 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I'll trade you a label maker for it.
Is she a good cook?
[Reply]
Stephen 02:15 PM 08-13-2015
Is she a good cook?
Dunno, I wasn't deemed, "sponge-worthy."
[Reply]