Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Taking the wine cooler plunge.
reggiebuckeye 03:04 PM 05-03-2009
I just purchased a 28 bottle Avanti. I am now going through the process of preparing it for cigars. It will not be here until sometime next week, but I am trying to get stuff ready so I can be semi-functional when it does get here. I know I have no wood working skills, so how do I go about getting shelves and trays for it? thanks for your help in advance.
[Reply]
Rockestone 03:10 PM 05-03-2009
From the post title I thought you were talking about Bartles and James!!:-)

There are couple of botl's on here that I'm sure would be more than happy to make some shelves for your new winadore...very reasonably priced at that.

Good luck with you project!:-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 03:12 PM 05-03-2009
Check these out from ChasDen

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...hlight=shelves
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:15 PM 05-03-2009
When I got my first Vino I just got some spanish cedar planks and made my own shelves. The second one I got was a package deal and had two MT Mouse drawers and one shelf. The first one has slowly lost all of the shelves and is not one big Tetris project. The other one has the two drawers on the top for singles and the shelf has two trays I bought for Duque Cigars. The bottom half is again just Tetris.

If you can get one of the guys to build you 2 drawers and one shelf I really think that will take care of most needs. You can just use the wire racks for stacking boxes.:-)
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 03:24 PM 05-03-2009
Thanks for the support and info. I will see what I can do. No, not Bartles & James.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:22 PM 05-03-2009
Keep us updated, Reggie!:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:36 AM 05-04-2009
Got five cedar planks from woodcrafters.com and made my own shelves for a total of 50 bucks
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:11 AM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by Rockestone:
From the post title I thought you were talking about Bartles and James!!:-)

:-) and I came in here to say, "For God's sake, man, what are you thinking!?!" :-)

I see that is not necessary now. Carry on.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:36 PM 05-04-2009
Cedar shelves and drawers are nice but not a necessity. The wire shelves will work just fine but they do not look as nice. One or 1 1/2 pounds of beads in the Rh of your choice is really all that is needed. Oust fans are nice but getting hard to find. Wipe the inside out with baking soda on a sponge and throw you boxes inside. :-)
[Reply]
reggiebuckeye 03:18 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Cedar shelves and drawers are nice but not a necessity. The wire shelves will work just fine but they do not look as nice. One or 1 1/2 pounds of beads in the Rh of your choice is really all that is needed. Oust fans are nice but getting hard to find. Wipe the inside out with baking soda on a sponge and throw you boxes inside. :-)
That's an answer I like hearing. :-) Simple and inexpensive.

Sent an email to Shilala for a nice encased fan. I will see about the shelves. The shelves ChasDen make look nice. I am going to at least talk to him about one or two. He told me to talk to him once it got here. I will do that.

Beads are on the way.
[Reply]
Up