Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>The Golden Cigar - seriously, a 24k gold wrapped cigar
T.G 06:52 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Crazy. Can't imagine what the angle would be for a manufacturer except to make a splash.

I wouldn't smoke one on a bet, though. Vaporizing and inhaling heavy metals is never a good idea.

Huh? What?
Zane 06:56 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

Huh? What?
:-):-):-)
pektel 07:58 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
$250? I'll take a BOX of RASCC
Gotta find em first... :-)

And quit moving the goal posts... we're talking about insanely high-priced cigars here! :-)
Nathan 08:26 PM 10-24-2012
Drinking it, it just passes through your digestive system. There are no nutrients, so your body doesn't absorb anything.

Vaporizing a heavy metal and forcing it into your lungs...I just can't see how that's a good idea at all.

But hey, I make that judgment for myself only. If anyone tries the thing and reviews it, I'll be interested to read it.
I wouldn't be too concerned, the vaporization temperature of gold is around 2600 degrees C and the temperature of a cigar is no where near that. The gold will just end up in the ash.
BlindedByScience 08:37 PM 10-24-2012
Drinking it, it just passes through your digestive system. There are no nutrients, so your body doesn't absorb anything.

Vaporizing a heavy metal and forcing it into your lungs...I just can't see how that's a good idea at all.
Got to admit, that's the very first thing I thought of.....

Edited to add - Looks like Nathan thought of that. Even still......
sikk50 09:06 PM 10-24-2012

Huh? What?
GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

Seriously though....theres cubans that cost the same or more. I wouldn't buy either, but if you're just looking for a status symbol in the top of your glass top, I guess it makes sense. Not everyone knows what a $200 cuban is when its in your humidor but everyone knows what gold is.
DaBear 09:58 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I like to smoke cigars that the filler, binder, and wrapper made from fermented and aged 100 bills. I cut them with a scissors that's blades are diamonds cut from Tavernier Blue, and light them with cedar spills shaved from reclaimed sunken old growth cedar trees. I wouldn't let that crappy gold leaf touch my beautiful pallet.
Personally, I smoke only the finest, most expensive cigars man can find, wrapped in a layer of Californium 252($27 million per gram). Wrapping a fine cigar in gold is just archaic and trashy.

:-) :-)

On a more serious note, I remember reading an article on this in halfwheel awhile back, and the maker stated the temperature of a burning cigar was below that of gold's melting point, so there should be no health risk, and that when you finish, you should end up with a tube of gold filled with ash.
T.G 10:09 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by sikk50:
GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

Seriously though....theres cubans that cost the same or more. I wouldn't buy either, but if you're just looking for a status symbol in the top of your glass top, I guess it makes sense. Not everyone knows what a $200 cuban is when its in your humidor but everyone knows what gold is.
Oh, wow, you just convinced me.
oooo35980 11:09 PM 10-24-2012
I'm surprised no one has thought of this before. The guys at Ghurka must be kicking themselves.
T.G 11:14 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I'm surprised no one has thought of this before. The guys at Ghurka must be kicking themselves.
Actually, someone already has
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...68&postcount=2
Robulous78 11:55 PM 10-24-2012

If anyone wants to send one my way I'll gladly Guinea Pig myself for the sake of the rest of the CA community... LoL :-)
sikk50 01:29 AM 10-25-2012
Oh, wow, you just convinced me.
Adam, you are the bane of my life. :-)
Garbandz 06:17 AM 10-25-2012
I'm holding out for Unobtanium......

When you have nothing to offer from a taste standpoint,yell loudly about packaging or sourcing,ageing or who happened to walk by when your cigars were being rolled.

These days, HYPE is the best thing SOME folks produce..........
Robulous78 06:32 AM 10-25-2012
If your really trying to piss money away... it might as well be on a Gurkha... :-)

Check these out... 750.00 a single stick / 15,000.00 for 20

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=456
maninblack 07:13 AM 10-25-2012
I'd rather dip my junk in gold.
kelmac07 07:15 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:

Pics or it didn't happen Mr. "Goldmember". :-) :-) :-)
Robulous78 07:16 AM 10-25-2012
:-)l
maninblack 07:17 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Pics or it didn't happen Mr. "Goldmember". :-) :-) :-)
You seriously don't wanna see that Mac. It's like two grapefruits and a roll of bologna.:-)
Robulous78 07:26 AM 10-25-2012
I hope this isn't pushing a joke to far,

LoL
363 07:31 AM 10-25-2012
You seriously don't wanna see that Mac. It's like two grapefruits and a roll of bologna.:-)
:-)

Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I hope this isn't pushing a joke to far,

LoL
Nope not with those 2 :-)
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up