Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anybody had the factory press III yet?
Sauer Grapes 07:06 PM 11-17-2008
I just picked up a single of the LFD Factory Press III. I didn't know they had made the FPIII yet.

Anyone tried one? Thoughts on it?
[Reply]
ucla695 07:27 PM 11-17-2008
I didn't either. Thanks for putting it on my radar.
[Reply]
MithShrike 08:31 PM 11-17-2008
I was gifted one a little while back but I had some major burn issues with it that made it not enjoyable.
[Reply]
Beagleone 08:37 PM 11-17-2008
I had one last week. Not bad, didn't think it was stronger than I or II, but decent smoke. No burn problems and never had to relight it. May try it again if it wasn't as costly.
[Reply]
Silound 09:05 PM 11-17-2008
I've smoked my way through about 10 now, so I think I have a pretty good idea at this point.

Not nearly as mild as the original, but not nearly as strong as the second, the III stands somewhere in the middle. A slightly smaller RG (58 I recall being told by Jack, the national sales rep) than the previous, it combines the original broadleaf maduro wrapper and sumatra binder with the corojo filler (Dominican puro).

Overall I found it to be smooth, but rough under the edges. The mild flavors from the maduro stood out on the tongue, but underneath that you caught the spice and power of the cigar on your palate. I think these could honestly use some settling time (try two years!) before they're up to the full potential, but I do find them to be an extremely tasty smoke. Honestly, if I could get some more easily, I'd think hard about buying them, because they're far better than the 2 (not as good as the original though).
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:36 PM 11-17-2008
Sounds like it may need some time. I'll give it a couple weeks in the humi before smoking this one. And I may get a couple more to actually let rest for real.
[Reply]
silentjon 05:00 AM 11-18-2008
I smoked a couple - it is a good cigar. I like the Factory Press II better though.
[Reply]
Up