Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 158 of 270
« First < 58108148156157158 159160168208258 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
OLS 11:55 AM 05-19-2012
That fatty sounds like the best I ever heard about....

Pork Fingers..

AKA Western Style Pork Ribs. I am guessing loin trimmings is what they really are.
All I know is they are one of the best smoking cuts I have ever used.
These were really fatty, not marbled, and not stable zones of fat, but the connective
areas that get all stringy at room temp. On the smoker, they turn into dog rewards.

WAIT!......Western Style Pork Ribs.....WSPRs Whispers, lol.

COINED. :-)
Attached: pork fingers 2.jpg (120.8 KB) 
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:48 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by cricky101:
My girlfriend really likes jalapeņo poppers so I made a fatty stuffed with pre-grilled jalapenos, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Used a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage and wrapped it all in bacon. It. Was. Awesome.
C'mon Chris, no pix?:-):-) I bet it was awesome:-)

Originally Posted by OLS:
WAIT!......Western Style Pork Ribs.....WSPRs Whispers, lol. COINED...

The new buzz word Brad.... WSPRS...
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:07 PM 05-19-2012
I have in mind that the smokers will be heating up this coming weekend!! I've got plans for at least one pork butt, and a couple slabs of ribs. Also considering some pork chops and maybe some chicken. Going to see what's on sale starting Wednesday and go from there. I would like to consider something that is wrapped in bacon, but don't know what at this time. Pictures will be up Thursday and Friday.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:26 PM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I would like to consider something that is wrapped in bacon, but don't know what at this time.
Bacon explosion. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:34 AM 05-20-2012

Just threw a nice size brisket on the smoker.
Using the rest of a commercial rub that was gifted to me by Keith.
Spiced it up a bit, a little extra black pepper, cayenne pepper, and some turbinado sugar.
Dinner between 5- 6
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:29 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:

Just threw a nice size brisket on the smoker.
Using the rest of a commercial rub that was gifted to me by Keith.
Spiced it up a bit, a little extra black pepper, cayenne pepper, and some turbinado sugar.
Dinner between 5- 6
lets see it son!!:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:41 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
lets see it son!!:-)
Ask and you shall receive. :-)

Brisket was good
Had a nice real nice smoke ring, and a decent bark.
[Reply]
Steve 07:03 PM 05-20-2012
The Cub Scout Den that my wife coordinates had their end of the year party tonight. I cooked up a couple of pork buts last weekend for it, but I reheated them today, so technically, they were in my smoker today

And my #1 fan approves!

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:14 PM 05-20-2012
Nice looking BBQ Dom and Steve:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:10 AM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Nice looking BBQ Dom and Steve:-)
^^ what he said! ^^ :-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:49 AM 05-21-2012
From yesterday, rosemary smoked chicken covered with honey badger rub.

Attached: rosemary_chicken_SAM_1824.jpg (87.5 KB) 
[Reply]
cricky101 07:35 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
C'mon Chris, no pix?:-):-) I bet it was awesome:-)

It will be made again and pics will be taken for sure. I'll probably blow one up really big and frame it to hang above the couch in the livingroom. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:35 AM 05-24-2012
I know that's what my wife did with pictures of my fatty.......

:-)ofl

I'm not married, lol...

So here we are staring at one of the top three bar-b-que weekends of the year.
Not too much action yet. I need freezer space and have three bags of charcoal
on hand, so it's gonna be on like DK. Many photos will be snapped. Many beers
will be drunk. Likely won't be the only thing drunk around my back yard. Gonna
fire up the Jimmy Buffet Machine, too. I have spares, pork steaks, burger meat
and whatever I find at the Jiggly Piggly today and tomorrow at lunch.
[Reply]
T.G 09:13 AM 05-24-2012
Only 3 bags of charcoal, Brad?

Amateur. :-)

My charcoal supply is down to about 100lbs give or take, the big charcoal sales this weekend can't come soon enough.

I heard that Wal-Mart already has 2x15# KF blue on sale for $5.48, but I haven't personally confirmed this price.
[Reply]
pektel 10:34 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

Amateur. :-)

My charcoal supply is down to about 100lbs give or take, the big charcoal sales this weekend can't come soon enough.

I heard that Wal-Mart already has 2x15# KF blue on sale for $5.48, but I haven't personally confirmed this price.
You don't buy charcoal by the pallet?

Amateur :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:41 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
You don't buy charcoal by the pallet?

Amateur :-)
Actually, I do buy it by the pallet.

About 100lbs of KFb + 2 5# of Jack Daniels whiskey barrel charcoal is all that's currently left.
[Reply]
OLS 11:37 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Hell, I thought I HAD stocked up....I was thrilled to see 19 lb bags of KF blue at the Depot 2 for $5.48
But stocking up for me was 4 bags....might get a LITTLE more tomorrow afternoon at lunch.
It is comforting knowing it is there in the shed. Running out of charcoal is one of the ultimate bummers.

You run out of one kind of meat, usually there is something else in the freezer, you can adapt. You run out
of CHARCOAL, your a55 is headed to the store.
[Reply]
OLS 11:53 AM 05-24-2012
Well now I am in "Trouble". I went to the store. To begin with I have NO FREEZER SPACE, not an inch.
So I knew I was buying fresh for the weekend, or fresh for the freezer and cooking from my frozen stock.
BBRs were on sale, about 8 bucks a rack. picked up 4 racks of those, Chicken wings were on sale as were
chicken legs. Got about 40 wings and 20 legs. So I guess I am taking out a big cryo pack of spares and
using that space for BBRs that I want later in the summer. But that will not free up enough space for the
chicken, haha....guess chicken is back on the menu, boys.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:58 AM 05-25-2012
I am firing up tonight and doing 4 butts, 2 shoulders, and tomorrow will do 2 racks of ribs. Havin' an 80th b'day party for my mom!!!

Sweet blue to all of you this weekend!!!
[Reply]
OLS 07:16 AM 05-25-2012
Dog gone it, I got most of that meat in the freezer! I am going to cook a dozen chicken lags and two racks of spareribs.
Plus whatever I see on sale today. Problem is, the formerly reduced rack is no longer reduced. I am not sure if they
think we are stupid or they are stupid. CIP, half rack of scraped down beef ribs, fresh in the case, 7.94. Same basic sized
rack in the reduced case with a new over-barcode, 7.99....I got mad and left. The meat is reduced a couple dimes in most
cases. Shame, cause I used to get almost all my meat that way. I have to drop off half a dozen frozen squirrels at the
raptor center at lunch, I guess I will drop in again and see what has changed, if anything. Outside of that,
I guess the menu is set. Might create some moinkage or turds if I get bored.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 270
« First < 58108148156157158 159160168208258 > Last »
Up