Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Just a heads up Cigar Page sent me cigars with the presence of beetles
Drazzil 01:47 PM 08-07-2023
And to make things worse they refused do do more then give me a ten dollar credit.

At first I called em just to give CP a notice that they might have beetles. Agatha put me on hold for 20 min for nothing, then offered me a 5 dollar credit, which I refused as finding a beetle crawl out and then being put on hold for 20 minutes was just bad.

Went all the way up to a mgr the next day. I got pissed threatened to (but did not) take it up with the card. Got a ten dollar credit, only to have it wiped out and my acct locked.

Guessing it was on account of telling then I might take it up w the CC but still sh-tty customer service for somethin I *might* do.

Have the screenshots of everythibg including the locked acct and wiped credit if anyone wants to see it (dunno how to link images here.

Just a warning . YMMV
[Reply]
Brlesq 03:06 PM 08-07-2023
That sucks. But stories like that is why I also freeze EVERY cigar no matter the source (retailer, gift from friend, etc.) unless I'm smoking it right away, and then it stays in a plastic bag (and not my humidor). Don't want those buggers to get into my general cigar population and and causing even more damage!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:24 PM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
That sucks. But stories like that is why I also freeze EVERY cigar no matter the source (retailer, gift from friend, etc.) unless I'm smoking it right away, and then it stays in a plastic bag (and not my humidor). Don't want those buggers to get into my general cigar population and and causing even more damage!
I also freeze everything and have since getting critters from some Ybor City cigars. I put the cigars in a ziplock bag with some humidity packets and freeze at least 3 days. Then, I let them defrost and readjust at room temperature in the plastic bag with the packets.
[Reply]
markem 03:35 PM 08-07-2023
How much damage? If only a stick or two, toss those and freeze. If most of the box, take it to the CC company.

Beetles happen. Rare, but they do happen.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:23 PM 08-07-2023
Good to know as most everything I buy is from them. No instances yet (fingers crossed). But like others have stated, everything coming in gets frozen before going in the humi.
[Reply]
Weelok 06:49 PM 08-07-2023
What cigars? Could be cigar contamination in the warehouse but I would guess it’s just the brand of cigar.

Hard to say. Beetles are pretty uncommon these days as most manufactures freeze or other things to eliminate beetles.

Beetles are bad for business unless you smoke piccolos.I have smoked a few holy cigars but only because I wanted to burn the beetles alive and hear them pop.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 07:02 PM 08-07-2023
This serves as a good reminder for me... I need to get back to freezing all incoming as I have been a bit lackadaisical about it.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:25 PM 08-07-2023
And this is why I freeze every cigar i receive...
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:53 PM 08-18-2023
So today I’m out trudging through the woods. Stopped to grab lunch then light up a Warped Futuro. Notice it has a beetle hole in the side. :-) This was from a five pack I got from CP.
[Reply]
Drazzil 08:10 PM 10-18-2023
Jeez I'm shocked this is still on the FP. Board not as active as it used to be?
[Reply]
Up