Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva Serie V Club Cigarillos
G G 07:44 PM 07-04-2023
I am curious if anyone has smoked these? They are 3.8x22 and about 80 bucks for 100 at CA. I love Serie V's, but never had the cigarillos. The last couple years I rarely smoke a cigar all the way to the nub. I have bought a couple different cigarillos and like the fact they are 20 minutes and that's about right for my smoking lately. Thinking about pulling the trigger on some.
[Reply]
G G 07:54 PM 07-04-2023
What the heck, I have forgotten I get 10% off because of first responder so I ordered them. How bad can they be if they are Oliva?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:43 PM 07-04-2023
I never had these, but I had the Oliva Viejo Mundo cigarillos. For a cigarillo those are pretty good, although I would never recommend a cigarillo to a cigar smoker as to me they are almost cigarettes
[Reply]
G G 08:20 AM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I never had these, but I had the Oliva Viejo Mundo cigarillos. For a cigarillo those are pretty good, although I would never recommend a cigarillo to a cigar smoker as to me they are almost cigarettes
I don't inhale them, lol. I just had some cigarillos from a bomb way back in the day. I didn't smoke but a couple over the years. The last couple years I rarely smoke any cigar that is robusto or bigger all the way. I bought some Joya Reds in cigarillo several months ago and like them because they don't take an hour or more to smoke, which works out good for me.
[Reply]
G G 06:49 AM 07-09-2023
Okay, so I got them and tried one right away. Not bad, but didn't seem to taste anything like a Serie V.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:34 AM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by G G:
Okay, so I got them and tried one right away. Not bad, but didn't seem to taste anything like a Serie V.
That's disappointing.
[Reply]
G G 12:20 PM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
That's disappointing.
I will give them some time in the humid and see what happens.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:04 AM 08-06-2023
They don't taste the same because they are dry-cured.
[Reply]
G G 07:30 AM 08-06-2023
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They don't taste the same because they are dry-cured.
Thanks, I didn't know that or even what dry cured was, but now I do thanks to you.:-)
[Reply]
G G 05:50 PM 12-03-2023
Figured I would update this since it's been about 5 months since I bought these and have had a chance to smoke maybe 25 of them. They maybe do have a little Olive V flavor but not a lot. But they are pretty good short smokes anyway. I will probably buy more once these are gone. I also bought 100 of the the Joya Red cigarillo's as well. They are quite a bit bigger than the Oliva's and I like those pretty good too. Prolly buy the Joya Black and try those next time.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:32 AM 12-04-2023
I had a long term assignment once which required living in a no smoking hotel. I really liked the Partagas Black Prontos for a walk around the neighborhood. Nice little cigar.
[Reply]
Up