Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Liga Privada Alternatives
s15driftking 07:28 AM 09-06-2022
Hey all, long time!!! :-)

Have found myself smoking Liga#9 consistently over the past 8 years and loving them. Ideally, looking for less expensive alternatives.

Liga#9 are about 16-18 bucks, looking for a 8-to-10-ish dollar Nicaraguan of similar full-body that exhibits that choco/cedar/raisin/pepper character.

Currently, also enjoying La Imperiosa (Crowned heads). Maybe that's the alternative?

Any other thoughts?
[Reply]
icehog3 07:36 AM 09-06-2022
Hi Bobby!

I have been smoking some of the Caldwell lines, as well as the Rojas Street Tacos lately. Not sure if this meets the flavor profile you seek, might be worth checking out.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:40 AM 09-06-2022
I Second The Street Tacos!:-). Awesome Smokes I Think You'll Love At A Reasonable Price!:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:06 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hi Bobby!

I have been smoking some of the Caldwell lines, as well as the Rojas Street Tacos lately. Not sure if this meets the flavor profile you seek, might be worth checking out.
Thanks for this, regarding the street taco, are you talking the barbacoa or carnitas?
[Reply]
longknocker 09:30 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Thanks for this, regarding the street taco, are you talking the barbacoa or carnitas?
Bobby: I Haven't Smoked The Carnitas: They're Resting, Now. The Barbacoa Is One Of My Favorites! I Would Try That First.:-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:16 AM 09-06-2022
How about Undercrown? They are literally Liga's without the black tobacco.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:29 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The Undercrown Corona Viva is one of my favorites. The other vitolas just aren't as tasty to me.
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:01 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Have enjoyed many undercrowns. To me, not nearly the same as the LP9.
[Reply]
cmitch 12:46 PM 09-06-2022
All of the good cigars have increased exponentially in price to the point I'm thinking of just moving to cigar bid only cigars. No. 9's are tasty but not worth the price. Crowned Heads are some good cigars to consider.
[Reply]
Weelok 05:31 PM 09-06-2022
I will put my thoughts on cigars that are maduro and good but maybe a bit to quiet a bit stronger so keep this in mind.

1. DPG Blue
2. Tatuaje Fausto (more earth then cedar).
3. Tatuaje Verocu (more earth then cedar)
4. AJF Enclave Broadleaf
5. AJF Bellas Artes Maduro (more pepper then cedar)
6. DPB Le Bijou (has more sweetness then cedar so unique in that character but very amazing)
7. BLTC Bishops Blend (much stronger)
8. BLTC Salvation
9. BLTC Lawless
10. Casa Fernandez Miami Reservation Maduro
[Reply]
TXRebel 08:45 PM 09-06-2022
Have you tried the Undercrown 10?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:03 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
I have been smoking the Barbacoa like Greg, and they're my favorite "newer" NC.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:17 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
Have you tried the Undercrown 10?
I have, good smoke. Not much cheaper though?

Originally Posted by Weelok:
I will put my thoughts on cigars that are maduro and good but maybe a bit to quiet a bit stronger so keep this in mind.

1. DPG Blue
2. Tatuaje Fausto (more earth then cedar).
3. Tatuaje Verocu (more earth then cedar)
4. AJF Enclave Broadleaf
5. AJF Bellas Artes Maduro (more pepper then cedar)
6. DPB Le Bijou (has more sweetness then cedar so unique in that character but very amazing)
7. BLTC Bishops Blend (much stronger)
8. BLTC Salvation
9. BLTC Lawless
10. Casa Fernandez Miami Reservation Maduro
Good tip on AJF in general. Will also have to venture into black market.

Originally Posted by cmitch:
All of the good cigars have increased exponentially in price to the point I'm thinking of just moving to cigar bid only cigars. No. 9's are tasty but not worth the price. Crowned Heads are some good cigars to consider.
Yes and thanks, am a big fan of the La Imperiosa.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have been smoking the Barbacoa like Greg, and they're my favorite "newer" NC.
Many thanks!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 01:39 PM 09-07-2022
Southern Draw has been putting out some fine cigars. They're rolled by AJF. Try the Kudzu.
[Reply]
hammondc 10:18 AM 09-11-2022
Find something with a Honduran / Nicaragua end with a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. Should be close(ish). I’m a Crowned Heads whore so I’d start there.
[Reply]
Up