Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Plume, Mold... or Both?
longknocker 03:47 PM 05-15-2023
I'll Try That Test On My Next Questionable Cigar. Thanks, Admiral & Dave! :-)
The Crazy Thing Is That I Found 15 or So Cigars At Once With That Issue, So I Suspected Mold.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:33 PM 05-15-2023
Mold, if there is just a little you can wipe off throughly and smoke, but that's more than i have ever dealt with, also you should check the foot if mold is in the foot the cigar is kaput and should just be trashed anyway.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:45 PM 05-15-2023
So Mold Wipes Off Easily???
[Reply]
Brlesq 06:26 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Mold, if there is just a little you can wipe off throughly and smoke, but that's more than i have ever dealt with, also you should check the foot if mold is in the foot the cigar is kaput and should just be trashed anyway.
^^ This. In the foot, toss it. You don't want that in your body. Otherwise, I use a little isopropyl alcohol to wipe it off (and any naked cigars that were around it). Same for the humidor. Then I let the cigar sit out for a day to let any alcohol evaporate, and put it into a ziploc bag with a boveda for at least week to rehumidify.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:23 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Seconded. I had a few moldy cigars a few years ago (always CCs for some reason). I cleaned 'em up and they smoked just fine.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:17 PM 05-15-2023
I Tried A Few That I Treated With Vodka I Wiped Them Off With And Let Them Dry 8H. Tasted Very Bitter, So I Tossed Them And Am Re- Seasoning My Humidor After Wiping It All Down With Isopropyl Alcohol And Trying To Keep The Humidity Below 70 This Time! Thanks For All The Advice!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:02 AM 05-16-2023
Hope you have it under control, Greg! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 01:38 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hope you have it under control, Greg! :-)
I Think So, Brother. Better Safe Than Sorry!:-):-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:16 PM 05-16-2023
[Reply]
borndead1 06:15 PM 05-19-2023
Plume is mold.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up