Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Suspicious For Sale Ad... for an odd reason.
Azaelius 10:03 AM 05-12-2010
I have near me a for sale ad showing a very VERY nice Humidor (looks to be about 100 ct) and 12 cigars aged for about a year.

However the cigars have on them a label which reads Punch Habana Manuel Lopez.

I am not sure, but I have read online and found what I think to be the same cigars, nad they are of the illegal persuasion. I'll post a picture later but please, someone tell me these if they know anything about this cigar... I can't pass up this deal... nice humi and 12 cigars, all for $50... it all seems too good to be true.

Thanks for all your help guys.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:06 AM 05-12-2010
The real question is weather or not the humi is worth that much to you without the cigars? If they aren't real you can just not smoke them or whatever but you'll still have the humi.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:06 AM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by Azaelius:
I have near me a for sale ad showing a very VERY nice Humidor (looks to be about 100 ct) and 12 cigars aged for about a year.

However the cigars have on them a label which reads Punch Habana Manuel Lopez.

I am not sure, but I have read online and found what I think to be the same cigars, nad they are of the illegal persuasion. I'll post a picture later but please, someone tell me these if they know anything about this cigar... I can't pass up this deal... nice humi and 12 cigars, all for $50... it all seems too good to be true.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Sounds like it's a cuban Punch. And even if it's not real, the humi is worth atleast $50, right?
[Reply]
maninblack 10:07 AM 05-12-2010
A picture would def. help.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:12 AM 05-12-2010
It is nice looking but not sure if it as big as a 100ct.
[Reply]
weak_link 10:15 AM 05-12-2010
Check out my internet-fu:

[Reply]
Azaelius 10:16 AM 05-12-2010
Oh what I'm worried about is some sort of police setup or something. Yes. I'm paranoid.

Here's the images from the listing;

Terrible quality I know. But those are all I got. Hope it helps.
[Reply]
Azaelius 10:18 AM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
Check out my internet-fu:

Damn you're good! Yeah. And I think its only a 75 or 50 ct. Also I already sent him an email telling him my interest. :P
[Reply]
maninblack 10:20 AM 05-12-2010
I say buy it. But thats just me.
[Reply]
md4958 10:22 AM 05-12-2010
I would pick that humi up for $50, its beautiful. :-)

but also, those cigars look like punch DCs, their legitimacy is the question. :-) :-)
[Reply]
forgop 10:22 AM 05-12-2010
Unless they are advertised as cc's, I wouldn't worry about the police. The police do nothing to enforce habanos because the statute of buying habanos isn't in their jurisdiction.
[Reply]
DropTheE 10:24 AM 05-12-2010
Originally Posted by Azaelius:
Oh what I'm worried about is some sort of police setup or something. Yes. I'm paranoid.
Terrible quality I know. But those are all I got. Hope it helps.

I can't say for sure but I think that the police are probably a bit more concerned with other things than setting up a sting with a small humi and a handful of cigars. There is no harm in checking it out, but that is up to you! Nice looking little desktop though. :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 10:29 AM 05-12-2010
Yeah. Thanks so much guys. I think I'm definitely gonna go for it. I'm really just a slightly paranoid dude when it comes to police. Any other further information and opinions is still very appreciated!

:-)
[Reply]
JohnE1000 08:28 AM 05-17-2010
Decent deal. Not much can go wrong.
[Reply]
Stinky 09:20 PM 05-17-2010
12 cigars cover the bottom of the humidor.

That's one layer.

Looks like you could add 3 more layers to fill it.

Multiply 4 layers times 12 cigars = 48 cigars.

Probably rated as a 50-count box.

As for the Cuban Punch cigars being real. . . need better photo and taste test! :-) But, I'd bet against it because of the variable wrapper colors and the round (marble) head. (Cuban style is 'flat-head')

As for the Police sting. . . forget-about-it! Offer $40.00 cash! :-) And, make sure the cigars are not dried out!
[Reply]
sikk50 12:14 AM 05-18-2010
I don't think the 5-o would waste their time with that. THey aren't dumb. That would be a small time thing when they could have bigger if they really cared...which they don't. I say do it! Besides, it doesn't mention anything about legality status in the ad so it couldn't be used as a sting anyway
[Reply]
Azaelius 12:31 AM 05-18-2010
lol you guys are awesome.

I tried contacting the seller repeatedly, but to no avail. So, I'm done with it. Someone else in the CA area wants to try, go ahead. Tell me if you have any luck...
[Reply]
md4958 08:34 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by Stinky:
As for the Cuban Punch cigars being real. . . need better photo and taste test! :-) But, I'd bet against it because of the variable wrapper colors and the round (marble) head. (Cuban style is 'flat-head')
This is not exactly true. In the old days the sign of a master rolled cigar was a "marble" head. The marble head is much more difficult to produce than a flat cap.

Take a read of Wayne's thoughts on the matter:http://www.internationalcigarclub.co...ht=marble+head

Wayne is "employed" by Min Ron NEE. If the name sounds familiar its because he is the author of this book:

[Reply]
pnoon 08:36 AM 05-18-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
This is not exactly true.
:-)
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:24 AM 05-18-2010
Do local police do cuban cigar stings? lol. Yes, you are being a bit paranoid. I know a few police officers who enjoy a good cuban cigar and have never heard of anything like that.

And it's hard to say about the cigars but I didn't see anything that looked off.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up