Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Joya De Nicaragua Clasico Criollo?
dannysguitar 01:19 PM 03-26-2010
Has anyone tried these? The box prices are good on CI and I'm considering jumpin' on a box. Any feedback would be appreciated! :-D
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:28 PM 03-26-2010
I have one I got from Mario. Maybe I'll smoke it tonight.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:32 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I have one I got from Mario. Maybe I'll smoke it tonight.
:-) That dirty bombing bastage hit me with one of these too. May have to torch it this weekend!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:34 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
Has anyone tried these? The box prices are good on CI and I'm considering jumpin' on a box. Any feedback would be appreciated! :-D
Are you looking for one of these too?:-) I may have sent you one, can't remember. I know you said you were looking for "a good value stick" so I know I sent a couple of those. Check you're mailbox later.

The ones I sent out to folks are good but fairly young. I had them boxed for a couple of months before I sent them out.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:35 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
:-) That dirty bombing bastage hit me with one of these too. May have to torch it this weekend!
:-):-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 01:37 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Are you looking for one of these too?:-) I may have sent you one, can't remember. I know you said you were looking for "a good value stick" so I know I sent a couple of those. Check you're mailbox later.

The ones I sent out to folks are good but fairly young. I had them boxed for a couple of months before I sent them out.
LOL! What a coincidence! I'll check when I get home bro.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 01:38 PM 03-26-2010
I have had the JdN Antano Cousul and Dark Criollo but not one of these.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 02:09 PM 03-26-2010
i saw these just today in the CI catalog too. also interested in opinions.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:33 PM 03-26-2010
Just lit one up. Ill check back in after I'm done.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 05:45 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Just lit one up. Ill check back in after I'm done.
Sweet. Can't wait to see what ya think!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:48 PM 03-26-2010
Me three! Remember, they could use some rest though.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:51 PM 03-26-2010
So far, kinda "eh". The cigar itself is a bit rough looking. The ash, while still on is looking a little worse for the wear.
Flavor wise, its basically bland tobacco tasting;a bit harsh. Its mild-med body, on the milder side and the filler is buring faster then the wrapper.

Lol. Ill be back with more updates.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:14 PM 03-26-2010
...And, Back.

So, I had to put her down early, around the halfway point.
The smoke realy started irritating my throat, which made it even more unenjoyable. Flavor wise, it ranged from tasting like I wasn't smoking at all, to harsh bland tobacco, to some sort of fresh herb, like smoking bay leaves or basil.

IMHO: :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 06:17 PM 03-26-2010
That's too bad. I liked the one I smoked but thought it could really use some down time. Sorry to hear about your experience.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:22 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
That's too bad. I liked the one I smoked but thought it could really use some down time. Sorry to hear about your experience.
No worries Mario! I am still very appreciative for the cigar! Thanks for bombing it to me!!
[Reply]
neoflex 08:54 PM 03-26-2010
Hmmm, after hearing that I'm thinking it may have needed more down time like Mario mentioned. I guess I'll let the one Mario sent me spend more time with his buddies in the humi for a few more weeks instead of torching it this weekend.
[Reply]
borndead1 03:15 AM 03-27-2010
VERY good smoke.

I don't care for the Antano or the Celebracions, but I love the Clasico.

Jump on 'em quick, as I believe they only alloted a certain number of these to be priced lower to "reintroduce" the brand.
[Reply]
mad4maduro 06:55 AM 03-27-2010
i have to admit...i tend to shy away from JDNs...I have had some less than stellar experiences - they seem (in my personal experience) to lack consistency. I lean toward those that have proven consistency to me since I am limited on funds - CAO, Punch, Oliva, Padron, etc have all been consistently positive experiences for me
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:25 AM 03-27-2010
What is the Dark Criollo Scott? The new dark Antano?

Originally Posted by Scottw:
I have had the JdN Antano Cousul and Dark Criollo but not one of these.

[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:40 AM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
What is the Dark Criollo Scott? The new dark Antano?
Excel, there's the Dark Corojo and the Clasico Criollo. They are different though. You have a Criollo coming to you as we speak. You might have a Dark Corojo as well, don't remember on that one. If I'd known you hadn't tried them with your recent buying spree then I would have definitely included one with the rest of your sticks.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up