Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are Padron cigars getting more expensive?
omowasu 06:37 PM 10-30-2012
Noticed in the B&M the other day that the individual 1964 series were priced starting in the high teens, and any 1926 series was over 20.00. Family reserves were in the high 20s and low 30s.

This B&M has competitive retail pricing on their sticks too.

Thats way too much for a cigar, even if it is a Padron. I like the 1926 maduros but I cant dish out 20.00+ for one.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:41 PM 10-30-2012
I seem to remember reading somewhere about a year ago that Padron had pretty much let it be known that a price increase was forthcoming.
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:46 PM 10-30-2012
idk, perhaps I am incorrect or it was just the one I had... but I found Padron's to be nothing special... I know people rave about them... but I agree 20 a stick is WAY WAY too much...:-)
[Reply]
iaMkcK 07:17 PM 10-30-2012
Guess I should have started smoking while the getting was still good. I'm hard pressed to spend $20 on a stick at a B&M, unless I know it's worth that much and I know I'll enjoy it. I'd rather bite the bullet and get a 5 Pack for $35. Haha, damn I'm cheap.
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:29 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by iaMkcK:
damn I'm cheap.
Ditto here... Im still in search for the perfect "2 dollar" cigar... lol :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:39 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Ditto here... Im still in search for the perfect "2 dollar" cigar... lol :-)
I understand but I'm more of the "smoke better - smoke less" mindset. I'd rather spend more on better cigars and enjoy them less often.

Just my :-) and worth as much.
[Reply]
363 07:42 PM 10-30-2012
I dunno, I'd put the 1926 Maduro as one of the better sticks I've had. It really wow'd me, I am planning on shelling out and getting an 80th for my bday soon
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:44 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I understand but I'm more of the "smoke better - smoke less" mindset. I'd rather spend more on better cigars and enjoy them less often.

Oh I agree Peter, Quality over quantity most definitely, But I like to have some cheaper decent cigars for a daily stash...
[Reply]
heavyd 07:49 PM 10-30-2012

I agree, Peter :-)

However, I've found that the smaller Padron 1964's (Principe, Superior) can be had for 7 to 8 bucks a pop. The bigger rg's seem to go for double or triple that amount for some reason.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 08:15 PM 10-30-2012

yeah....same here Peter, maybe that choice has to do with getting older....everything seems to fall into the "quality over quantity" category

and yes Padron did raise their prices just a bit......not having raised them much in the past unlike other cigar companies
[Reply]
stearns 08:28 PM 10-30-2012
i feel like every time we get an order from padron at my the shop i work at the cost per box goes up a couple bucks. for the highest end stuff we try to eat the price increases, but for things like the 64's we have to increase the price to the customers. sucks, but at least it's not normally a huge increase
[Reply]
PearlS4 08:35 PM 10-30-2012
I've been picking up the 1964s on cbid for 7-8 a stick.
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:03 PM 10-30-2012
Best cigar I have ever had (in my opinion) is the Liga #9... 2nd Best was a close Padron 1926...

They are great sticks. That's pretty much all I have to say. So totally out of my price range of course, but everyone splurges every now and then. I did on my vacation. :-)
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:46 PM 10-30-2012
I've stayed away from Padron simply because of cost. I don't feel like I'm missing out as I would much rather spend $6-$7 on Boli RC's, PSD4's, RASS etc, and $11 for CoRo's... not to mention $4-$6 TPC & PC's. Oh, and $8 BBF's, and etc, etc... :-)
[Reply]
RobR1205 10:11 PM 10-30-2012
I stick to my X000 series Padron's. My perfect $2-4 stick. Unfortunately, it's just not in the budget to shell out $20+ a pop for a Padron. I agree that I have seen the 1926's and 1964s on the Devil Site for around $10-$20. Not great, but probably better than what you'd pay at your B&M.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 10:19 PM 10-30-2012
I can't ever tell if the price of the cigar is going up or if it's the taxes on them here in MN. We are about $5 above MSRP on cigars. It's horrible. I hate that I have to buy the majority of my stash online instead of at my local B&M but it's just too expensive.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:33 PM 10-30-2012
Padron Annis are among those select cigars which, if you can afford them, are worth every penny.
[Reply]
Dunkel 11:57 PM 10-30-2012
While I really like the X000 series they rarely if ever go on sale. If I can't get a deal I simply won't buy them. When some of my favorite smokes go on sale for 3-4 bucks each there's no way I'm spending more for somethin' I like less.
[Reply]
Stevez 06:48 AM 10-31-2012
Great sticks for special occassions, but given my daily consumption of smokes, only on special occassions. If I buy them to hold, I won't hold off and just smoke them on a whim. So, I don't buy them. I won't pay that much often at all. Steve
[Reply]
iaMkcK 07:06 AM 10-31-2012

I follow the same mindset, if I know the stick is worth $20 -- I'll pay it. If I'm at a B&M and I see a Davidoff for $45 and I look it up on a cigar shop online and it's only $15.. I just keep browsing. I'd rather buy a single for $15 and wait a week for it to show up rather than pay an absurd mark-up. I like to support my local tobacconist -- but sometimes they make it hard :-D
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up