Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Hurricane Sandy
mahtofire14 12:35 PM 10-29-2012
Tomb Guards this morning at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. These guys are amazing. My dad was a bugler that played Taps there for 25 years and I got to know these guys pretty well when I was young. Really cool picture. They guard the tomb through anything!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:46 PM 10-29-2012
I haven't heard from my uncle. He is sure to be under mandatory evacuation and has kids inland to stay with.

Atlantic Beach: http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.597271...53442&t=m&z=10

Hit the plus once and it appears in the middle, on Long Beach. Zoom out a bit and you will see how screwed that is.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:23 PM 10-29-2012
Just reading the local paper that the thumb area of Michigan could experience up to 35' waves off Lake Huron. Unreal. The only saving grace is the low water levels in the lake over the last few years.
[Reply]
jjirons69 01:30 PM 10-29-2012
Jim Cantore said the water could be 6-10 deep in and around Manhattan and the battery. That's nuts. Be careful out there. High tide is coming later this evening.
[Reply]
ColdCuts 01:54 PM 10-29-2012
It's getting nasty here. I don't know how this'll play out. My place is in Evacuation Zone A. My GF and I carried my most valued belonging up to the second floor this morning before getting the hell out of there. Not sure what will become of everything in the basement or on the ground floor. The photos I'm seeing online of my neighborhood aren't good. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
Kevin(n)tn 02:19 PM 10-29-2012
Best of luck everyone. Thoughts and prayers for you all.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:41 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Tomb Guards this morning at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. These guys are amazing. My dad was a bugler that played Taps there for 25 years and I got to know these guys pretty well when I was young. Really cool picture. They guard the tomb through anything!
Kinda chokes a guy up a little bit.

I wish all of you the best of luck and will pray for you all.
[Reply]
dubleuhb 02:45 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Kinda chokes a guy up a little bit.

I wish all of you the best of luck and will pray for you all.
Indeed it does.
[Reply]
Brlesq 03:09 PM 10-29-2012
For those of us in harm's way, Google built a special "crisis map" for this storm that is interactive and shows storm path, tidal surges can even show you where the to find an emergency shelter. Good luck, all!

http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012
[Reply]
longknocker 03:46 PM 10-29-2012
Thoughts & Prayers Sent For All Affected By This Nasty Storm.
[Reply]
jkim05 03:58 PM 10-29-2012
Just a point of clarification, this photo is not from today, it's from sometime in September. That being said, there is a photo on this page: http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/m...rom-september/ that is from today.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 04:37 PM 10-29-2012
Oh weak.....The caption said it was from this morning!!!! Sorry guys!:-)
[Reply]
Ubiquitous 04:51 PM 10-29-2012
Well, no power, the storms a pushing hard and leaning on the trees. We will see what it looks like in the morning. Everyone stay safe!
[Reply]
joeobx 05:04 PM 10-29-2012
It's been pounding down with winds blowing all day here. Supposed to be getting worse as the night goes on. I spent yesterday getting the panel box wired up for my wife and son as I dont know when I'll be back home. They told me to pack for 5 days and I'm looking at 16 on, 8 off for those 5 days.....the fun life of working for a power company.
[Reply]
OLS 05:13 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Just reading the local paper that the thumb area of Michigan could experience up to 35' waves off Lake Huron. Unreal.
The only saving grace is the low water levels in the lake over the last few years.
haha, that's what I'm screamin....my cousin is in bay city, with a house "right on Saginaw bay"....
at least it was when he bought it, lol. Now you can't see the water for all the rosseau cane
It looks MILES out there. if only the water would go way up and STAY impounded....which i guess is possible.
[Reply]
DaBear 05:25 PM 10-29-2012
The Battery has now broken the record for storm tide, 11.62' last I saw, breaks the old record of 11.2' set in 1821. And levels are still rising.

An apartment building at 8th and 14th just had its facade collapse. The apartments on the upper two floors are completely exposed.
[Reply]
Malakai 05:28 PM 10-29-2012
I hope all of you being affected by this stay safe!!
[Reply]
jkim05 06:02 PM 10-29-2012
Oh weak.....The caption said it was from this morning!!!! Sorry guys!:-)
Not you're fault, it's been going around twitter and facebook, and hundreds of thousands of people believed it. I don't know why someone would post a picture of that and lie about the date, especially when it wasn't even the photographer who did so. It seems disrespectful to the guys who are actually guarding the tomb.
[Reply]
iaMkcK 06:47 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Sorry to hear that, Cliff. But I'm glad you and your wife are safe.
My sentiments exactly. Stay safe, and hope you stay out of the worst of it. Good luck!
[Reply]
DaBear 06:59 PM 10-29-2012
MTA reports the subways are flooded. Water levels at the battery are still rising.

http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/plot...ry,+NY+&flag=0

Updates every six minutes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up