Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>How long would your stash last?
omowasu 12:51 PM 10-27-2012
Originally Posted by dvickery:
i like bobs answer...

about 300 a year & (like others)gifts are fun...roughly 25 years.

may outlive my stash if i stop buying now...not gonna happen tho...buying cigars is almost as much fun as smoking.

derrek
Yep following these rules (1/day most of the year) probably 15-17 years at my rate. Even more if I have the usual 2 per week instead of 5...
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:46 PM 10-27-2012
I'm looking at about 2-3 years in my stockpile. I do gift some smokes, but my friends also sponsor me some smokes as well.
I smoke 2-3 per week, a little more in the summer but that is a good average.

Chip, sorry to hear you might be stepping away for awhile, hope you stay active on the site.
[Reply]
dubleuhb 04:47 AM 10-28-2012
I would have to guess around 12 to 15 years. Sometimes I chain smoke for days but then
there are times when I won't touch one for a week or two.

Glad to see that there are many more around that have been planning for the future, LOL
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:44 AM 10-28-2012
Probably 2-3 years.
[Reply]
quantim0 11:20 AM 10-28-2012
I smoke a lot more during the cool months here since I don't have to go anywhere to smoke.

So figure 8 a week during the winter and 5 during the summer. I'd say I have a good 5 years at current rate. But if I knew I couldn't buy any more I'd slow it down.
[Reply]
markem 11:58 AM 10-28-2012
Crap. Just smoked my last stick. Knew I should have paid more attention.

So my answer is: it won't.
[Reply]
kuzi16 06:35 PM 10-28-2012
i would be just under 10 years.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:21 PM 10-28-2012
I just know that some of those little bastards are gonna outlive me.
[Reply]
carholio 08:50 AM 10-29-2012
I have about a years worth. I only smoke 3-4 a week.
[Reply]
htown 08:56 AM 10-29-2012
I have cut back to 2-3 a month and at that rate 16 years or so.
[Reply]
Fredo456 09:03 AM 10-29-2012
At my current unemployed rate of 1 a day, my stash would last about 3 months. At my usual rate, it'd be about twice that long.
However, since I have CCs destined to age, this could not happen.
[Reply]
Conch Republican 09:18 AM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
It doesnt matter how long they would last, I dont have enough! :-)
Amen Brother!
[Reply]
jkim05 11:05 AM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
couple weeks. I am kicking around giving it all up, actually. I rarely smoke anymore and honestly, do not miss it a whole lot.
Why quit completely? It doesn't take hardly any effort to maintain a small humidor, and it's not like cigars go "bad" sitting around. I probably smoke less often than almost anyone here, hence the length of time my cigars will last, but I still keep my cigars around. Unless I'm forced to quit forever for some as of now unknown situation, I'll keep my cigars around, no matter how rarely I smoke.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:30 AM 10-30-2012
Wish I knew the answer, but I can only imagine several years.
[Reply]
shilala 10:53 AM 10-30-2012
If it was just me smoking my cigars, I'd never finish them before I met my Maker.
I don't smoke a lot, I gift a lot more than I smoke. I seldom meet a guy who doesn't smile at their first cuban cigar, and I love throwing guys down the slope by sending them off with a gob of smokes.
Conversely, it never gets old being on the other end of that scenario, watching how happy it makes other guys to share, or being gifted a cigar I've been excited about.
I can't imagine being without cigars even if I never smoked another one. I'd miss it.
[Reply]
czerbe 11:06 AM 10-30-2012
not sure I once tried to count them and keep track but I stopped that after about 3 days LOL maybe a year or two but thats going to be a stretch as well. I hate to see an empty Humi I get nervous, but right now we are in whats call a Budget Crunch... so its getting low and empty!!! :-)
[Reply]
357 11:49 AM 10-30-2012
Not long. I probably only smoke 3-5 per month in the winter and 10 per month in the summer. Priorities have changed. I used to keep 200-300 cigars on hand, or at least try to.

Not to get overly personal but I've become more active in my local church. Shortly thereafter I learned that the pastor was going without pay at times. His salary is minimal to begin with, so I know this had to be a burden. Yet, he never let on. I found out from one of the deacons. Anyway, God laid it on my heart that I should be doing my share. Since I started to, money has been tight but we're doing fine. I've never been happier in my life all things considered. Good news is, I got a raise at work today. Hopefully it'll make things a little easier and will put some cigar purchases back into the mix.
[Reply]
Catfish 12:21 PM 10-30-2012
I smoke 2 - 4 a day. About 25 days. Probably less since EPIC's coming up and that's basically 48 hours of almost non-stop smoking. But I've never kept a lot of sticks around.
[Reply]
jimdandy 12:37 PM 10-30-2012
I'm guessing 7.3659 years... Give or Take
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:02 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
If it was just me smoking my cigars, I'd never finish them before I met my Maker.
I don't smoke a lot, I gift a lot more than I smoke. I seldom meet a guy who doesn't smile at their first cuban cigar, and I love throwing guys down the slope by sending them off with a gob of smokes.
Conversely, it never gets old being on the other end of that scenario, watching how happy it makes other guys to share, or being gifted a cigar I've been excited about.
I can't imagine being without cigars even if I never smoked another one. I'd miss it.
I was one of the victims :-) down that slope by you as well! :-)

I could maybe last 6 months... but I would get bored since I do not have much variety currently.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up