Victor Sinclair 12 13.33%
Rolando Reyes 6 6.67%
Any Thompson's House Blend 66 73.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Rate the worst
bobarian 10:07 PM 10-20-2012
Most of the Bay Area brothers have had the opportunity to sample the Cremosa Cubana. The fortunate ones got the taste of wet, stale cardboard. The unfortunate got the taste of dead fish. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:37 PM 10-20-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Most of the Bay Area brothers have had the opportunity to sample the Cremosa Cubana. The fortunate ones got the taste of wet, stale cardboard. The unfortunate got the taste of dead fish. :-)

And let's not forget the cigar that was so bad it made Mike go blind in one eye. A Matacan maduro I believe it was. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 11:02 PM 10-20-2012
Victor Sinclairs are freaking horrendous, but the worst cigar I've had is the Perdomo Immenso. I was up puking all night after smoking one.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:35 PM 10-20-2012
I don't know; there's a lord's plenty of bad cigars out there. Once you go below a certain level, it's just worsening degrees of awful.

I had a few unfortunate puffs of a Puros Indios once. Once. Not the very worst, but damn close.

Any Gurkha fits the bill, IMO. But especially any of the ones called "double" anything.

I had a Camacho at the Big Smoke in Vegas in '05, and it was so dry it literally fell apart in my hand while I smoked it; the fault lay with whatever rep brought them to the show to give away and didn't sample them nor do any QC.

Many more but, thankfully, I can't recall. Not too many, though; I mainly stick with good brands.
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:58 AM 10-21-2012
The Buccanero, that was in the Shack PPPP this year, far and away the worst cigar evvahhhhh!
[Reply]
shark 06:10 AM 10-21-2012
Thompson's, hands dpwn! Back when I didn't know any better, I fell for their slick nonsense in their catalogs.... :-)
[Reply]
Bax 06:26 AM 10-21-2012
Of the ones on the list that I've tried it had to be a Felipe Gregorio.
[Reply]
Garbandz 06:27 AM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Hands down...a Lars Teten Gorilla Finger. Even the Cremosa tasted like a top notch stick compared to the finger. :-) :-)
If you have never had one you cannot imagine how bad these are.The smell gets on your hands and lingers,and it takes days to get the taste out of your mouth.I have seen people vomit from them...........

We have a winner..........
[Reply]
floydp 07:31 AM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Cremosa Cubana.
Tamboril.
Gurkha Viper.
:-) Think I still have a bit of the aftertaste lingering from the Cremosa.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:43 AM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by floydp:
:-) Think I still have a bit of the aftertaste lingering from the Cremosa.
Frank!

Good to see you, Brother.
[Reply]
MrWolf55 08:01 AM 10-21-2012
I'm in the Puros Indios camp as well. Got one in a brown bag sampler from CI and thought I was smoking bundled up newspaper. The Morro Castle that was thrown in there wasnt much better either. When price is put into consideration, the worst handmade i've ever had is the Opus X no.5. The only cigar I ever chucked twice because it was unsmokable not for construction reasons, but because the taste was so unbearable. The first third is nothing but PEPPER that burns your palate and makes your eyes water. Then it progresses into F-YOU, HAVE SOME MORE PEPPER and after 30 minutes I can't get past them. Even with a whole 2 years of age they didn't mellow out. Felt so jipped that I spent $12 a piece for something I couldn't even stomach.
[Reply]
forgop 02:52 PM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by mrwolf55:
the first third is nothing but pepper that burns your palate and makes your eyes water. Then it progresses into f-you, have some more pepper
lmao
[Reply]
icehog3 03:04 PM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by MrWolf55:
The first third is nothing but PEPPER that burns your palate and makes your eyes water. Then it progresses into F-YOU, HAVE SOME MORE PEPPER and after 30 minutes I can't get past them.
Sounds frighteningly similar to 2 of the Tat mini-monsters (pun intended). :-)
[Reply]
forgop 03:05 PM 10-21-2012
1876 Reserve and a couple of other brands CI tends to describe as a $2 stick that you'd think was the deal of a century. I think CI just preys on noobs trying to get bang for their buck when they get into the hobby.
[Reply]
forgop 03:08 PM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
There is no escaping the thompsons mailing list...
I think it'd be easier to skip out on student loans than eluding the Thompson's catalog.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:31 PM 10-21-2012
The worst cigar I've ever had was smoked a week ago at my retirement party. My brother-in-law had brought back some glass-box "Cuban" Cohibas from Cozumel while on a cruise. He's not a smoker so I didn't have the heart to tell him he'd picked up fakes. He meant well so I'm glad he wasn't around when I lit it, gagged, and tossed it into the ashtray.
[Reply]
joeobx 03:38 PM 10-21-2012
For me it was the Est 1844. I have tried 3 and never made it more than a 1/2" into it before they got pitched.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:16 PM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
The worst cigar I've ever had was smoked a week ago at my retirement party. My brother-in-law had brought back some glass-box "Cuban" Cohibas from Cozumel while on a cruise. He's not a smoker so I didn't have the heart to tell him he'd picked up fakes. He meant well so I'm glad he wasn't around when I lit it, gagged, and tossed it into the ashtray.
Need to be careful even lighting those, we dissected one a couple years back that had quite a few non-organic substances in them (plastic, string..)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:17 PM 10-21-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Need to be careful even lighting those, we dissected one a couple years back that had quite a few non-organic substances in them (plastic, string..)
The one puff I had from it could best be described as burning some rotting oak inside a pair of dirty underwear.
[Reply]
Remo 05:19 PM 10-21-2012
Of the ones I have tried that are listed...Felipe Gregorio are nasty @ss bastages :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up