Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Punch cigars
Smooth23 05:22 PM 10-28-2012
How are they? I tried looking up reviews on here but can't really find much, punch being a pretty commonly used term to search for and all
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:25 PM 10-28-2012
Depends on the blend... some like the Grand Cru maduro are pretty tasty... others like the regular punch maduro are too bland for me... I haven't tried the bareknuckle or the upper cut... but if I guess I'd say it really just depends on what flavors and draw type you like...
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:27 PM 10-28-2012
Also... the Rare Corojo and the 10th Anniversary Rare corojo are pretty different... both are pretty good IMHO...
[Reply]
jluck 05:30 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by Smooth23:
How are they? I tried looking up reviews on here but can't really find much, punch being a pretty commonly used term to search for and all
Narrow it down some. what type/size/wrapper etc....
[Reply]
larryinlc 05:44 PM 10-28-2012
My favorite would be the standard Punch Natural in a 5.25 x 54 size. They're always consistently rolled(not loose) and they burn perfectly. Slightly spicy taste. One of my favorite smokes. Two others I've tried but don't care for would be the Gran Puro and the Uppercut. Gran Puro is one dimensional and bland(my opinion). Uppercut. I'm not sure what I don't like but I don't like them.

Larry
[Reply]
Smooth23 05:57 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Narrow it down some. what type/size/wrapper etc....
Guess I'm just making sure they aren't some complete trash brand... I'm into a little darker, more flavorful smokes, preferably without too much spicyness
[Reply]
OLS 05:59 PM 10-28-2012
I abandoned this brand back in the early 90s. I bought a handful of singles of a coal black corona-toro that was exceptional,
loaded with rich chocolate flavors, had me swooning over how unbelievably flavorful it was. I went back to buy some more and
they never tasted good to me again. I was so disappointed. I was also kind of pi55ed off, because I felt that they lied to me.
In a way anyway. And after that I discovered habanos, so it was just as well.
[Reply]
omowasu 06:23 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by Smooth23:
Guess I'm just making sure they aren't some complete trash brand... I'm into a little darker, more flavorful smokes, preferably without too much spicyness
Punch Champion Double Maduro will meet your needs. Its a very good smoke!
[Reply]
363 06:35 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by omowasu:
Punch Champion Double Maduro will meet your needs. Its a very good smoke!
That's good to know, I've had the champion and have been looking to revisit, grabed that tailgate thing they got going on and it came with the Maduro one.
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:37 PM 10-28-2012
haven't tried the champion... maybe review it if you have the time? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:37 PM 10-28-2012
Punch is one of those brands that I haven't had any luck with. RP being the other. All their sticks seem to taste the same to me. :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:40 PM 10-28-2012
I happen to enjoy the BareKnuckle. It happens to be the only one i have had though.
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:40 PM 10-28-2012
Ahh Mac... really no luck with RP? I know they can be hit and miss... but no luck at all?

I know one I think you would like... just guessing from your maduro-ness...

the RP Honduran Classic... tasted great to me... had a really loose draw but didn't get hot or run... voluminous smoke... and a deep dark and oily taste.... Fam exclusive brand tho...
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:42 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
Ahh Mac... really no luck with RP? I know they can be hit and miss... but no luck at all?

I know one I think you would like... just guessing from your maduro-ness...

the RP Honduran Classic... tasted great to me... had a really loose draw but didn't get hot or run... voluminous smoke... and a deep dark and oily taste.... Fam exclusive brand tho...
I do enjoy the RP Cuban Blend Maduro...only stick in their line that I enjoy.
[Reply]
Robulous78 06:44 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I do enjoy the RP Cuban Blend Maduro...only stick in their line that I enjoy.
I hear they are similar... you didn't care for the edge maduro tho?
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:06 PM 10-28-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I hear they are similar... you didn't care for the edge maduro tho?
Nope...not a fan of having my fingers turned colors from the dye.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:40 PM 10-28-2012
Big fan of the Champion and the Grand Cru Maduros
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:17 PM 10-28-2012
My favorites are 10th Anniversary Rare Corojo and Gran Cru Maduro. Occasionaly I'll grab a Champion, but not as much as the other two mentioned prior.
[Reply]
lenguamor 11:15 PM 10-28-2012
I always used to enjoy the Rothschild oscuros, used to buy them by the box of 50 when they were around $1.75 ea. Haven't thought of them in years.
[Reply]
Up