Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>PDR Cigars chooses Mythical Cigars Europe
schimahen 10:00 AM 01-25-2012
MIAMI - PDR Cigars is pleased to announce Mythical Cigars Europe as distributor of its premium cigar brands to cigar retailers in Europe. PDR Cigars has an 80-year-old history within its hallowed halls. Headed by Abraham Flores and the brothers Rodriguez, La Fabrica hires only the most experienced rollers and it shows in the quality of every cigar. Each puro is delicately handcrafted that results in a cigar of supreme construction. The tabaco leaves used in every blend is of the highest quality and the refined finish is a testament to the attention given to every leaf that passes through the doors of the PDR CIGAR factory. Now in its 8th year of independent operation, Flores y Rodriguez are proud to present to you the jewels of La Fabrica.

Abe Flores, CEO PDR Cigars: “ I’m excited to have Mythical Cigars represent PDR Cigars in Europe. I believe they will do a great job providing sales and service to all the new PDR Retailers in Europe. I’m honored to have them as partners and friends in this new adventure”.

“The first time I smoked the PDR cigars, I knew that we had to bring these amazing cigars to the European market”, Mark Hendriksen, CEO of Mythical Cigars Europe stated. “Together with the integrity and tremendous know-how of Abe Flores, this business alliance will now also offer the European consumer value for money, at the highest quality level available in the business”.

PDR Cigars offers a wide range of premium cigars such as the PDR 1878 Habano Sun Grown, PDR 1878 Oscuro, PDR 1878 Clasico and the PDR 1878 Selección but also the PDR 1878 Cubano Special and the PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana.

For more information, please do not hesitate to give us a call or visit the Mythical Import website at www.mythicalimport.com.
[Reply]
Diths0er 01:52 PM 01-31-2012
I wonder how this will affect the price of PDR's line in the future. Negatively I would presume. The more demand, the higher the price. PDR makes some pretty good cigars for their price. Let those puppies age four to six months or so at 67 rh (for me, they taste better at a little higher rh) and they're wonderful.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:58 PM 01-31-2012
Going into Europe, eh? Mr. Flores might want to have a long think about re-naming for that market. Nothing kills brand momentum like major lawsuits.
[Reply]
schimahen 03:31 PM 01-31-2012
There will not be any lawsuit!

Pinar del Rio could prove an issue agains Habanos or Cuba Cigar But,

PDR Cigars is no problem at all.

And it is called PDR Cigars everywhere, even on the cigar band and in that respect it could even be called XYZ Cigars + our trademark people have gone over this and there is no problem.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:46 PM 01-31-2012
Mark, like I said earlier this week, I would reconsider. If you go to pdrcigars.com you can clearly see "pinar del rio". But then again, your company, your risk and your potential loss.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 08:47 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by schimahen:
And it is called PDR Cigars everywhere, even on the cigar band
Yeah, but look at the most prominent element on that same band: Pinar Del Rio.

Originally Posted by schimahen:
our trademark people have gone over this and there is no problem
Looking at the history of legal actions around this question, I don't think it's really a 'trademark' issue in the first place.

It's your dice-roll, of course, but I'm with Ferdie on this one. In your position, I don't think I'd go there without a name change.
[Reply]
schimahen 05:45 AM 10-29-2012
Thank you very much for your concern in this matter.

However, there is no problem. Whatever it says on the PDR Cigars company website is of no concern as long as the brand is marketed correctly in Europe. This has been done.

There will be some nice things to report in just a few weeks time:-)
[Reply]
Up