Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>SIMPLE beer rating site???
mosesbotbol 02:23 PM 02-16-2012
If it were that simple of a scale, the number would be too subjective with little to represent the number's meaning and value.
[Reply]
mmblz 03:38 PM 02-16-2012
i disagree...
movie reviews, amazon product reviews, etc - they're all 5 stars and work perfectly well.

i think that with a choice of 1-5, I have a definite and clear choice that really reflects how I felt about something.

A 100 point scale is too much resolution. The difference between saying I liked something 82 points vs 87 points is meaningless.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 03:49 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by mmblz:
i disagree...
movie reviews, amazon product reviews, etc - they're all 5 stars and work perfectly well.

i think that with a choice of 1-5, I have a definite and clear choice that really reflects how I felt about something.

A 100 point scale is too much resolution. The difference between saying I liked something 82 points vs 87 points is meaningless.
I agree, for me it's something along the lines of:

* "This is what's available? I'll have a water please."
** Not worth my time
*** I will be just fine drinking it if it's the only thing available
**** Great beer, will drink it often
***** Favorite beer, I don't even care that it's $8.99 for a 12oz bottle[/list]
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:17 AM 02-17-2012
i disagree...
Those scales only "work" because of the person or organization's creds doing the review. Even then, it's just a summary with detail behind it.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:30 PM 02-21-2012
Ok, I'm signed up on Untappd.

Username: ChicagoWhiteSox

Other beer drinkers here need to sign up!!
[Reply]
mmblz 07:39 PM 02-23-2012
I've been trying RateBeer.
I like the simplicity of keeping track of my own ratings.
I like seeing what the average rating for beers is. But has anyone noticed that the rating average on RateBeer is less believable than BeerAdvocate?
I could be imagining it but it seems like there are Breweries where every other beer is like 96 or higher. Then other breweries where every beer is in the 70s. Not that such a thing can't be true - but the examples I was looking at seemed hard to believe.

Untappd looks interesting but I think I would have an even harder time trying to figure out what to do with it than Facebook. :-)
[Reply]
mmblz 09:59 AM 03-16-2012
anyone heard of or use greatbrewers.com ?
I just looked out the window and there was a truck driving by.
haven't figured out exactly what the site is good for yet (other than maybe finding local stores that could be worth checking out)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:29 AM 03-16-2012
anyone heard of or use greatbrewers.com ?
I just looked out the window and there was a truck driving by.
haven't figured out exactly what the site is good for yet (other than maybe finding local stores that could be worth checking out)
Gives you a little more info here:

http://greatbrewers.com/l-knife-son-companies
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up