Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 351
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Mark C 06:33 AM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by Stick:
Had a Great Lakes Brewing Barrel-Aged Blackout Stout (Blackout Stout aged in oak bourbon barrels, ABV: 9.0%, IBU: 85) at the brewery the other night, yum.
I like oak aged beer, gonna have to keep an eye out for this one.

Old Dominion makes a really good oak aged stout also, give that a shot if you happen to see it!
macpappy 09:50 AM 10-19-2008
Chilling and waiting for game time:

Nostradomas Belgian Brown Ale.
Eel River Triple Exultation
Eel River Raven's Eye
Aventinus Wheat Doppelbock

Smoke of choice today: Taboo Twist
ToddziLLa 09:55 AM 10-19-2008
Great Lakes Oktoberfest.
VirtualSmitty 10:10 AM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I like oak aged beer, gonna have to keep an eye out for this one.

Old Dominion makes a really good oak aged stout also, give that a shot if you happen to see it!
Definitely look for that Innis and Gunn I mentioned in my first post. It was barrel aged and tasty :-)
qwerty1500 11:11 AM 10-19-2008
Seldom venture far from my beloved gin martinis. However, we were in an Irish pub in Boston last weekend and the wife ordered a Black and Tan for me. Loved It! "Great Taste, More Filling."

Now I'm thinking that I need to buy some Guinness and Harps, disfigure an old kitchen spoon and try it again.
macpappy 04:40 PM 10-19-2008
IF YOU HAVE NOT TRIED EEL RIVER'S RAVEN'S EYE THEN STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND GO FIND SOME NOW AND TRY IT.

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

THAT IS A SURPRISINGLY GOOD BEER.

Okay, We've sampled Aventius Dopplebock, Nostrodamus Belgian Brown Ale and Unibroue Epherma (spelling bad). After the Aventius and another dark beer I can't remember, the Epherma was like drinking dirty water.

Then we moved to the Raven's Eye. DAMMMMMNNNNNNN! That will knock something into the dirt. It's 11 percent alcohol. (okay, maybe it was the all the other beer we had first). But you cannot see through this beer.
AD720 05:45 PM 10-19-2008
It's Ephemere. If you are only into heavy, dark beers I'm not surprised you don't like it. I think it is great - refreshing and bubbly and the green apple flavor is subtle but very nice.

If you want to give Unibroue another shot try the Trios Pistoles or the Chambly Noire.
macpappy 05:50 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
It's Ephemere. If you are only into heavy, dark beers I'm not surprised you don't like it. I think it is great - refreshing and bubbly and the green apple flavor is subtle but very nice.

If you want to give Unibroue another shot try the Trios Pistoles or the Chambly Noire.
Yeah. Well you try spelling it after the other ones we drank (Aventinus, Raven's Eye, Triple Exhultation, Bellhaven Wee Heavy). Not to mention the Beck's Dark, Paulenar and Abita Pecan Ale we had before we started hitting the heavy stuff.

I've had the Trios Pistoles and the Unibroue 17 and a couple of their other brews. They are all good. I agree the Ephemere is probably an excellent beer for an early afternoon before you've had anything heavy. But we went from the beer to medium rare new york strip steaks and grilled onions and mushrooms...
tnip23 05:51 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:

In all fairness the ephemere never had a chance after the beers he started with. without a serious palate cleansing it would be hard to taste the ephemere after those brews.
macpappy 05:54 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by tnip23:
In all fairness the ephemere never had a chance after the beers he started with. without a serious palate cleansing it would be hard to taste the ephemere after those brews.
Actually we were using clean glasses and rinsing with chilled water between beer. But we probably were kinda numb by the time we reached the Ephemere. (neither of us were driving tonight anyway._
livwire68 06:08 PM 10-19-2008
Just drinking some spaten oktoberfest, and dunkelweizen (gordon biersch) and not Impressed by the (gordon biersch) marzen
Sauer Grapes 07:10 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Actually we were using clean glasses and rinsing with chilled water between beer. But we probably were kinda numb by the time we reached the Ephemere. (neither of us were driving tonight anyway._
I think he was talking more about your palate being destroyed for a while after the other beers so your taste would be off for the other.
AAlmeter 02:56 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
oh c'mon Adam, no Genny cream ale!? :-):-)
That's only for special occasions
Skywalker 03:15 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
My go-to's are Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... and just tried my first Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale! MMMMMM :-)
This is good stuff!!! I picked up a case last week and it is almost gone!!!

We had a limited Harvest Ale Chico Estate this year... brewed with local hops grown in Chico.
:-)
Scottw 03:20 PM 10-20-2008
Yesterday it was heineken.
mikeyj23 03:54 PM 10-20-2008
Boddington's Pub Ale
kfish 04:23 PM 10-20-2008
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale
Magma 06:37 PM 10-20-2008
As of this month..

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen
Franziskaner
VirtualSmitty 09:46 AM 10-30-2008
Stopped at he liquer store last night and picked up some Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale and some Anchor Steam. Haven't had the OBD in a long while, mostly buy the robust porter. I had forgotten how good it was!
Skywalker 03:01 PM 11-05-2008
Started drinking the Sierra Nevada Celebration this week!!! Big change from the Harvest but good!!!:-)
Page 4 of 351
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Up