Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 135 of 195
« First < 3585125133134135 136137145185 > Last »
Discussion>Whats in your bowl?
ApexAZ 09:47 PM 10-29-2014
You try Barbary Coast yet, Darren? It's good.
[Reply]
WaRevo 12:07 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
Oh wait, you sent me the my mixture, right?
Your right, you know what. I meant to send you some of the De Luxe as well. Don't know why it is still here in my drawer. Well!!! Shoot. Already on my second Tin. I will have to buy a Tin and see what is different.

James
[Reply]
Subvet642 04:12 AM 10-30-2014
You try Barbary Coast yet, Darren? It's good.
No, I haven't. Who makes it? What'sit like? I haven't tried very much of anything yet, but I want to take a well reasoned approach to find my everyday smoke. I know, in my head, what I want, but it's hard to describe. I have some Comoy's Cask #2 on the way: chocolate and vanilla with a back note of port wine. Sounds good.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:59 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by WaRevo:
I will have to buy a Tin and see what is different.

James
You should hold off and wait for the mailman before you buy anything
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:01 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
No, I haven't. Who makes it? What'sit like? I haven't tried very much of anything yet, but I want to take a well reasoned approach to find my everyday smoke. I know, in my head, what I want, but it's hard to describe. I have some Comoy's Cask #2 on the way: chocolate and vanilla with a back note of port wine. Sounds good.
It's a very light aromatic by GLP. Burley based and very tasty. It's not overly aromatic, retaining much of the tobacco flavor and has a good room note. I like it a lot and coming from cigars I also like the English blends.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:21 AM 10-30-2014
No, I haven't. Who makes it? What'sit like? I haven't tried very much of anything yet, but I want to take a well reasoned approach to find my everyday smoke...
Here's a few reviews to help you out regarding the Barbary Coast Darren:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/...-barbary-coast
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:50 AM 10-30-2014
It's a very light aromatic by GLP. Burley based and very tasty. It's not overly aromatic, retaining much of the tobacco flavor and has a good room note. I like it a lot and coming from cigars I also like the English blends.
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Here's a few reviews to help you out regarding the Barbary Coast Darren:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/...-barbary-coast
Yeah guys, that's just the kind of thing I was thinking about. Something NOT like a Swisher Sweet. It's on the list.

The wife wanted me to check out aromatics because they remind her of her dad when she was growing up.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 12:11 PM 10-30-2014
Yeah guys, that's just the kind of thing I was thinking about. Something NOT like a Swisher Sweet. It's on the list.

The wife wanted me to check out aromatics because they remind her of her dad when she was growing up.
Ah, I gotcha. I haven't really delved too deep into those, cause it's not really my thing I guess. The ones I've tried were too sweet I guess, which is why I found the BC to be a nice balance. I wish I could help more.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:32 PM 10-30-2014
Ah, I gotcha. I haven't really delved too deep into those, cause it's not really my thing I guess. The ones I've tried were too sweet I guess, which is why I found the BC to be a nice balance. I wish I could help more.
That's lotsa help! That's just the kinda thing I was looking for; I don't want to smoke a candy bar, either.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:19 AM 11-03-2014
On my regular supply run to the Granite State, I had an opportunity to stop at a great pipe and tobacco shop called Gold Leaf on Rt. 1 (Lafayette Rd.) in Hampton. I found them by checking out the GLP website and they were listed as a stockist. What a great shop! The proprietor is gentleman right out of Central Casting; he looks like he was born with a pipe in his mug. He mostly sells pipes, pipe tobacco and accessories, but he has some cigars. I bought his last tin of GPL Barbary Coast and got some good advice about gurgling pipes; counter sink the tenon. Another shop patron called it "G-Forcing". :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:29 AM 11-03-2014
A bowl full of Father Dempsey Blend from Kramers Pipe and Tobacco Shop in Beverly Hills. Good stuff:-) Smoked this in the unknown billiard estate pipe that I'm refurbishing to tighten the tenon in the mortise. Appears to be doing the job. Maybe a few more bowls and then I'll get rid of it (maybe)...

On my regular supply run to the Granite State, I had an opportunity to stop at a great pipe and tobacco shop called Gold Leaf on Rt. 1 (Lafayette Rd.) in Hampton. I bought his last tin of GPL Barbary Coast and got some good advice about gurgling pipes; counter sink the tenon. Another shop patron called it "G-Forcing". :-)
Nice looking shop on line, probably better in-person. Glad you got a tin of BC Darren.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:06 AM 11-03-2014
On my regular supply run to the Granite State, I had an opportunity to stop at a great pipe and tobacco shop called Gold Leaf on Rt. 1 (Lafayette Rd.) in Hampton. I found them by checking out the GLP website and they were listed as a stockist. What a great shop! The proprietor is gentleman right out of Central Casting; he looks like he was born with a pipe in his mug. He mostly sells pipes, pipe tobacco and accessories, but he has some cigars. I bought his last tin of GPL Barbary Coast and got some good advice about gurgling pipes; counter sink the tenon. Another shop patron called it "G-Forcing". :-)
Let me know how you like the BC. I just smoked a bowl on the way in to work and continue to really enjoy it.

Also, since you gravitate toward the English blends, be sure to try GLP's Gaslight. I got a few samples of it with some tin orders and enjoyed it very much. I plan to buy a few tins on my next shopping spree:-)

What does "counter sink the tenon" mean?
[Reply]
nutcracker 11:42 AM 11-03-2014
Just had a bowl of McC Oriental blend 14 in my little Kaywoodie acorn I acquired from BamBam. Pipe smoked really well and I thoroughly enjoyed the blend.
[Reply]
WaRevo 11:50 AM 11-03-2014
Smoking some Hearth & Home Caramel Apple Pie, in a cob this Monday AM.

James
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 04:33 PM 11-03-2014
Just had some Comoy's Cask #4. nice flake.

Darren, if you end up enjoying the BC, give Haddo's Delight by GLP as well.
[Reply]
Flynnster 06:38 PM 11-03-2014
Couple bowls of John Bull English over the weekend. Really pleasant stuff. Very classic "pipe" smell according to everyone I Was around.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:20 PM 11-03-2014
More Frog Morton On the Town. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying and using this brebbia pipe cleaner/sweetner stuff and all I taste is mint. Lesson for the day: NEVER USE BREBBIA MINT SWEETNER!!!!!

This stuff is so strong it masks even the latakia. Dang. Hopefully it will go away after this bowl and a cleaning with everclear. =(
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:23 PM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Nice looking shop on line, probably better in-person. Glad you got a tin of BC Darren.
Let me know how you like the BC. I just smoked a bowl on the way in to work and continue to really enjoy it.

Also, since you gravitate toward the English blends, be sure to try GLP's Gaslight. I got a few samples of it with some tin orders and enjoyed it very much. I plan to buy a few tins on my next shopping spree:-)

What does "counter sink the tenon" mean?
I'm smoking some BC in my new Ropp Silhouette prince. I like it! I have it in a tobacco jar I picked-up on the 'Bay. I'll post pix tomorrow in the purchase thread. Counter-sinking a tenon is actually just like it sounds: use a drill bit, by hand, to open the opening of the tenon such that it's funnel shaped. I imagine that it smooths out the air flow.
Wow, this BC stays lit and cool. The pipe, itself, is silent. I'm learning to time my puffs with my breathing and it helps a lot. Gaslight caught my eye and the description sounds good, so I was looking at that, as well. It caught my eye, because I like the movie so I got the reference. I still have a couple of tobaccos sitting around that I haven't tried yet: the Iwan Ries Three Star Blue that they sent free with the Ropp (another crossover, from the description), and the Comoy's Cask Nš 2 (a bit more aromatic). I'll probably get to them in the next couple of days. I'm only smoking a half bowl as its the pipe's first smoke, but this BC develops a bit as you go.:-) Thanks again for the help, everyone! :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 02:17 AM 11-05-2014
Smoking some Comoy's Cask Nš2 in my Christiano bent rusticated Dublin setter. This is pretty good, too! :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:57 AM 11-06-2014
Father Dempsey Blend from Kramers Pipe and Tobacco Shop in Beverly Hills. Second bowl of this blend through the unknown billiard estate pipe that I'm refurbishing, and it has now tightened the tenon in the mortise very well:-)

Thanks for the advice Todd (RevSmoke):-)
[Reply]
Page 135 of 195
« First < 3585125133134135 136137145185 > Last »
Up