Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva O Ole (maduro)
Volt 07:51 AM 02-04-2009
Ok, yesterday sucked so I burnt a cigar to relax. I have both a cold and bronchitis so the taste buds are off big time.

Oliva O Ole Maduro 4 3/4 x 50 (silk band) all Nicuraguan

The Pre draw was spot on for me. Not plugged but decent resistance, I hate a loose draw. Pre burn aroma.... can't say.... It lit up very easy and the burn from start to finish was outstanding. The robusto is my favorite size, a bit over an hour to smoke. Speaking of smoke this stick produces a ton. I had to make an effort not to overly smoke up the bar. Not just a lot but also thick. Got comments from others there that it smelled good.

The first 1/4" almost disappointed. Started out with a bit of peppery spice that I wasn't looking for based on the red I smoked. Initial flaver was very woodsey and reminded my of burning logs outside. A smell I like. After the first 1/4" the spice totally faded, yea! It settled into a thick rich smoke. The woodsey sense stayed the full distance. It very thick and rich tasting, itsnorkled through the nose with no bite at all. Very low in nic as I did this before supper with no noticeable buzz. It would make a very good early morning cigar for some.

I'm sure other flavors were there but with a cold I just don't know. Prolly a bit of a waste to smoke it but I needed it. Gonna reserve how it comperes to a Omni red but it stands up well enough on it's own. Out of the ole 1 - 5 scale, at least a 4 maybe 4.5.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:10 AM 02-04-2009
You got all of that and your fighting a cold!!! You rock!!!

My colds usually take me out of the game!!!

Nice review!!!
:-)

BTW - I need to pick up a box of these... Oh wait I can't!!!:-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 09:26 AM 02-04-2009
Now there's a man: Cold be damned, I'm gonna smoke. :-):

Great review, Michael.
[Reply]
stearns 09:34 AM 02-04-2009
wow, with everything i've heard about this cigar, 'early morning' has never been associated. very interesting... thanks for the review

stearns
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 09:43 AM 02-04-2009
well done lad well done
[Reply]
Scottw 09:45 AM 02-04-2009
nice review.:-)
[Reply]
Volt 09:53 AM 02-04-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
wow, with everything i've heard about this cigar, 'early morning' has never been associated. very interesting... thanks for the review

stearns
I could see this with a heavy type, non-sweet breakfast. Western omlete (with maybe a nice smoked cheese in it) and coffee would fair well. A sweet say pancakes and syrup not so much. Too much contrast.
[Reply]
stearns 04:29 PM 02-04-2009
alright... get me a detailed list of the ideal breakfast to compliment it (since you seem to have a good flavor profile in mind), bring the cigars, i'll see ya sunday morning :-)

stearns
[Reply]
Volt 04:37 PM 02-04-2009
How about breakfast at Baileys Sat night?
[Reply]
stearns 04:38 PM 02-04-2009
if i wasnt gonna be in PA i'd be there

stearns
[Reply]
karmaz00 04:44 PM 02-04-2009
cold in all. thankf or the review
[Reply]
Up