Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tex Cigars House Brand
dannysguitar 10:22 AM 01-27-2009
www.stogieinfo.info

Cigar review time! Once again, this cigar comes courtesy of my good buddies over at Tex Cigars.
The Story:

Not much is known about this cigar. The only information I was given was that it is made by PIO and will soon be Tex Cigars house brand with a price point from $3 to $4. I was lucky enough to smoke 2 of the Toro size (6 X 50) for this review. I am told the blend is from Nicaragua and the Dominican, and the wrapper is an Equadorian Criollo. Sounds like the makings for a nice smoke.

Construction/Pre-light:
The wrapper looked very rough with several veins, and the stogie was a little light for its size. I am told these are a few months from the factory, so they may be a little fresh. The pre-light draw was easy with slight resistance. Not too free, but not tight or plugged. The flavors I got from the pre-light draw was a slight spice on my lips and a nice woodsy/sweet flavor on my palette.

Flavors:
The flavors on this 6X50 Toro were consistent and pleasing. The smoke started with a nice woodsy flavor up front with a very subtle amount of spice. It produces lots of thick white smoke. After a few minutes the slight spice fades and a sweet carmel flavor shines through. This sweetness is more noticeable in the finish and stays on your tongue for sometime. My taste buds really enjoy this sensation. I found this cigar to be a solid medium bodied smoke. Towards the end of the smoke, a slight spice is introduced and a little bitterness. I believe if these are rested a couple more months that bitterness will disappear.

The Burn:

The burn started a little on the crooked side but it corrected itself very well. As you can see by the pictures this cigar had a very nice strong white ash. Only one touch up was required.
Overall:

This cigar was a nice daily smoke. I would recommend this cigar to people that enjoy Criollo wrappers and not so much spice in their cigars. For the price this is an awesome smoke. For that I give this cigar a deserving 7.5 of 10 rating. Solid smoke for a very nice price
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:29 AM 01-27-2009
great review Danny! :-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 10:42 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
great review Danny! :-)

Thanks man! link me to your blog if ya don't mind!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:47 AM 01-27-2009
I don't have one...yet....but I will be doing some reviews too; just had a PIO IV Torp as the first one up and I'll keep ya posted when they go up!
[Reply]
Up