Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>RP Edge Toro Maduro
mash 05:25 PM 01-06-2009
Just finishing my second from the box. Stored at 62 degrees, 64%.
Very dark wrapper, almost oscuro. Couple of prominent veins. Punched it, draw is a touch loose.
A hefty smoke, it burns reasonably well. Have to puff on it a bit towards the end. It's pleasant, though certainly not complex. Gets a bit charry towards the end. Short finish.
A 7.5/10. Definitely a change of pace, but not something I'd be actively reaching for a lot.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 05:55 PM 01-06-2009
Had this when I first got into smoking and it kicked my @$$. Been afraid to go back. :-) thanks Mash.
[Reply]
Cigary 05:58 PM 01-06-2009
These are good cigars,,,let them age a few months and see what you think?
[Reply]
icantbejon 06:02 PM 01-06-2009
I've really enjoyed a bunch of these cigars. They are pretty tasty. I haven't felt the "punch" that I was expecting from these cigars though. Many people tell me they are super strong and I just haven't experienced it yet.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:12 PM 01-06-2009
Very honest assessment!!!

Thank you for the review!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:36 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by SmoknTaz:
Had this when I first got into smoking and it kicked my @$$. Been afraid to go back. :-) thanks Mash.
It kicked my ass when I first started too. Go back and revisit them if you like full bodied cigars. You'll find they're not as powerful as they were when you were a newbie to cigars. I love 'em now.
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 05:56 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
it kicked my ass when i first started too. Go back and revisit them if you like full bodied cigars. You'll find they're not as powerful as they were when you were a newbie to cigars. I love 'em now.
Thanks I think I will give them another shot now that I'm not such a novice. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:01 PM 01-11-2009
I enjoyed the couple I have smoked. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Whee 07:21 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by SmoknTaz:

Had the same experience, but don't be afraid. They treat you better with a little nap, IMHO.
[Reply]
Ken 12:52 PM 02-11-2009
Just went out and had one on lunch. I've made a revisit to the Edge, Corojo & Maduro, and glad I did. Good cigar! I may lean toward the Corojo more, though the sweetness that comes of the maduro wrapper is nice.
[Reply]
Good_Stogies_Mon 03:19 PM 02-11-2009
I enjoy these smokes but agree that is not an every day smoke, for me any way. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Up