Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFL Kick-off
RevSmoke 09:53 PM 09-08-2011
Wow, what a game. What a finish!

I don't know that Hawks touched the man. That looked a lot like all ball.

Packers over the Saints.

Whoo, hoo!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:54 PM 09-08-2011
:-)
GO PACK GO!
[Reply]
massphatness 09:59 PM 09-08-2011
What a finish though I could have used another Brees TD for my fantasy league ...
[Reply]
taltos 10:01 PM 09-08-2011
The official blew that interference call. Glad that the Pack was able to stop the untimed play. Quite the defensive struggle tonight.:-)
[Reply]
TBone 11:18 PM 09-08-2011
Wow the Packers were in last year form and NO was looking bad...congrats on the win.
[Reply]
Moose6026 01:41 AM 09-09-2011
Poor call by the ref. That was a clean play, no interference. Heck, I could see that and I'm a Bears fan
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:22 AM 09-09-2011
Originally Posted by TBone:
Wow the Packers were in last year form and NO was looking bad...congrats on the win.
I think the offense for both teams looked pretty good. And neither defense was up to form for a Super Bowl contenders. It is nice to see that Green Bay may finally have a running game.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
shilala 06:34 AM 09-09-2011
I'm not sure if neither defense showed up, or if both offenses were that good.
Rodgers was amazing. The fact that NO had a chance to tie the game at the end, good stuff. I was pretty surprised at the play call, I really thought they'd just roll right and shovel the ball in.
Can you imagine if the Saints would have gotten that TD? Wow.

Awesome start to the season, you couldn't ask for any more. Can't wait to see my Steelers on Sunday. I'm excited to see what Baltimore has put together this year. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:37 AM 09-09-2011
That was an awesome game. There is no way that was pass interference on Hawk. He made a play on the ball.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:54 AM 09-09-2011
Great game...a high scoring game against the two top defensive NFC teams of last year.
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:34 AM 09-09-2011
A few observations:

Cobb looks like a keeper. :-)

James Jones may not be a Packer by the time the trade deadline rolls around.
Kind of a high priced 4th or 5th receiver. Just sayin, with the glut of good players at the position, Ted may be hard pressed to justify Jones's contract.

Rodgers is, like always, spot on the money with his throws.

Starks needs to work on his blitz pickups if he wishes to continue splitting time with Grant.

The ref on the final pass play was wrong, but the angle that he had, it was impossible to see that contact was not made until after the ball was batted down.

We're winners. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:41 AM 09-09-2011
A step up from pre-season games that's for sure
[Reply]
irratebass 09:48 AM 09-09-2011
I made my 1st game, I wasn't cutt from the fantasy league :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 08:51 PM 09-10-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm not sure if neither defense showed up, or if both offenses were that good.
I'd be willing to wager a fair sum of money that we were looking at the top two offensive teams in the NFL. I wouldn't say it's fair to judge either defense based on their performances Thursday night.
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:30 PM 09-10-2011
What will be nice come tomorrow afternoon is I'll get to watch every other game without stress. I'll admit that I'm a very nervous Packer fan. I can see the claw marks on my chair from Thursday night. No amount of beer can ease the effect of a down to the wire game that isn't decided until the final gun sounds. Well, until the game is over, that is.

I wish I had a little Nostradamus in me. If I only knew the outcome ahead of time, I could enjoy it more.

By the way. Charles Woodson clearly was reaching up to adjust his shoulder pads when the Saints defender got in the way of his fist. I'll stick with that.:-)

Larry
[Reply]
Starscream 10:32 PM 09-10-2011
Anybody but the 'Aints, so I'm happy.:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:54 PM 09-11-2011
Big weekend for Vegas. I am worried about the Pats game tomorrow.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:27 PM 09-11-2011
This Jets / Cowboys game is good. Why can't the Chiefs ever have some exciting games like this?
[Reply]
Up