Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Going to Mesa AZ Tinder Box
Azaelius 12:47 PM 05-05-2010
To pick up a new humidor (definitely glass-top, at least 100 ct) and probably a good few cigars.

Has anyone been to this Tinder Box and seen their humi collection in person? I'd like to know if I'd be better off buying on-line due to limited variety or very high prices, though I doubt it. Seeing in person is always the way to go, and I've heard Tinder Box stores have nice prices.

Thanks guys! :-)
[Reply]
jjon90 12:57 PM 05-05-2010
I have been there and the selection and prices are decent. They will even condition it for you.
Too bad you may have missed out on buying $50 gift cards for $25 (No limit) which could have been used for anything at the store.
Call to see if they have any left.
[Reply]
Azaelius 12:58 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by jjon90:
I have been there and the selection and prices are decent. They will even condition it for you.
Too bad you may have missed out on buying $50 gift cards for $25 (No limit) which could have been used for anything at the store.
Call to see if they have any left.
CURSES! I didn't know that ended! I shall do that. Thanks for the tip!
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 01:06 PM 05-05-2010
I'm in Tucson. If you get down this way, I have a cigar or 2 with your name on them.:-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 01:14 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Humidor Minister:
I'm in Tucson. If you get down this way, I have a cigar or 2 with your name on them.:-)
Really? I'd like that! I'm sure we could make our way down there! Is it possible you can PM me an address or would you lie to meet somewhere or something? :-)
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 03:11 PM 05-05-2010
My business, Audio 2000, is at 4742 E. Speedway Blvd. Take I-10 to Tucson, go east on Speedway about 6 miles. We also have a Tinder box about a mile away with a great inventory of humi's. I build them too but I'm back logged for the rest of the year. We can smoke here at the shop or go to TB. We can smoke there until 7:00PM

I see you are from San Diego. I use to live there. I graduated from La Jolla HS.
[Reply]
Azaelius 03:42 PM 05-05-2010
My business, Audio 2000, is at 4742 E. Speedway Blvd. Take I-10 to Tucson, go east on Speedway about 6 miles. We also have a Tinder box about a mile away with a great inventory of humi's. I build them too but I'm back logged for the rest of the year. We can smoke here at the shop or go to TB. We can smoke there until 7:00PM

I see you are from San Diego. I use to live there. I graduated from La Jolla HS.
Nice! Well, I guess my gf and I'll stop by the tuscon tinderbox instead! Then perhaps drop by for a bit at your business. We're up in AZ for only a few days, and where I go, my gf almost always goes as well. So that could dampen things a bit, just because of her sensitivity to smoke and smells.

And don't get weirded out when and if you see me lol. I'm probably one of the youngest users on here. :-)

And I graduated from west hills in 2007. Lol.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:42 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Azaelius:
To pick up a new humidor (definitely glass-top, at least 100 ct) and probably a good few cigars.

Has anyone been to this Tinder Box and seen their humi collection in person? I'd like to know if I'd be better off buying on-line due to limited variety or very high prices, though I doubt it. Seeing in person is always the way to go, and I've heard Tinder Box stores have nice prices.

Thanks guys! :-)
You visiting Phoenix? 14holestogie is in town and I had planned on meeting up with him on Friday if you care to join us.

BTW get a cooler, I know you want something 'pretty' but you will kick yourself later. The cooler will hold the seal better too. Or get an Edgestar so you can keep them cool and humid.
[Reply]
acarr 04:09 PM 05-05-2010
Nice! Well, I guess my gf and I'll stop by the tuscon tinderbox instead! Then perhaps drop by for a bit at your business. We're up in AZ for only a few days, and where I go, my gf almost always goes as well. So that could dampen things a bit, just because of her sensitivity to smoke and smells.

And don't get weirded out when and if you see me lol. I'm probably one of the youngest users on here. :-)

And I graduated from west hills in 2007. Lol.
You gf is going to go crazy in Bills testosterone cave. Are you sure she can handle it?
[Reply]
Azaelius 04:12 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
You visiting Phoenix? 14holestogie is in town and I had planned on meeting up with him on Friday if you care to join us.

BTW get a cooler, I know you want something 'pretty' but you will kick yourself later. The cooler will hold the seal better too. Or get an Edgestar so you can keep them cool and humid.
Huh. Well, id like to, but I made promise to the lady that I won't be smoking on this trip at all, so herfs are a no-go for me as of right now. Sadness. Thanks for the offer though!

Oh! I found a suitable cooler this morning that I'm going to clean out and use. But I'm still buying a humidor on our trip. :-)

And i'd get an edgestar if I had the moolah to spare, but as of yet I do not.
[Reply]
Azaelius 04:29 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
You gf is going to go crazy in Bills testosterone cave. Are you sure she can handle it?
why is it a testosterone cave? Nothing but guys and guy stuff?

And She grew up with nothing but guys. I'm not worried about her in the slightest.

Oh and good news! The lady has nixed the no smoking because we probably won't be in AZ again for a long time if ever.

Hey kgoings, if you see this, where and when are you, 14holestogie and whoever else is coming going to meet? I can come now! :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 04:43 PM 05-05-2010
Hey Humidor Minister, gf and I'll prolly be going to wherever kgoings going to be in phoenix, and unfortunately, we don't have ton of gas to be running about, so we might be able to drop by on our way out, but that's probably it, and it may not be for long. I wouldn't count on it though.

Maybe we'll see you at wherever kgoings's going to be on Friday? I'm not inviting you for him, lol. Just throwing ideas around. Someone speak up if I'm outta line. :-)
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 12:02 PM 05-06-2010
If you do drop by, you can check out that big curved humi cabinet I'm building. I also have a few other pieces here as well. I hope you make it. :-)
[Reply]
acarr 12:08 PM 05-06-2010
That thing still isn't done Bill? I will be down there for the next 3 weeks and will drop in for a smoke!
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 02:33 PM 05-06-2010
I stopped to build him some matching end tables. There's also about 100+ hours in the finish.It's like finishing a Chip Foose Hot Rod. The finish has been the most pain staking part of the job. I wish I could do 8+ hours a day on these but I also run the Car Audio biz too.
[Reply]
Humidor Minister 02:38 PM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
That thing still isn't done Bill? I will be down there for the next 3 weeks and will drop in for a smoke!
I look forward to it.:-)
[Reply]
Superbad 09:23 PM 05-06-2010
Not to thread jack, but I am occasionally in Tucson for work. Great town. I will try and stop by your shop next time I am there. That Humidor cabinet is amazing!
[Reply]
jjon90 10:41 PM 05-06-2010
OMG! That's a beautiful piece! You doing any with cooling for AZ customers?

If you do drop by, you can check out that big curved humi cabinet I'm building. I also have a few other pieces here as well. I hope you make it. :-)

[Reply]
Azaelius 11:38 PM 05-06-2010
:-)Hey Bill! Turns out gf (hannah is her name btw lol) and I may in fact make i to your store after all! When you think would be the best time for us to show up? We'll be ambling about AZ around 2 pm or so. The hannah will go get a manicure and I'll check out the shop! Then we can hit the TB or something. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:58 AM 05-07-2010

Maybe we'll see you at wherever kgoings's going to be on Friday? I'm not inviting you for him, lol. Just throwing ideas around. Someone speak up if I'm outta line. :-)
kgoings pm-ed me yesterday and had an emergency server repair he was flying out to in Austin. Looks like a Friday get together is not going to happen.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up