Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Best Car Cigar Ashtray?
elderboy02 06:36 AM 04-14-2010
I am toying around with the idea of smoking in my car since I drive 40 minutes to work each way. I would probably only smoke in the warmer weather since I can open the sunroof. What is the best ashtray for the car? I saw something called the Bobken, but I am not sure if it is the best.

Thanks.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:50 AM 04-14-2010
Take a look at this one http://ultimatecigarashtray.com/

A local BOTL makes these, and I would recommend them. My only knock on it is to rest a cigar in there it is pointed down. Thus leading to a flaky ash. However, if you ash your cigar before you rest it in the ashtray then this is not an issue. Check it out, Dan :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:55 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Take a look at this one http://ultimatecigarashtray.com/

A local BOTL makes these, and I would recommend them. My only knock on it is to rest a cigar in there it is pointed down. Thus leading to a flaky ash. However, if you ash your cigar before you rest it in the ashtray then this is not an issue. Check it out, Dan :-)
How big of a RG does the ring hold? Will that fit into a cupholder?
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:42 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
How big of a RG does the ring hold? Will that fit into a cupholder?
I have one and use it in car and around the pool....had a big farkin' Perdomo Habano 60 ring in there on Saturday with no problem....:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:43 AM 04-14-2010
....and size of a soda can so fits in all cupholders
[Reply]
Scottw 08:48 AM 04-14-2010
I have the Bobken that hooks on the window or glove box. it has a cigar rest as well and all the smoke and odor from the ashtray gets drawn out the window. I love it. Here is a link:

http://bobken.com/cigarbobken.aspx
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:51 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I have the Bobken that hooks on the window or glove box. it has a cigar rest as well and all the smoke and odor from the ashtray gets drawn out the window. I love it. Here is a link:

http://bobken.com/cigarbobken.aspx
Have you had any problems with the cigar flying off the rest when you hit a bump?
[Reply]
Scottw 08:53 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Have you had any problems with the cigar flying off the rest when you hit a bump?
Not yet but I don't keep it in the rest too often. I got out of the car the other day and shut it and the cigar came out but that was the first time that happened.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:27 AM 04-14-2010
I use a bobken as well, but I cut off the window thingy with a hack saw so it would fit in my car's cup holder. Occasionally the cigar will slide down into the ashtray if it gets too short, but I tend to hold my cigar while driving anyway. Best $7 I ever spent.
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 09:28 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
I have one and use it in car and around the pool....had a big farkin' Perdomo Habano 60 ring in there on Saturday with no problem....:-)
+1. I emailed the designer and just got this reply back a few minutes ago:

"The inside diameter of the retaining ring is 1.25” or 30mm; so it will accommodate just about anything… based on 64RG = 1”. I will add this information to the website for the other guys that may have the same question… "

Sounds great to me. I'm tired of being creative with my leftover stick if I'm just running into a store for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the link!
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:33 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro:
+1. I emailed the designer and just got this reply back a few minutes ago:

"The inside diameter of the retaining ring is 1.25” or 30mm; so it will accommodate just about anything… based on 64RG = 1”. I will add this information to the website for the other guys that may have the same question… "

Sounds great to me. I'm tired of being creative with my leftover stick if I'm just running into a store for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the link!
....and one of the best features is the screw on lid....keeps the ash, and "stink" in place :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 09:39 AM 04-14-2010
Yo Dan, I have a Bobken if you want it. PM me your addy and I'll get it right out to you :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:32 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Yo Dan, I have a Bobken if you want it. PM me your addy and I'll get it right out to you :-)
Wow! Thanks man! PM incoming :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:38 AM 04-14-2010
I have a Bobken and it works great. I keep mine in a cupholder. Never had a cigar fly off.

MCS
[Reply]
Eleven 11:13 AM 04-14-2010
I have had cigars slide into and fly out of my bobken when hitting bumps and even turning corners. It is also a little wobbly hanging off my door. In my cup holder its much more stable, but with my car, its harder to reach the cigar.

Over all for as cheap as it is, its great. Its just not a sit-and-forget solution to smoking while driving. I love it and use it always, but I am always looking for a better car cigar ashtray.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:15 PM 04-14-2010
The best ashtray for your car is the window! Just crack your driver side window and put the air on floor. This will suck most if not all the smoke out and just send the ash out the window when you need to. When driving I don't set my cigar down I hold on to it. I do have a Bobken that I will put in my cup holder, but its just there in case I have to set it down, IE getting pulled over by police etc..
[Reply]
The Poet 01:59 PM 04-14-2010
Hey, just pull off one of your hubcaps and use that!
[Reply]
e-man67 02:31 PM 04-14-2010
Use your sunroof...works when you want instant snow in the car doesn't it? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:40 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Use your sunroof...works when you want instant snow in the car doesn't it? :-)
That was one of my dumbest moments ever :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:38 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
The best ashtray for your car is the window! Just crack your driver side window and put the air on floor. This will suck most if not all the smoke out and just send the ash out the window when you need to. When driving I don't set my cigar down I hold on to it. I do have a Bobken that I will put in my cup holder, but its just there in case I have to set it down, IE getting pulled over by police etc..
Vent Visors are nice to have when doing this :-)
All our trucks have them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up