Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Mu New Premium Wood Carved Military Humidor!
sharpsbigfifty 09:30 PM 04-09-2009
Did you buy that as a retirement gift to yourself?
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:03 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Nice work, but I agree with the other guys. We here at the Asylum don't take too kindly to being hoodwinked. Beautiful box though. Very pricey too. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
stearns 03:37 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
...:-)

stearns
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:34 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by sharpsbigfifty:
The bottom line is some members assumed that he was trying to sell something on the board. You know what happens when you assume something. Maybe next time ask instead of assuming. tfallis welcome to the board. for the record most of the members were congratulating you on your beautiful humidor.
I did ask, and when confronted he came back with a conflicting story to his original one. Just find it odd, first post claiming the superiority of a humidor he hadn't even seen yet. Kind of like a first post claiming that some people are wrong for assuming he is selling something. This is a nice community we have here and most people have a pretty good BS meter and something like this throws it up real fast, and it seems a lot of the time long standing members figure it out sooner or later. :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 10:09 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Haha when you are with stupid you are with stupid...and I am usually with stupid!
[Reply]
Gone Dave 10:18 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
You caught on to that huh James.......:-):-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:24 AM 04-10-2009
Beautiful looking humi.
[Reply]
taltos 12:37 PM 04-10-2009
The bottom line is some members assumed that he was trying to sell something on the board. You know what happens when you assume something. Maybe next time ask instead of assuming. tfallis welcome to the board. for the record most of the members were congratulating you on your beautiful humidor.
The bottom line is that much of this forum has been together for well over 3 years across 2 boards and we are very protective of our home here and of each other. If something seems to be suspect, we will react and if we are wrong, we will admit it when proven wrong. This approach has worked in the past as you may understand when you see more of this board's culture. Keep in mind that on this board the community is as important as the cigars.
[Reply]
sharpsbigfifty 08:45 PM 04-10-2009
watch out tfallis is at it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Engraved-Mi...1%7C240%3A1318

If you click on the ebay link at take the time to read it you will see how tfallis obtain the link to the web site to post the pics. chippewastud79 I think you owe the man an apology.

Maybe you can pint out the conflicting story, I and others don't see it. The man was simply bragging about the fine looking humidor he had just purchased. Also he has every right to be proud of it.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:52 PM 04-10-2009
You can see my previous posts where I point out the akwardness of his posts, I do not need to type them again. 3 posts only about the same humidor that hadn't even arrived yet. And for the record please don't claim that others don't see it, because in the thread and messages other long standing members have seemed to have seen some thought provoking content as well. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 07:23 AM 04-11-2009
watch out tfallis is at it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Engraved-Mi...1%7C240%3A1318

If you click on the ebay link at take the time to read it you will see how tfallis obtain the link to the web site to post the pics. chippewastud79 I think you owe the man an apology.

Maybe you can pint out the conflicting story, I and others don't see it. The man was simply bragging about the fine looking humidor he had just purchased. Also he has every right to be proud of it.

I dont follow how Maliszewski putting up another humidor up for auction dis-proves Adams claim??? Why? Because there is a link to the designers website???

Im not saying that tfallis is trying to trying to shamelessly plug anything, and Im not saying that he isnt.

And I must agree with Adam, that you shouldn't say that "others dont see it". Please dont speak for others on this board, especially when there have been more that agree with Adam than dont.

Anyway, its a beautiful humidor. Kudos to the craftsman.
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 08:45 AM 04-11-2009
Although he was very excited and post whored all over the net, this guy seems legit. Anyone with accesss to AKO can look up Thomas Fallis, I can't, but the guy in the last post did.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums....php?p=4048709
I think if tfallis had just waited and taken his own pictures instead of using the manufactures pics everything would have been all right.

So the moral of this story is, if you buy something new that is "crazy expensive" take your own pictures so people don't think you are trying to sell said "crazy expensive" item in your first post.:-):-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:15 PM 04-11-2009
Regardless of the OP's intent, as a craftsman I must admit it is a fine piece of furniture. As for the OP I too find it odd he signed up at multiple sites all at once to brag about his new purchase.

The main question I have is whats the whole "Military humidor" thing? :-)

No disrespect intended and if I need educated feel free to do so but is it just the engraving that makes it a Military humidor? Or is is intended for just Military members?

Advice to the OP if affiliated with the builder just introduce yourself or have the builder do it, offer up your products and treat folks fair. Build it and they will come! Many vendors have had great success here and elsewhere that way.

Chas
[Reply]
DPD6030 07:29 PM 04-11-2009
Nice humi. Way overpriced IMO.

Kind of reminds me of a thread of palio's are crap and I don't even own one or do I or do you. Heck I don't even know my own name! :-) Adam I think you think we have another Wingate on our hands! What say you? :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:54 PM 04-11-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Regardless of the OP's intent, as a craftsman I must admit it is a fine piece of furniture. As for the OP I too find it odd he signed up at multiple sites all at once to brag about his new purchase.

The main question I have is whats the whole "Military humidor" thing? :-)

No disrespect intended and if I need educated feel free to do so but is it just the engraving that makes it a Military humidor? Or is is intended for just Military members?

Advice to the OP if affiliated with the builder just introduce yourself or have the builder do it, offer up your products and treat folks fair. Build it and they will come! Many vendors have had great success here and elsewhere that way.

Chas
Quit disrespecting our military members :-) I was wondering the same thing!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 08:18 PM 04-11-2009
My guess is the emblem on the top. I was wondering too.
[Reply]
tooomanycolors 11:09 PM 04-17-2009
very nice, but I dont think my dad needs one
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:14 PM 04-17-2009
Thanks for the extra pictures tfallis, glad you are participating in the forum. It sure does look great, I am on my way to buy one now :-)

Bill, did you pick one up? :-)
[Reply]
G G 11:28 PM 04-17-2009
:-):-)
[Reply]
sharpsbigfifty 12:11 AM 04-19-2009
No, I didn't pick one up. They do look nice. I would like to see one done up with one of the outdoor scenes. Maybe the walleye or the deer, I think that would look sharp.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up