Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Mu New Premium Wood Carved Military Humidor!
tfallis 01:37 PM 04-05-2009
Okay, I have seen military humidors before and they ain't much. Usually just some Chinese import with a cheap label on it. This one, which I recently bought as a retirement gift was awesome on the website, but even nicer when it arrived.

The guy who build these is an Iraqi vet named Kyle Maliszewski. Anyway, If you want to find him, just Google his name and if I remember, he has all 10 of the first search results.

The smoking lamp is lit!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 01:40 PM 04-05-2009
What a stunning humidor! very very nice
[Reply]
Boss Hogg 01:42 PM 04-05-2009
That is just absolutely beautiful :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:06 PM 04-05-2009
Truly a piece of art! Great retirement gift, brother. :-)
[Reply]
huero71 02:09 PM 04-05-2009
Beautiful box. Wow! :-)
[Reply]
Whee 02:21 PM 04-05-2009
check out the price, boys...
[Reply]
icehog3 02:28 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Definitiely a keepsake piece, not for the casual desktop guy. That being said, the craftmanship is beautiful.
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:29 PM 04-05-2009
Yeah, ouch.

Beautiful, yes. Mid priced? Not nearly in my mind.
[Reply]
lightning9191 02:35 PM 04-05-2009
Nice looking humi!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:36 PM 04-05-2009
"The types of wood we will use (normally several) have to be the best in their class; especially Spanish cedar, which, if not correctly dried, will possibly warp as well as leak sap later on. Since most humidors I create have an allowable trickle of air, that factor must be incorporated into the design as well. The objective here is to allow the humidor to breath just a little, so that the humidor need not be opened for long periods if necessary. "

I wonder what that means? Just most? Not all? Looks like a lovely box for a couple hundred cigars, but at that price point, or for just a couple hundred more, I would be talking to someone else (B.S.). I guess if that is exactly what you want, and you can justify the price tag, it is a stunning looking piece of furniture. I would like to know more about the "allowable trickle of air"
[Reply]
marge796 02:45 PM 04-05-2009
A beautiful piece of art that one can also use as a humidor.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:06 PM 04-05-2009
"It is important that the humidor gets air from outside the humidor occasionally. Many will tell you that you should open the humidor every week or so during periods where you are not regularly opening it to smoke the cigars. But what happens when you go on vacation or are out of town for a while? My thought on this is to create a humidor, like we do, that allows a small amount of air in based on the seal and the hole in the bottom for the humidifier's AC cord to exit. We could seal that but choose not to for this reason. Many humidors seal tightly and that is okay if you are opening them all the time. I personally feel that a little (very small amount) of air should be allowed in. Every humidor I make is tested for humidity correctness for several days after seasoning it to make sure it maintains the correct percentage at all times. "

okay, I dug in his site and got that.

It's a (beautiful) humidor...... With a hole in it...

I don't have the woodworking skills to craft anything as nice as that, and can certainly admire its lines and the laser carving though!
[Reply]
tobii3 04:09 PM 04-05-2009
No argument, very nice.

But HOLY $%#@ did you see the price???
[Reply]
shortstory5 07:01 PM 04-05-2009
Wow. Gorgeous humidor! Congrats on the retirement!
[Reply]
TOB9595 07:31 PM 04-05-2009
It is a stunning piece of work...

Congratulations on getting this.
Tom
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:01 PM 04-05-2009
I am incredibly confused. Are you Kyle himself? Because you are using the exact same pictures posted on your website, even in the same order. Clearly who ever you are, you are not the purchaser of said humidor. I suppose you could be the guy who set up the website, considering you share the same name, but you clearly came haucking a product and a website. Perhaps you should contact the Team of Eleven and just get your name set up for a retailer instead of acting like a "satisfied customer", it just comes off as spam. :-)
[Reply]
blugill 08:35 PM 04-05-2009
I'd buy it in a second if I had the extra cash.
Beautiful work.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:44 PM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I am incredibly confused. Are you Kyle himself? Because you are using the exact same pictures posted on your website, even in the same order. Clearly who ever you are, you are not the purchaser of said humidor. I suppose you could be the guy who set up the website, considering you share the same name, but you clearly came haucking a product and a website. Perhaps you should contact the Team of Eleven and just get your name set up for a retailer instead of acting like a "satisfied customer", it just comes off as spam. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:14 PM 04-05-2009
THis has been posted on two other sites, but under the crafters name. Think it is a bit spammy to me.
[Reply]
big a 09:45 PM 04-05-2009
THis has been posted on two other sites, but under the crafters name. Think it is a bit spammy to me.
The humidor looks great but :-) When i was checking them out and noticed the price it threw off red flags...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up