Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Vino Update with Cedar Tray/Drawer Review
s15driftking 12:55 PM 03-28-2009
Well guys,

I felt compelled to show you all what i've been working on putting together over the last several months. As you know, i purchased a edgestar about 3 months ago and have been adding cigars etc ever since.

For those who know me, i was having a tough time bringing up the RH in my other humidor. I was then gifted a Cigar Oasis and it brought the humidity to right where i wanted it. The only problem was that my humidor became too full...

Fast forward to yesterday. I was so excited to recieve my Cedar trays from Chasden and i got to open them late last night. I opened up the box and was amazed.

I feel like doing a little review to go with my update.

First off, to the man of the hour...

Chuck,

Thank you so much for catering to my every need with your craftsmanship. I am truly amazed at your ability to create pieces of work that are nicer than anything that i can buy in a store. I was extremely worried that since i bought an edgestar that no one would take on the task of building custom fit drawers for it..... I approached Chuck and i gave him the measurements that would be neccesarry to build the drawers after he graciously accepted to take on my task.....then you PM'd me and told me that you went out and bought an edgestar so that you could make sure they fit well (and i'm sure you hoped to make a few more sets for edgestar owners... but i was just blown away at your commitment to excellence).. Anyhow, you made me exactly what i wanted to the last little detail.

I am very thankful for your willingness to help me out by taking on this task and I cannot say enough about your woodworking abilities.

So, on to the pics and review:

The drawers arrived in a perfect box and were packaged with more TLC than i have ever seen. It truly is amazing of how little of details Chuck put into his efforts to make sure these trays arrived safe and sound. i wish i had pics of the packaging but I shredded it all in excitement. IT was like Christmas morning.

The drawers were/are flawless. the jointing and edges are perfect and sturdy. The wood is nice and thick and the aroma is deep and indulging (yes, the drawers, haha). The slots were perfect and he even rounded them off to help keep the nude cigar's wrappers less likely to fray and split.

The fit in their slots perfectly. They look extremely "professional" and uniform.

I am truly amazed with your work, I couldn't be happier. My Vino (edgestar) is exactly wha ti want now and i never thought it would look this good!!

a closeup of the drawer fronts

the cedar shelf,the bevel is flawless

the drawer edge

corner and joint

The gurkha drawer (well... about 2/3 of my gurkha collection)

i smoke alot of large RG cigars and each drawer holds about 75 cigars (note, mine are mostly toro, torpedo, or churchills)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:56 PM 03-28-2009
The long distance view (the fit is perfect)

The humidification (the beads are there as a failsafe incase the RH rises too high)

a closeup of this beautiful craftsmanship

Thanks for looking!!
[Reply]
md4958 01:09 PM 03-28-2009
Chuck does beautiful work!
[Reply]
ECPrevatte 02:04 PM 03-28-2009
Ah! I can't wait to get mine.
[Reply]
big a 02:28 PM 03-28-2009
That really does look amazing. That is the same set up i have -one drawer. But where did all your cigars go? Last time i was over that thing was full. Or is that how much more efficent with space the drawers are?
[Reply]
marge796 02:43 PM 03-28-2009
Congrats very nice work.

:-)

[Reply]
bonjing 02:50 PM 03-28-2009
beautiful work. makes me want to go out and by fridge myself. how much are those edgestars anyways?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:51 PM 03-28-2009
Amazing set up! I am looking to do something like that soon!
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:56 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
beautiful work. makes me want to go out and by fridge myself. how much are those edgestars anyways?

i got mine for super cheap on ebay, a scratch and dent.

check ebay frequently!!

and Big A,

i am jamming them all in there instead of spacing them...

and just a warning to all you bastages:

Im recieving 30 more Gurkha Master Selects on Monday (taking me up to about 70 total)... watch your mailboxes boys... they might explode...
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 03:00 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i got mine for super cheap on ebay, a scratch and dent.

check ebay frequently!!

and Big A,

i am jamming them all in there instead of spacing them...

and just a warning to all you bastages:

Im recieving 30 more Gurkha Master Selects on Monday (taking me up to about 70 total)... watch your mailboxes boys... they might explode...
How many bottles is yours?
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:01 PM 03-28-2009
28 bottle, very similar to a vino, I saw your PM... im going to find you a cheap one!!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:01 PM 03-28-2009
Looks good:-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 05:39 PM 03-28-2009
Thanks for the kind words and review.

I got a little nervous when you didn't PM me they were OK after they arrived.
I thought oh crap they were damaged or you didn’t like them.

I read in a book once that a true craftsman is never happy with his work so I guess I am just a tad anal. There is 1 big thing wrong with them to me that I will correct the next time I make them. It's just me being anal so don't panic :-)

Looks like you have some room in there for plenty of more cigars :-)

Enjoy,
Chas
[Reply]
dunng 05:42 PM 03-28-2009
Very nice! :-)

Except for the Gurkhas... :-) :-)
[Reply]
AllOGistics 05:44 PM 03-28-2009
That's a very nice set-up! I am hoping to get a vinotemp or edgestar soon and get some shelves from Chuck.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:20 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
very nice! :-)

except for the gurkhas... :-) :-)

hater!!! :d:d:d:d
[Reply]
shortstory5 01:08 AM 03-29-2009
Very nice looking setup.

Beautiful drawers Chuck!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:22 AM 03-29-2009
Very nice. I know you are happy with them.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:50 AM 03-29-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Very nice. I know you are happy with them.

yes, this is a very true statement. I've know how i wanted it and what i've wanted for a long time now and it came together flawlessly.

I am truly blessed to have a community of people who are open to sharing and helping a brother like myself reach my goals that i never though were attainable.
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 09:42 AM 03-29-2009
awesome looking drawers

One question Bobby, those plastic things that you store your beads in, they look similar in construction to those plastic soap holders, are they anything like that or something different?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up