Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Vinotemp 18 bottle and Vinotemp 34 bottle
Goldie 09:19 PM 05-03-2010
So I bought an end table to convert into a humidor, and bit off more than I can chew. I liked the idea of all the space, but don't like that it wouldn't have been temperature controlled. So instead I am going to use it as a pseudo-bar for my man cave.

So I was interested in either one of these two models. I would just like to see if anyone has any experience with either of these models. I would prefer to buy from Best Buy since I have several gift cards that have just been hanging out.

Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vinotemp...=1218105500355

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vinotemp...=1218105499901

Thanks everyone.

-Drew
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:34 PM 05-03-2010
I'm pretty sure that the 34 bottle model is not thermoelectric. Most would shy away from that.
[Reply]
tomc3084 10:01 PM 05-03-2010
You can find good storage items on craigslist
[Reply]
Goldie 10:17 PM 05-03-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I'm pretty sure that the 34 bottle model is not thermoelectric. Most would shy away from that.
Thanks for pointing that out Mario. I wondered why it was so inexpensive, and didn't realize that not all Vinotemps are thermoelectric.

Well I think that made my mind up right there.

And thanks for the recommendation Tom, but I haven't been able to find anything on CL. I've been looking for the last few weeks. I still have some time before I buy though, so I will keep looking.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:50 PM 05-03-2010
No problemo. Have you considered one of the Edgestar 28 bottle models?
[Reply]
jaydub13 12:47 AM 05-04-2010
I have a vinotemp 28 bottle, and I love it. It holds great RH, and the temp is rock solid, even though it is woefully underfilled. Just make sure you throw some kind of cedar in there to help maintain the RH, and you will be cruisin. Best of luck, and let me know how it turns out!
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 02:02 AM 05-04-2010
drew, take a look at air-n-water.com for their wine coolers... you should be able to get a 28 count shipped for the same price as the 18 count vino.
[Reply]
jdakine 02:58 AM 05-04-2010
I have the 28 bottle, love it and Chuck makes great drawers should you choose that rought.
Good luck:-)
[Reply]
SSDVC 05:37 AM 05-04-2010
I picked up an Edgestar 28 from Compact Appliance two months ago for $139.00 and that was shipped! I ordered some drawers from Chuck, got some Shilia (sp) Beads, and a hydrometer. Now I am just waiting for the drawers to come in and my humi is done and ready to be filled.

Now I have to figure a way to fill it without my wife noticing the huge dent this make !
[Reply]
captain53 05:26 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
Thanks for pointing that out Mario. I wondered why it was so inexpensive, and didn't realize that not all Vinotemps are thermoelectric.

Well I think that made my mind up right there.

And thanks for the recommendation Tom, but I haven't been able to find anything on CL. I've been looking for the last few weeks. I still have some time before I buy though, so I will keep looking.
28 bottle is the biggest thing made by anybody with Thermo Cooling, it can't cool any more space than that. Watch for sales on Compact Appliance is the best bet, they offer great pricing and free shipping on a regular basis.
[Reply]
Goldie 10:16 PM 05-04-2010
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it. I will look into those other sources.
[Reply]
cort 08:44 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by jaydub13:
I have a vinotemp 28 bottle, and I love it. It holds great RH, and the temp is rock solid, even though it is woefully underfilled. Just make sure you throw some kind of cedar in there to help maintain the RH, and you will be cruisin. Best of luck, and let me know how it turns out!
:-) except the under filled part:-)
[Reply]
Up