Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Best place to buy Cabinet Humidor in NC
Namerifrats 03:07 PM 11-23-2009
In the process of buying a bigger house. Hope to be moving in within the next week. Has a large basement with a large finished room, and a 2 car garage. Thinking on building myself a cigar smoking room, maybe 10 x 10 in the basement as well. Right now I'm keeping all of my cigars in two 48qt coolers and a 50ct humidor. Would like to maybe purchase a nice cabinet humidor within the next 8 months to a year for the "cave" when it gets built. See alot of them online, but the shipping is always like $200+. Just wondering if anybody knew of a place in North Carolina where I might be able to find one for a decent price. Checked JR's site, but didn't see anything about large cabinet humidors. Only wanting some like a 750-1000 ct though. Doesn't have to be too big. Just looking for one with several shelves for singles, and a little room for some boxes.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:12 PM 11-23-2009
Honestly watch CBid and you will get it for below the cost of the cabinet. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 03:20 PM 11-23-2009
craigslist. Just keep watching, something is bound to come up. :-)
[Reply]
Namerifrats 03:24 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Honestly watch CBid and you will get it for below the cost of the cabinet. :-)
Just checked CBid again. Watching a couple on there. $185 shipping, not too bad. Guessing these things come fully assembled? Also, if MSRP is really $2000 on a particular model, $600 would be a good deal. Wondering how much of a loss if any CBid takes...
[Reply]
The Poet 03:30 PM 11-23-2009
Jesus Montecristo, you're in the heart of furniture country there - you can't find somebody to build you per'zackly what you want? Just my :-) , from an ex-Hickory nut.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 03:32 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Jesus Montecristo, you're in the heart of furniture country there - you can't find somebody to build you per'zackly what you want? Just my :-) , from an ex-Hickory nut.
Well.....it used to be Furniture country anyway. High Point still has the market, but most of the furniture plants around here have been shut down for several years now. Just like the textiles....moved away for cheaper labor.

As for one being built, how hard is Spanish Cedar to come by? I'm guessing it would have to be ordered through a specialty wood dealer.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:39 PM 11-23-2009
Go west, young man - thirty minutes on the Mighty I-40 puts you in Hickory. They still know what to do with wood there, brother.
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 03:46 PM 11-23-2009
get yourself an Aristocrat:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:35 PM 11-23-2009
Originally Posted by Namerifrats:
Just checked CBid again. Watching a couple on there. $185 shipping, not too bad. Guessing these things come fully assembled? Also, if MSRP is really $2000 on a particular model, $600 would be a good deal. Wondering how much of a loss if any CBid takes...
Got mine on CBid for less than $450 to my door with shipping. BengalMan got his for less than $500 to his door. Yes, they are fully assembled. Just be patient and wait for the right one at the right price. :-)
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:08 PM 11-23-2009
If your going to do it, do it right and save for an Aristocrat is my opinion

What you shared so far, sounds like you have all of the makings of a pretty cool set up downstaris, why not get the best in the business

This is coming from someone with two Vinos saving for an Aristocrat

I am in Raleigh if your ever in town

Bart
[Reply]
Namerifrats 10:14 PM 11-23-2009
Used to come down to Raleigh 3 nights a week on the train. Been running to Lynchburg VA for the past 6 months though. I'll look into these Aristocrats you're talking about.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:22 AM 11-24-2009
This Aristocrat has been for sale for quite a while...
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10982
[Reply]
neoflex 07:22 AM 11-24-2009
I have a buddy in Gastonia selling one. I have the same one as him and love it. I will post pics and check what he wants when I get home. I know he was also including an Oasis with it too and he is still storing cigars in it so you could basically load it up when you get home without any prep. Not sure how much of a ride that would be for you but it may be worth the ride as I think he was only looking to get a few hundred dollars
[Reply]
neoflex 04:22 PM 12-05-2009
This is the Cab I know is for sale. http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Pr...ductid=HUM-BH3
I believe he was looking to get $300 w/ a Cigar Oasis.
I have the same one and it has been great for me so far for over 2 years.
[Reply]
Mayor 06:28 PM 04-14-2010
If you are still looking for a nice cabinet, I have one for sale.

J.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:29 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by BroncoHorvath:
get yourself an Aristocrat:-)
:-)
Originally Posted by Bartolomeo:
If your going to do it, do it right and save for an Aristocrat is my opinion

What you shared so far, sounds like you have all of the makings of a pretty cool set up downstaris, why not get the best in the business

This is coming from someone with two Vinos saving for an Aristocrat

I am in Raleigh if your ever in town

Bart
:-)
[Reply]
Up