Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>CAO Vision Humi
sikk50 11:52 AM 09-15-2009
Just a question or two...

I picked on up for $12 and it holds humidity perfectly, good seal (except sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and the lights on so you gotta kinda slam it), and the digital read on the outside is accurate if you're doing a 1% for 1% trade off. Meaning when the digital gauge reads 37* the hygro i put inside reads 65* if the outside is 36* the inside is 64*.

And the questions...

Does anyone else use this humi for over flow? Thoughts on it?

Most importantly, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust that outter hygro?
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:54 AM 09-15-2009
Here is a thread I found on it

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11022
[Reply]
stearns 12:06 PM 09-15-2009
i wish i could get one cheap, i dont look too actively but i've only seen em at a much higher price. cant help ya on the technical stuff, but i hope you get it all figured out

stearns
[Reply]
sikk50 03:20 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
Here is a thread I found on it

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11022
yea I read that, my only real issue with it is the digital hygro on the outside. I just use if for over flow really.

Originally Posted by stearns:
i wish i could get one cheap, i dont look too actively but i've only seen em at a much higher price. cant help ya on the technical stuff, but i hope you get it all figured out

stearns
Yea I had been watching ebay for a while but they were all going off out of my price range. When I walked into my home town b&m before going back to school they were selling it after they had sold all the singles out of it. They didn't really know what it was worth I don't think. Deffinatly lucked out.
[Reply]
stearns 03:54 PM 09-15-2009
ya the guy at the store here wanted 75 for it, i dont want one that much by any means

stearns
[Reply]
bazookajoe 04:19 PM 09-15-2009
The outer hygros are not adjustable. CAO says a mistake was made in production and there is no fix, but they'll send you a hygro for the inside if you ask them.
[Reply]
sikk50 09:21 PM 09-15-2009
Dang
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 10:30 PM 09-15-2009
sikk, I'd see whats up with that free hydro. It could turn out to be a nice deal bro.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 10:33 PM 09-15-2009
The free hygro isnt much better because it isnt adjustable and mine came in and was off by quite a bit
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:39 PM 09-16-2009
I've got one and it will not get above 60% but since that is what I prefer, it works perfectly. They come with a zip case with handles so it makes a great traveldor. The hygro is dead-on on mine.
[Reply]
sikk50 05:58 PM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
sikk, I'd see whats up with that free hydro. It could turn out to be a nice deal bro.
I would but in reality I have plenty of hygros already so I don't feel the need to take a free one from them just bc it's there. Especialy since I didn't support their company by buyig a full box of cigars, just the empty one. If they were offering to swap out the display for a working one then maybe but I feel wrong taking advantage of that when I have no need.
[Reply]
Up