Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Labeling
nofeardiver 09:43 PM 09-13-2009
Another noob question here, i just start collecting/smoking cigars in February. I have gotten on the downward roller coaster of emptying my wallet every month:-).

I started with a 40 cigar humidor and laughed thinking i will never fill that up, hehe i was wrong i now have 97 of them, i am was having a hard time remembering when i bought them, so i had some of the blue painters scotch tape and cut small strips and labeled them with what month i bought them and stuck them on the either the celo or the band not on the cigar itself. Here is my question should i be concerned with an kind of smell or chemicals on the tape evaporating or leaking off into my cigars? if so i will go back through and take them of, but i made sure that the back side of the tape was not touching my cigars.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Dan:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:45 PM 09-13-2009
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...nk+Cigar+Bands

Work like a charm. Dave, the owner of Heartland, is a member here. He'll take good care of ya.:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 10:50 PM 09-13-2009
http://www.cigarmony.com/cigarbands.aspx

I use these from Mark (who is another stand-up member here) at cigarmony. I believe there was a GB going on here somewhere. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 11:59 PM 09-13-2009
If they're in cello, I just use a Sharpie and put a date on the tail of the cello that's folded over.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
coastietech 05:52 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
If they're in cello, I just use a Sharpie and put a date on the tail of the cello that's folded over.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:07 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
http://www.cigarmony.com/cigarbands.aspx

I use these from Mark (who is another stand-up member here) at cigarmony.

I tried both the blank bands from David @ Heartfeld and Mark @ Cigarmony, I prefer the ones from Mark. They got a better glue strip and more space to write on (and with my crappy handwriting, that is a big plus)
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:16 AM 09-14-2009
I print the tiny address labels it's super easy and I can fit more info on them than using a sharpie or the heartfeld/cigarmony bands
[Reply]
nofeardiver 07:22 AM 09-14-2009
Yeah but can i use the just scotch tape as long as its not touching the cigar? The tape i have is that painters blue scotch tape that barley sticks at all. I just dont want to have to buy anything, but if i do, i do.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:54 AM 09-14-2009
Yea you'll be fine, I think. I always keep my stix in celo because it protects them and keeps the RH more stable.
[Reply]
dunng 08:17 AM 09-14-2009
Blank band with a Brother P-Touch Labeler! :-)

(sorry for the cell phone pic...)
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:41 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Yea you'll be fine, I think. I always keep my stix in celo because it protects them and keeps the RH more stable.
Most about 80% are still in the celo, i just cut a small piece of the tape wrote the date on it and then stuck it on the backside of the celo.
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:16 AM 09-14-2009
There you go. Your collection WILL grow and you'll want to label them. I frequently pull out 5 year old sticks and it's nice to see how they age over time.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 10:27 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
There you go. Your collection WILL grow and you'll want to label them. I frequently pull out 5 year old sticks and it's nice to see how they age over time.
Thats awesome, yeah i dont even want to know how much money i will drop in the next 5 years. Thats why started labeling now, i am wanting to buy a couple of boxes so that will add about 50 more so i wanted to start now early and practice the good habit, i also have a notebook that i write each cigar i buy into.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 10:53 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:

I tried both the blank bands from David @ Heartfeld and Mark @ Cigarmony, I prefer the ones from Mark. They got a better glue strip and more space to write on (and with my crappy handwriting, that is a big plus)
I agree, they work but the glue isn't the greatest.
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 06:11 PM 09-15-2009
I use the HF labels and I also have a Dymo Letra label printer I stick on top of the first cigar band to make sure it sticks together

Thats the best combo that works for me but some other good suggestions above

Bart
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:18 PM 09-15-2009
I use 1 x 3 post-its and a smidge of scotch tape. Glue side facing away from the cigars.

3 x 4 post-its can also be cut into 1 inch strips. We had a bunch laying around, so my cost is minimal.

Comes in handy helping to remember who traded or gifted the sticks, too.
[Reply]
G G 06:37 PM 09-15-2009
I didn't label mine at all until very recently. I decided I would put all the newer smokes in one drawer in my vino, and i have used a sharpie to write the date and a name if someone gave it to me.:-)
[Reply]
Up