Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Blazer finally bit the dust
Brad 09:09 AM 09-13-2009
Been having lots of issues with my Blazer PB-207 the last couple months. Yesterday, it finally croaked. There is no spark from the ignitor anymore, and part of the ceramic around the burner cracked and fell off (I didn't drop it either :-) ). Lasted a little over a year. I guess I'm hard on lighters, I had a Xikar Exec that failed within 6 months (piece of crap!) and now the Blazer.

I made my way over to Walmart this morning, bought 3 Ronson Jetlites for $2.97 each.

No more wasting money on lighters for me.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:14 AM 09-13-2009
Wow, sorry to hear this. My Blazer has served me well over the last year and I plan on getting another one if it sputters out on me.
[Reply]
captain53 09:20 AM 09-13-2009
Blazer is pretty reputable and makes good products, I would sure see if they will repllace it or repair it under warranty. I always keep at least a half-dozen Ronsons on hand just in case all else fails they always light!:-)

If you try the warranty out let us know the results, I am all about doing business with folks that stand behind what they sell!
[Reply]
poriggity 02:07 PM 09-13-2009
It's all about the ronson jetlites. They are the only lighter I use anymore.
Scott
[Reply]
icehog3 09:16 PM 09-13-2009
My first Blazer PB-207 lasted 4 years, probably thousands of cigars between friends and I....I am on my second one now, and will remain loyal.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 10:58 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Blazer is pretty reputable and makes good products, I would sure see if they will repllace it or repair it under warranty. I always keep at least a half-dozen Ronsons on hand just in case all else fails they always light!:-)

If you try the warranty out let us know the results, I am all about doing business with folks that stand behind what they sell!
Blazers warranty is 1 yearhttp://http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/warranty.html
But for 25 bucks and change they will repair or replace. Not a bad deal. I just sent my PB-207 (original w/o the child lock) in after it crapped out after 4+ years.:-)
[Reply]
Brad 09:58 AM 09-14-2009
I discovered last night that the Jetlites suck for lighting large ring gauage cigars. Flame doesn't seem to be big enough, even on the highest setting.

So I got one of those bad boys today for the larger sticks.

My B&M had them for $15. More than Deal Extreme, but I don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship either. So far, working pretty good.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:04 AM 09-14-2009
Brad, which Wal-Mart had the Ronsons? The one in Western Hills?
[Reply]
Brad 10:08 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Brad, which Wal-Mart had the Ronsons? The one in Western Hills?
Nope, that one doesn't have crap. I got mine at the Super Wallys on Colerain Ave right off Cross County Hwy. They had 2 left when I was there on Saturday. They are in the check out lane with the tobacco, behind the register. You'll have to ask for them. They are on the left side, top shelf, by the framed certificate. They aren't on a peg, they are in a cardboard box.

$2.97 each.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:12 AM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by Brad:
Nope, that one doesn't have crap. I got mine at the Super Wallys on Colerain Ave right off Cross County Hwy. They had 2 left when I was there on Saturday. They are in the check out lane with the tobacco, behind the register. You'll have to ask for them. They are on the left side, top shelf, by the framed certificate. They aren't on a peg, they are in a cardboard box.

$2.97 each.
Thanks!
[Reply]
captain53 10:17 AM 09-14-2009
I discovered last night that the Jetlites suck for lighting large ring gauage cigars. Flame doesn't seem to be big enough, even on the highest setting.

My B&M had them for $15. More than Deal Extreme, but I don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship either. So far, working pretty good.
Yes sir, I am a Jetlite Nut but they are limited to about a 50 RG so I use a Solder-it torch that I love for the bigger stuff. But I do keep the Ronson there for "touching up the canoes" as the big gun will cut it in half if you slip.
[Reply]
eber 12:21 PM 09-14-2009

how long have you had that lighter? I have been thinking about getting one for my smoking room just want to make sure its reliable
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:14 PM 09-14-2009
Bought 5 Blazers back in 1996, still on my first one (the rest are sleeping in their original boxes since then), no issues whatsoever. I like Ronsons, but as someone mentioned above, they aren't that good at lighting larger ring gauges.
[Reply]
Brad 02:39 PM 09-14-2009
Originally Posted by eber:
how long have you had that lighter? I have been thinking about getting one for my smoking room just want to make sure its reliable
I just got it today. So far it's working fine.
[Reply]
Up