Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Punches - I want a better one
lightning9191 10:56 AM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Seems I just cant get what I want.

Perhaps I am too spoiled, hmmm my brother is a cnc lathe operator, maybe its time to get a custom one. Not that he would do it.

Is there such a thing as a conical honing stone that i can use to sharpen it, a simple grind wheel would make a mess of it I would think?

I think Dremel makes them.
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:05 AM 04-22-2009

Perhaps I am too spoiled, hmmm my brother is a cnc lathe operator, maybe its time to get a custom one. Not that he would do it.

Is there such a thing as a conical honing stone that i can use to sharpen it, a simple grind wheel would make a mess of it I would think?
It sounds like your only requirement is that it's sharp. Is this it or do you have other things rattling around in that head of yours that might help us help you?
[Reply]
md4958 11:08 AM 04-22-2009
Am I mistaken that Xikar will replace it if ever needs sharpening Shawn? I know they do so with the cutters. If sharpness is your only issue, why not just exchange it at the b&m?
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:31 AM 04-22-2009

Lifetime warranty, exchange it at a B&M that sells them or send it back for a new one Shawn. :-) Oh I have the 009 Xikar punch and it works great IMO.
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:52 AM 04-22-2009
I have the Xikar 007, and I wish mine was sharper as well. I love the convenience of carrying around on my keychain so I don't want to lose it. Mine came to me in this fashion, so I don't know if sending it back to Xikar is going to make that great of a deal. RGDs punch looks fantastic. I don't see myself spending $100 on a punch any time soon though.
[Reply]
SilverFox 11:55 AM 04-22-2009
I think my issue is it wasn't sharp enough out of the gate, I find I have to push way to hard even with twisting to get it to cut. I have actually peeled the wrapper off of an El Principe from pushing too hard.
[Reply]
fissure 12:20 PM 04-22-2009
This is the dremmel bit to look for. Tapered from 5-9 mm

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Attachme...l.aspx?pid=952
[Reply]
SixPackSunday 12:48 PM 04-22-2009
here are your options for high end punchs...

two from atoll:
$57

$105 and very nice for a table piece

my favorite:
the Davidoff 3 punch piece
$250

let it be known I dont own any of those, but they all have solid reviews where you can find any and are made by companies known for quality products.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up