Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Who has a Swiss Army knife with cigar scissors
Junior 04:09 PM 04-15-2009
I have looked at them, and am thinking of buying one. I have seen the ones with the punch and the ones with the scissors I am thinking of the one with scissors. Anyone have any thoughts?
[Reply]
HK3- 07:53 PM 04-15-2009
I have seen them and I think they are pretty cool.

If you decide to pull the trigger, please do a review of them. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 08:01 PM 04-15-2009
may be a topic drift here, but I carry and abuse the Xikar Multi-tool. Love the little guy!!!
[Reply]
Junior 09:11 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
may be a topic drift here, but I carry and abuse the Xikar Multi-tool. Love the little guy!!!
I used one of those the other day that's what kind of got me looking at the Swiss Army knife.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:16 PM 04-15-2009
I had one for a while before I gifted it to a buddy who was leaving town for another job.

Absolutely loved it, I have carried a pocket knife probably since before I could walk so it was a nice transition to my cigars. Might be time to look at them again.
[Reply]
Junior 09:49 PM 04-15-2009
Thanks Texican thats the info I am looking for.

Here are the two that I am looking at. One and Two I kind of like the look of the new ones.
[Reply]
potlimit 10:48 PM 04-15-2009
ScottishSmoker has a Zino Swiss army knife w/scissors... they work unbelievably well.
[Reply]
Junior 08:15 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by potlimit:
ScottishSmoker has a Zino Swiss army knife w/scissors... they work unbelievably well.
I can't find the knife with scissors, but it they are priced anywhere near the price of there regular scissors they are out of my budget.
[Reply]
loki 08:20 AM 04-16-2009
I have a swiss army knife with a punch in it and I use it from time to time. If you like to punch your sticks get it, always nice not to have to look for a cigar cutting impliment
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:28 AM 04-16-2009
I carry a Victorinox Swiss Army Cadet for my EDC. I may have to upgrade to one with a cigar cutter now. One less thing to carry around in my pocket during the summer months is always a plus.

Thanks for the idea. :-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:54 AM 04-16-2009
Those are nice! You can't go wrong with a Swiss Army knife - there is always a need for one...

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Junior:
Thanks Texican thats the info I am looking for.

Here are the two that I am looking at. One and Two I kind of like the look of the new ones.

[Reply]
Junior 12:11 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
I carry a Victorinox Swiss Army Cadet for my EDC. I may have to upgrade to one with a cigar cutter now. One less thing to carry around in my pocket during the summer months is always a plus.

Thanks for the idea. :-)
That is what I was thinking as I didn't have a cutter at a shoot I went to last weekend. Someone was kind enough to let me use there cutter. I always keep one in the truck, but just got a new one and couldn't find one in it. Come to find out it was in the sack full of crap I pulled out of the console of my old one.

Well I have one on it's way to me now. I will give a review once I have it, and use it a couple of times. I will also compare it to the Xikar I used last weekend.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 12:22 PM 04-16-2009
They take a little getting used to but the cutter is simply AWESOME!
[Reply]
Junior 12:42 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by N2Advnture:
They take a little getting used to but the cutter is simply AWESOME!
Nice to hear.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 01:34 PM 04-16-2009
Did you go for the red one or the shiney silver one?
[Reply]
eber 02:19 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
:-)
got one for my birthday from a buddy I use it more than my Xi cutter, as for the Swiss Army one, I have seen them but never used it, I would be curious as to how well they work
[Reply]
Junior 02:47 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Did you go for the red one or the shiney silver one?
My wife ordered one of the shiney ones for me for our anniversary.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:16 PM 04-16-2009
I've got the golf model that has the cigar scissors, spike tool, ball mark fixer fork, bottle opener, etc.
It's fantastic on the golf course. The scissors are so well made and (be careful) sharp as can be. They open very wide for big rings.
I got mine from Holts about 8 years ago.
Treat yourself, you'll love it.:-)
[Reply]
Chewy... 10:03 PM 04-16-2009
Bought a few of these on a Home Depot Hammer Drop a couple of years back... It is my travelling 'cutter' as it is so versatile. I love it!!!

I'm sure you will enjoy your anniversary gift and by all means, be careful as they are sharp :-)
[Reply]
Up