Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 129
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Shaerza 07:35 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
im goin a little nuts lately with the eating, thinking of joining weight watchers online. Maybe if i spend money it will help, i duno anymore ;/
If you can afford the $15 a month for the online plan, I would recommend it. The fact that I knew I was paying for it did help motivate me to make sure I was actually recording what I ate everyday. If you think you will stay dedicated to paper and pencil tracking then Andys suggestion is probably better.. but I never remembered to write anything down when I actually ate, so the online database made it quite easy to go back in find values for the meals. It also lets ya save 'favorites' so if you eat certain things often, you just have one click to add those do your daily allowance.

The other feature I found helpful with the online tracking was the weigh-in chart tracking. Now maybe you are savvy enough to create a excel chart etc to track this, but I honestly think that seeing the steady downslope of the chart while I was doing the diet was one of the most motivating factors.

I haven't really checked in much since the start of this.. but it looks like you guys are doing really well, and staying motivated. Keep up the good work! :-):-)
[Reply]
goalie204 09:20 AM 01-29-2009
I joined. Not sure how to gauge some stuff tho, like homeade stew or something. How to figure out the "points"
[Reply]
Shaerza 09:48 AM 01-29-2009
For alot of home made meals I would either try to find a preset item I thought would be close to what I had made, and if I couldnt find anything I would break it down into the ingredients and then take a points value from what a portion would end up being
[Reply]
Starscream 10:26 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
The other feature I found helpful with the online tracking was the weigh-in chart tracking. Now maybe you are savvy enough to create a excel chart etc to track this, but I honestly think that seeing the steady downslope of the chart while I was doing the diet was one of the most motivating factors.

You can track weight via chart for free here.
l
l
V

Originally Posted by Big Vito:
www.fitday.com

Originally Posted by Shaerza:
For alot of home made meals I would either try to find a preset item I thought would be close to what I had made, and if I couldnt find anything I would break it down into the ingredients and then take a points value from what a portion would end up being
:-)
Break it down ingredient by ingredient. It's not hard or time consuming to do.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:28 AM 01-29-2009
Going to Olive Garden on Friday, fellas.:-) Gotta workout/exercise extra hard between now and Monday to make up for it.
[Reply]
kayaker 12:21 PM 01-29-2009
Well, I had another minor drop of .4 lbs to make it 244 even. At least I didn't go up. Guess I have to be thankful for the small victories.:-)

I'm on the way back down to tear apart some more of my brother's basement. I just hope he is expecting me to be able to put any of it back together.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:30 PM 01-29-2009
.4 is still down. Congrats! Have fun tearing the basement apart.:-)
[Reply]
12stones 04:05 AM 01-30-2009
Morning all. Official weigh-in this morning was at 205! Woo hoo!!
[Reply]
goalie204 05:26 AM 01-30-2009
First day of weight watchers was yesterday, it's not so hard. Some folks i talked to said "you'll be hungry all the time" didn't find that at all. Lost some weight even. Today is day #2
[Reply]
Starscream 06:08 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Morning all. Official weigh-in this morning was at 205! Woo hoo!!
Awesome!
Originally Posted by goalie204:
First day of weight watchers was yesterday, it's not so hard. Some folks i talked to said "you'll be hungry all the time" didn't find that at all. Lost some weight even. Today is day #2
If you do it right, you'll find that you will be hungry less often while on the program.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:18 PM 01-30-2009
Off to eat like a horse. Going to Olive Garden tonight w/ the wife to celebrate her getting a new job. Then to see a movie and have a big @$$ bag of popcorn. I've saved up some points for this. And I'm gonna work hard to make up for it too. Eating like this once in a while can't hurt.

BTW, today makes 4 weeks of me not drinking. I think that helps a lot with the weightloss.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:57 PM 01-31-2009
Didn't do too bad last night at the OG. The appetizer was fried calamari (delicious, but not healthy), and for the main course I had seafood portofino (shrimp, scallops, and mussels are pretty light, although the pasta and alfredo sauce were fattening). The large popcorn (no butter) at the movie theater wasn't that healthy either. Yesterday was also my four week mark w/o alcohol.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:13 PM 01-31-2009
I thought popcorn with no butter wasn't to bad for you?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:15 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I thought popcorn with no butter wasn't to bad for you?
Movie theater popcorn is still fattening. They pop it in heavy oil. It's not the worst you can do, better than buying the candy at the movies.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:23 PM 01-31-2009
i didn't know that. I'm working on losing a lot of weight myself
[Reply]
Starscream 10:25 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
i didn't know that. I'm working on losing a lot of weight myself
Welcome to the wieghtloss thread. Feel free to keep us updated. The more the merrier. We're all in this together.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:28 PM 01-31-2009
been working on it since 01/15. just a big change in my eating habits. no more eating heavy or late night snacking. I lost 20lbs last year and just lost focus. Now I'm back to the same routine.
[Reply]
pmwz 04:45 AM 02-01-2009
starting weight: 266.7lbs
current weight: 262 lbs
i am going to hit the gym at least 3 times this week
new lifting goal: squat 315
[Reply]
kayaker 11:44 AM 02-01-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Movie theater popcorn is still fattening.
Air popped is the best way. Then you can add smaller amounts of your own butter/salt or dry seasoning. I've used Mrs. Dash spices for this. Interesting flavours but no MSG.

The other way to to have it the way you like and just eat a smaller amount. I love popcorn so that part is difficult for me.:-)

I've been having a decent weekend. I may actually be on track for a good weigh-in on Thursday.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:35 AM 02-02-2009
Woo Hoo!
Finally made it below the 250 mark. Official weigh-in today was 247lbs, a drop of three pounds for the week. That makes it a total of 14lbs in a month.

Breakfast: Wheat toast w/ spinach and asagio chicken sausage (4pts)
Lunch: Same as breakfast (4pts)
Dinner: ?

Hopefully going walking after school with a good cigar.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 129
« First < 2101112 13142262112 > Last »
Up