Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Sports>McGwire Admits to Steroids......
icehog3 05:14 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Sammy has cajones for doing this to himself. :-)

Sammy, to quote a friend from Boston, is "*uckin' retahted". :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 06:12 PM 01-11-2010
At least he was man enough to admit his mistakes. I have to give him props for that. I betcha that cocky ass Bonds goes to his grave denying he used roids. And Sosa, who cares.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:03 PM 01-11-2010
As long as Griffey is never linked to them, then I don't care.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:12 PM 01-11-2010
[Reply]
TheRealJason 07:25 PM 01-11-2010
I give him credit for at least manning up to it. I rooted for him back then, and I still like him!
[Reply]
blugill 07:30 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Sammy has cajones for doing this to himself. :-)

WTF?!?!?!?!
Is that real?!?!
[Reply]
hotreds 08:16 PM 01-11-2010
Yes- he said he was doing some kind of skin treatment that went awry.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:35 PM 01-11-2010
I'm surprised he copped to it.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:04 PM 01-11-2010
Roger Maris - Still the single season HR King. :-)
[Reply]
Eleven 10:20 PM 01-11-2010
Sosa went all MJ on us?
[Reply]
Clampdown 05:56 AM 01-12-2010
I just don't care that much because it seemed everyone was on it. I'm shocked the NFL has not been put under the microscope more for possible enhancement products. It seems that the concussion stuff has moved to the forefront as it should. I wonder how he will do as a hitting coach.
[Reply]
Whynot 06:28 AM 01-12-2010
Everyone seems to forget that Mac was facing possible federal charges for his testimony before Congress. He did what any first year law student would advise a client in those circumstances, he basically pled the 5th. He asked for immunity from several Senators in exchange for testimony and when he was told no, he did the right thing by not lying. I'm not saying what the players did was right, but 98 brought me(and alot of people that have since forgotten) back to baseball after the labor issues of the early-mid 90s. How come Yankees fans harp on Mac, but A-Rod gets a free pass? He denied everything until it was impossible to.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:10 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Whynot:
Everyone seems to forget that Mac was facing possible federal charges for his testimony before Congress. He did what any first year law student would advise a client in those circumstances, he basically pled the 5th. He asked for immunity from several Senators in exchange for testimony and when he was told no, he did the right thing by not lying. I'm not saying what the players did was right, but 98 brought me(and alot of people that have since forgotten) back to baseball after the labor issues of the early-mid 90s. How come Yankees fans harp on Mac, but A-Rod gets a free pass? He denied everything until it was impossible to.
Yankees fan here that doesn't give A-Rod a free pass at all.
I think all these idiots should have all their records wiped clean.
They played dirty, lose your records. That goes for A-Rod's home runs, hits, etc.
He plays clean now, count that only. Give him props for what he does NOW, such as in this year's WS.

As such, I have no respect for McGwire. While the '98 season was exciting, it turned out to be a big fat lie. Give Marris his record back.
I don't see McGwire "manning" up as all say. The only reason he is doing this now is to benefit his wallet with his new job. If he was really "manning" up, he would have done it long ago, in spite of pending charges. Screw all these cheaters. Any of them. Some say he didn't lie as he never answered the questions so therefore that is OK? If a murderer doesn't admit to it therefore not lying, is omission an excuse to justify it?

McGwire can now officially take his place in baseball's darkest era.
[Reply]
Whynot 07:31 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Yankees fan here that doesn't give A-Rod a free pass at all.
I think all these idiots should have all their records wiped clean.
They played dirty, lose your records. That goes for A-Rod's home runs, hits, etc.
He plays clean now, count that only. Give him props for what he does NOW, such as in this year's WS.

As such, I have no respect for McGwire. While the '98 season was exciting, it turned out to be a big fat lie. Give Marris his record back.
I don't see McGwire "manning" up as all say. The only reason he is doing this now is to benefit his wallet with his new job. If he was really "manning" up, he would have done it long ago, in spite of pending charges. Screw all these cheaters. Any of them. Some say he didn't lie as he never answered the questions so therefore that is OK? If a murderer doesn't admit to it therefore not lying, is omission an excuse to justify it? McGwire can now officially take his place in baseball's darkest era.
It was a big fat lie made possible by many people willing to turn a blind eye. Did everyone really believe that "juiced" baseballs were the cause of the offensive explosion, or were we just happy to bury our heads in the sand? Does that make it right, no. But it certainly does not put a baseball player on par with a murderer. And I think baseballs darkest era's probably involved rampant racsism and widespread abuse of alcohol and cocaine.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:52 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Whynot:
It was a big fat lie made possible by many people willing to turn a blind eye. Did everyone really believe that "juiced" baseballs were the cause of the offensive explosion, or were we just happy to bury our heads in the sand? Does that make it right, no. But it certainly does not put a baseball player on par with a murderer. And I think baseballs darkest era's probably involved rampant racsism and widespread abuse of alcohol and cocaine.
I agree many knew, including baseball, and turned an eye.

Disagree with the darkest era. I think steroids takes the cake by a long shot.

The murderer analogy is not what you took it as.
It was to illustrate that "omission" does not make it right because "he never lied" as some have said or because he was advised by a first year law student as you have said.
In other words, because you didn't answer the questions forthright, therefore you didn't lie? That is BS and analogous to a murderer not admitting to a murder by never answer the question, "did you do it"?. So now he is "manning" up because he finally admits to it.:-)
[Reply]
Whynot 08:08 AM 01-12-2010
I'm not saying he is "manning up" now. I read the interview, and I still think it falls short of the full truth. I do however understand why he did not answer to congress. To be quite honest, I am still pissed that Congress wasted time on baseball in the midst of 2 wars and an economy that was starting to show danger signs. I am one of the few people left in the US that would rather watch a baseball game over any other sporty, but still think it is nowhere near important enough for Congress to be involved. And we will have to agree to disagree on darkest era. I still think there were many more moraly reprehensable things that took place in the game then an era when steroids were used by many. Don't forget pitchers were using too.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:15 AM 01-12-2010
He could have come clean the next year if he wanted and not had to worry about the law issues. It did not benefit him to come clean until now.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:24 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by mediccook:
he could have come clean the next year if he wanted and not had to worry about the law issues. It did not benefit him to come clean until now.
Bingo!
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:25 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Bingo!
It is the same with most of these guys also A-Rod & Pettitte included.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:35 AM 01-12-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
It is the same with most of these guys also A-Rod & Pettitte included.
Don't disagree at all.
I think they are all scum for having been cheaters.
One thing is if no one knew the effects of it or if it wasn't banned.
They did it knowing fully well.

It is truly a shame.
Hank and Marris have been screwed by cheaters and no one is doing anything at this time to fix it so at least one of them does not continue to roll in his grave.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up