Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>The Elitst Irish
DougBushBC 06:29 PM 12-04-2009
Not that it needs to be said but how ridic is it that the Irish ditched the bowl game, AGAIN? Only Notre Dame turns down bowlgames, and only Notre Dame does it becasue they think they are too good for it. They need money right now cause they have to give charlie and his cholate factory 18milion for his buyout merely because they made the terrible mistake of giving him a huge contract after 1/2 a good season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4713316

GOD I HATE THEM....
[Reply]
JE3146 11:12 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Not that it needs to be said but how ridic is it that the Irish ditched the bowl game, AGAIN? Only Notre Dame turns down bowlgames, and only Notre Dame does it becasue they think they are too good for it. They need money right now cause they have to give charlie and his cholate factory 18milion for his buyout merely because they made the terrible mistake of giving him a huge contract after 1/2 a good season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4713316

GOD I HATE THEM....
They fired the head coach.. and the coach prolly said "F it.. deal with it yourselves."

What's more embarrassing? ND declining a bowl or showing up to a bowl without a head coach :-)

Either way, I agree with you. Fiesta Bowl 2001 was absolute bliss.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:54 AM 12-05-2009
How SHOULD they even get a bowl game with their record?? WTF?? :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 10:05 AM 12-05-2009
6-6 is technically bowl elligible... TECHNICALLY
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:10 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
6-6 is technically bowl elligible... TECHNICALLY
While I hear ya Doug...there are plenty of other teams that had a FAR better year than the Irish. Tipton Tech just doesn't draw the fan base that Notre Dame does...IMHO this is what is wrong with college football. :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 05:31 AM 12-06-2009
You know what is ridiculous to me in the same vein? That the Gator Bowl is trying to find a way to meander a 6-6 FSU into their game instead of: 8-5 Clemson (ACC Champ Game Loser), 9-3 VaTech, 9-3 Miami, 8-4 North Carolina, and 8-4 Boston College.

What is the prblem here!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:46 AM 12-06-2009
FSU must travel well, they want to put a$$'s in the seats and spend a lot of money in the area?
[Reply]
mugwump 11:00 AM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
FSU must travel well, they want to put a$$'s in the seats and spend a lot of money in the area?
It's all part of the big Bobby Bowden send-off. Just be glad that his team isn't in the national title hunt like Nebraska was in Tom Osborne's last year or the press would likely name them national champs whether they deserved it or not as a nice parting gift. I suppose we can look forward to more of the same when Joe Paterno finally leaves Penn State although I suspect he'll be dead when that happens.
[Reply]
coastietech 11:47 AM 12-07-2009
The BCS is a joke and if FSU get into any bowl game in FL it will prove that the only thing that matters in the BCS is whether they can fill the stadium.

It's a joke. College football as a whole is one big joke and the BCS is the punchline.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 04:48 PM 12-07-2009
Ah amazing, FSU gets the Gator Bowl vs West Va (Bobby's old school) that means that 5 teams with better records than FSU in the ACC get moved down one spot each just to make Bobby happy. LAME
[Reply]
hotreds 05:23 PM 12-07-2009
[Reply]
Up