Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Can anybody identify this A. Fuente cigar? (pictures)
ysr_racer 09:48 AM 05-12-2012
Somebody gave this to me, and I can't figure out what it is?

It's about 6 3/8" long, no band, small pigtail, semi closed front.

Any ideas on what it is?

[Reply]
kelmac07 09:50 AM 05-12-2012
Looks like a Curlyhead.
[Reply]
dunng 09:51 AM 05-12-2012
Yep, curly head... :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:52 AM 05-12-2012
Looks like a Curly Head to me. Don't know why the "no band", but they may be for printing "it's a boy/girl", specifically.
Curly Heads are 6 3/8" x 43 rg, and that looks like it fits the bill. :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 11:07 AM 05-12-2012
I'd say by the looks of it, that that is indeed a curly head.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 11:20 AM 05-12-2012
Any chance it could be a curly head :-)

Thanks guys.
[Reply]
deaster25 11:39 AM 05-12-2012
I don't know about these guys but I think it's a curly head.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:08 PM 05-12-2012
Could be a Curly Head, chief. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:26 PM 05-12-2012
Opus Anejo Feral Pig?
[Reply]
DaBear 04:41 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Looks like a Curly Head to me. Don't know why the "no band", but they may be for printing "it's a boy/girl", specifically.
Curly Heads are 6 3/8" x 43 rg, and that looks like it fits the bill. :-)
Only the deluxes have bands. The regular line has no band, just the ink on the cello
[Reply]
Partially Deaf 11:30 PM 05-12-2012
What is the difference between deluxe and regular?
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:06 AM 05-13-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Opus Anejo Feral Pig?
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:18 AM 05-13-2012
Originally Posted by Partially Deaf:
I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to say, "the band" :-)
[Reply]
Garbandz 08:11 AM 05-13-2012
About fifteen cents..............or three quarters of a hectare.........
[Reply]
Trace63 07:44 AM 05-14-2012

Oh, Id say about tree fiddy
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:49 AM 05-14-2012
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:56 AM 05-14-2012
I think a curly head.
[Reply]
shilala 08:15 AM 05-14-2012
Here's a thread here that discusses that, albeit shortly.
I looked a little and curly heads have medium length filler and curly head deluxe have long and short filler.
I've only ever smoked one. I was jonesing for a cigar and stopped at a cigar shop at an outlet. It was just about the only choice, they really had nothing. I sparked it up in the store and didn't even make it to the car before I tossed it, it was truly horrid. I can't believe that's a true representation of the line, but I've never bothered to try again.
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:28 AM 05-14-2012
Scotty got a chitty one - or possibly a natural. Many years ago I went through several boxes of the CH deluxe maduros as yard gars. Nothing you'd want to break out in front of dignitaries, but for a Saturday afternoon fitzing with the lawn mower, weed eater, and assorted garden tools, not a bad smoke. You can drool on them, toss them around, possibly even step on them, and all you'll need to do is keep lighting it back up (better keep a lighter handy, not known for extended burns). Back then they were $40-$45 per box. Also, never had a natural - thinking the maduro sweetness is what gave this cigar a chance. Unlike Scott, I still see them from time to time at the store and give a little smile. They look rough, have huge veins, uneven wrappers, and look to contain chipped beef products, but don't despair. We'll call it a cubic zirconia in the rough. I don't have any and don't plan on buying any, but if a box fell in my lap through a well-intended co-worker or family member, I'd smile again. C'mon, it's a Fuente - not all of them can be doctors and lawyers, the world needs ditch diggers, too.

[Reply]
shilala 11:27 AM 05-14-2012
I'm pretty sure the one I got had a claro wrapper, Jamie. I'm no fan of connie wrappers, and the cigars weren't kept well. I was really shocked how bad it was because I was a lover of all things Fuente at that time, that's why I picked it. (Plus there weren't any other options and I'd wanted to try one.)
I never chased a Cammie or Maduro, just never got around to it. I guess I did give the impression that they suck. Fact is, I was completely shocked it was lousy and imagined it was dumb luck. It sure hasn't turned me away from Fuente's, and if one fell in my lap, I'd certainly give her a shot. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up