Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Looking for creamy and smooth
Apexkingjusto 08:42 AM 05-11-2012
Want some new suggestions as i feel i keep smoking cigars that i really am not crazy about. I think what im starting to learn is i like a medium to full body that is very smooth and creamy.

What i really like:
Oliva v #4
Cohiba siglo iv
E.P. Carrillo short run
Trinidad reys
Erdm cs
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu 5

On the fence (iv gotten sick from these)
Padron 64 madoros
God of fire
Opus x
My father le bijou

What i find pretty good:
Monti 2
Monti pe
Monti 4
Tatuaja series p
Fuente gran reserve rosado

What i find ok but dont love:
RP Decade
Camacho corojo
Rocky patel 90
Alec bradley tempus
Tatuaje Havana VI aristas ( i know strange as i love the Vercou 5)

Not a fan of
Rocky patel sun grown
Rocky patel 92
Lfd air bender (might give it another shot down the rd)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:46 AM 05-11-2012
Cheaper side: Taboo Twist is a nice creamy and smooth stick

Expensive side: Casa Fuente (any size) is extremely creamy and smooth. Downside is that these can only be obtained from Casa Fuente in Vegas. NOTE: This is the creamiest stick I've ever had...actually tasted "fresh cream" when I smoked this stick. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:00 AM 05-11-2012
The Avo regular line is super creamy and super smooth.

MCS
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:02 AM 05-11-2012
Oliva Connecticut Reserve
Tabacos Baez
[Reply]
levrac68 09:03 AM 05-11-2012
Other than the trini, we seem to have similar likes.

Try opus x again with some time on it.
Try the natural Padron 1964 serie. I like them better than the 64 maddi.
Try a Padron 1926 Maduro. The#9 is always a winner.
Try a liga privada Undercrown.

I find those creamy smooth. Enjoy
[Reply]
Apexkingjusto 09:08 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by levrac68:
Other than the trini, we seem to have similar likes.

Try opus x again with some time on it. I have 2 sitting
Try the natural Padron 1964 serie. I like them better than the 64 maddi. Yes this is on my radar
Try a Padron 1926 Maduro. The#9 is always a winner. Also on my radar
Try a liga privada Undercrown. Sitting in my humi thanks to dmk will fire upp asap!

I find those creamy smooth. Enjoy

Thanks!!!!
[Reply]
OLS 09:18 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Cheaper side: Taboo Twist is a nice creamy and smooth stick
I heartily agree....I was given one of these in a robusto size at my first shack herf by a guy now long
since banned, and I TOLD him that I did not smoke NC cigars, but he made me take it, and I smoked
it as I was heading home and it was creamy as $hi+. That was 4 years ago, so they may have tanked
like a Perdomo now that no one is looking, but it was a good stick then.
[Reply]
Apexkingjusto 09:22 AM 05-11-2012
I looked for them online but they seem to be unavailable
[Reply]
levrac68 09:55 AM 05-11-2012
Look up Cigarobsession . Com. He's a member here that does video reviews w write ups. His list is quite extensive and I find his taste similar to mine. You can see the smoke output as well. Before I try something new I check out his web. I also use stogie guys reviews to help. Over the years I've not put too much stock in cigar afficionado since I find my tastes differ from theirs greatly.

Two others to try are la aroma de Cuba mi amor (not the Churchill) and Jaime Garcia reserva especial robusto. Both have great flavors and a nice amount of creamy smoke, but can be spicy.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:58 AM 05-11-2012
I enjoyed the EP Carillo NWC, I think it was smooth and sweet but it has been a while.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:25 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
I heartily agree....I was given one of these in a robusto size at my first shack herf by a guy now long
since banned, and I TOLD him that I did not smoke NC cigars, but he made me take it, and I smoked
it as I was heading home and it was creamy as $hi+. That was 4 years ago, so they may have tanked
like a Perdomo now that no one is looking, but it was a good stick then.
I just smoked my last Taboo Twist the other day - it was great!
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 10:29 AM 05-11-2012
Try a plpc (por loranga petite corona) cc and litto gomez deiz line of cigar (if you can find them)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 10:38 AM 05-11-2012
Arturo Fuente Magnum 52 is what you are looking for.
[Reply]
Apexkingjusto 10:41 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Arturo Fuente Magnum 52 is what you are looking for.
This is what imhad last night for the first time....i liked it but the verdictis still out...i may pick up a 5er to do some more testing i found it to be creamy a touch of pepper, nice sun grown depth to it but not too much like rp sg's....i bet with a few yrs on these they would be a very good match
[Reply]
688sonarmen 10:58 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Apexkingjusto:
This is what imhad last night for the first time....i liked it but the verdictis still out...i may pick up a 5er to do some more testing i found it to be creamy a touch of pepper, nice sun grown depth to it but not too much like rp sg's....i bet with a few yrs on these they would be a very good match
Try a Quesada Espana or an Epernay. Also Emersons has the CAO Habano that has several years of age on it and has a nice creamy and smooth taste.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:00 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Try a Quesada Espana or an Epernay. Also Emersons has the CAO Habano that has several years of age on it and has a nice creamy and smooth taste.
I think this is the first time I've seen the CAO Habano endorsed by anyone. There is hope after all...thanks Jake. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 11:02 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I think this is the first time I've seen the CAO Habano endorsed by anyone. There is hope after all...thanks Jake. :-)
The guy at the shop about fell out of his chair running to try and "give" me a hat if I bought 20 of them:-)

But for Justin, I think they are a good smoke, not sure why they have had them so long.
[Reply]
Apexkingjusto 11:29 AM 05-11-2012
Going to buttheads for the first time today...its a huge cigar shop, i will bring this shopping list
[Reply]
DaBear 12:18 PM 05-11-2012
If you mean the 2012 Short Runs, I second the motion for Avos. If you liked those you should enjoy anything Kelner blends. I'd say start with a Heritage or Domaine as they're not quite as "Kelner-y" as the rest of the Avo lines.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:22 PM 05-11-2012
Quay D'Orsay Coronas or ERDM Choix Supreme are worth trying
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up