Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Shipping concerns
Nathan 07:19 PM 05-09-2012
I'm imagining the simple status updates that UPS posts and chuckling to myself.

Cincinnati, OH - 5/6/12 10:42 PM - Arrival Scan
Cincinnati, OH - 5/7/12 5:32 AM - Departure Scan
Rockford, IL - 5/7/12 11:57 AM - Train Derailed

I wouldn't worry though, it should be fine.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:28 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
..Trying to be polite
Good call. :-)
[Reply]
TJarv 07:46 PM 05-09-2012
I tried
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:01 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I tried
His comment wasn't directed at you but rather a guy with one post who suggested that UPS needed to have immediate answers after a trail derailed. Maybe that is more common than I realize but a train derailment seems pretty uncommon and I would suspect UPS wasn't one hundred percent prepared for a train derailment let alone one carrying hazardous material. So what if their first priority wasn't making sure the packages were accounted, after all they were having to evacuate people from their homes. It seems to me that people today expect a company to never have a mishap and if they do it better be fixed immediately. How dare a unforeseen event inconvenience a customer.

BTW same dude seems to venting his frustrations all over the web, it happened only two days ago but I'll be damned if that is an acceptable lapse in service.

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/150397525.html
[Reply]
TJarv 08:06 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
His comment wasn't directed at you but rather a guy with one post who suggested that UPS needed to have immediate answers after a trail derailed. Maybe that is more common than I realize but a train derailment seems pretty uncommon and I would suspect UPS wasn't one hundred percent prepared for a train derailment let alone one carrying hazardous material. So what if their first priority wasn't making sure the packages were accounted, after all they were having to evacuate people from their homes. It seems to me that people today expect a company to never have a mishap and if they do it better be fixed immediately. How dare a unforeseen event inconvenience a customer.

BTW same dude seems to venting his frustrations all over the web, it happened only two days ago but I'll be damned if that is an acceptable lapse in service.

http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/150397525.html
Yeah I noticed that after I made my reply. I was just a little too quick on the trigger.

I tried to withdraw my statement, but someone was a little faster than me.
[Reply]
saigon68 08:28 PM 05-09-2012
Dropping a cigar on cement is almost always disastrous; they are that fragile. However, over/under humidified stogies most always respond to rest at proper humidity.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:56 PM 05-09-2012
Sean said it best - the CI smokes are over humidified and will be fine, even if it's a couple of weeks, they'll still be wet.

Wait until you try a CC order - they may be in transit for months. Somehow they still smoke great. As Albert said, they're pretty resilient.

As Bobby McFerrin said - Don't worry, be happy.
[Reply]
cmitch 06:09 AM 05-10-2012
Look on the brighter side. You could sell them for a premium in the WTS forum as derailed train-aged cigars. I mean, WHO could make that claim?:-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:48 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
"The train has derailed, but I want an ETA on my package now!"

What a world. :-)
It's a microwave, all-about-me world, brother. I think we're spoiled being among guys here that don't act or think that way. Just another reason why it's nice spending time here. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up