Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>"That" cigar.
dwoodward 08:10 PM 04-19-2012
I've had so many great smokes. I'd like to say that my recent favorites were either a Liga Privada No.9 or a CAO Italia Tubo.
[Reply]
the MacDonald 08:11 PM 04-19-2012
If you're wedding is like mine was, save "that" cigar for a quiet time, some other time, and just smoke a good one on the wedding day. You'll be too busy to enjoy the "that" cigar...hopefully.
[Reply]
Yojimbo 08:13 PM 04-19-2012
Gotta say, I prefer the Brazillia over the Italia. I have one of the barber pole Bratalia in my humi, has been for 4 years now. Can't bring myself to smoke it. If it's horrible I may cry.
[Reply]
Yojimbo 08:14 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by the MacDonald:
If you're wedding is like mine was, save "that" cigar for a quiet time, some other time, and just smoke a good one on the wedding day. You'll be too busy to enjoy the "that" cigar...hopefully.
My plan is to smoke it about 2 hours before the wedding. It will be low key with my best man and a short pour of Four Roses small batch. Should take the edge off nicely.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:23 PM 04-19-2012
:-) great advice
Originally Posted by Yojimbo:
My plan is to smoke it about 2 hours before the wedding. It will be low key with my best man and a short pour of Four Roses small batch. Should take the edge off nicely.
I really wish you actually have the time to enjoy "that" cigar but I had no free time at my wedding too.
[Reply]
bobarian 08:33 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT:
I really wish you actually have the time to enjoy "that" cigar but I had no free time at my wedding too.
Good thing you only smoked a Cohiba! :-):-)
[Reply]
smokin5 09:04 PM 04-19-2012
If you're talking NC's, I'd second the
Fuente Anejo or
Padron 1926 Maduro

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
[Reply]
Yojimbo 09:08 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by smokin5:
If you're talking NC's, I'd second the
Fuente Anejo or
Padron 1926 Maduro

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

NC or CC, I'm open minded.

The reality is that the event is a week away, so chances of something hard to find getting here in time are slim to nil.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:17 PM 04-19-2012
:-) My cousin is also getting married that day. I'll suggest what I'm planning on bringing out for him, an Old Man and the C. Even if its not the best cigar you've ever smoked, just taking the time out to have some mens time with your father and father-in-law and smoke a cigar I feel would be a special moment. Plus, culebras are commonly referred to as "the wedding cigar" in one of the stories detailing how they were made. If you're unfamiliar with the vitola, its basically three lanceros twisted around each other.
[Reply]
Yojimbo 09:19 PM 04-19-2012
Interesting, thanks for the info Bear. I like it, if only for the story. That adds something to it.

Good looking out brother, and thanks to everyone for your input.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 PM 04-19-2012
Great advice. I find when I try to make a certain cigar a big part of a celebration, I often end up disappointed.

A great occassion is already that, filled with friends and family.

A great cigar can make any old day a celebration.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 10:04 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Good thing you only smoked a Cohiba! :-):-)
I don't remember what I smoked just that I couldn't spend much time at one place. And what I was smoking kept going out because of me.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:14 PM 04-19-2012
For something that you will be able to walk in to a local B&M and pick up easily, I would vote for a Padron 1926 Maduro or even a 1964 Maduro. I've also fallen out of love with Anejos so that's probably why I'm not adding another vote for those.
[Reply]
IlmProcess 12:36 AM 04-20-2012
If you need something that you can pick up soon and is a solid cigar, I remember really loving the Oliva Masters Blend I smoked. It may not be as "exclusive" as some of the others mentioned, but it is a great cigar
[Reply]
Partagaspete 05:00 PM 04-20-2012
CC-Lusi I know I am a parte whore...
NC- Padron Natty 64 pyramid such always a good call
[Reply]
billybarue 08:25 AM 04-21-2012
Padron 80th Anni
[Reply]
smitty81 08:47 AM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by Yojimbo:
I've asked this question in a few different crowds, and am interested in the take from the CA crew.

What do you consider your ultimate, special occasion cigar?

I'm getting married in a week (April 28th) and have been trying to decide what the perfect celebratory smoke is. I've been doing some tasting, trying some new brands, but haven't found "that" cigar yet.

I'm iffy on smoking something I haven't smoked before, in the event that I hate it, but have a backup smoke in that event, but I like the idea of this one being something I may never get my hands on again. I've mostly only smoked NC, and obviously only have access to such. I got my hands on a GoF from a brother not long ago, and right now it's my frontrunner.

While I am looking for suggestions, I also thought this might be a good chance for discussion, and to see what everyones perfect smoke would be.
You might have some problems there. The chances of getting a hard to find cigar you have never had and "loving" it might be kind of slim. I have had some cigars that were sort of hard to find and expensive.........I hated them.

What kind of cigars do you enjoy?
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:54 AM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
I would have to say an Anejo or a Liga Privada FFP.
:-)
[Reply]
jluck 12:10 PM 04-21-2012
One vote for a OPUSX perfection with some age.
[Reply]
Reaver2145 03:55 PM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Can't go wrong with a Gurkha.
Lets save those for the divorce.

Im going to say like a few others the anejo 77 or if you can find cubans a cohiba lancero.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up