Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>New Cigar: Diesel Crucible
Blak Smyth 12:24 PM 01-12-2012
I'm looking forward to this release in 2012. I am a huge fan of the Diesel UHC.
This new cigar sounds very interesting but I get a small feeling it may be "Cubanesque" hype.

"Diesel Crucible: A limited, one time run of about 10,000 cigars. We can’t reveal all of the secrets that make this cigar so rare, but one component is a very special filler leaf grown in Honduras. At the onset of the embargo, as tobacco growers and cigar makers fled Cuba, many came to Honduras in search of new land. Most initially settled in an area outside Copan, Honduras where they grew tobacco for several years due to the climate which they felt most rivaled their native Cuba. However, after several successful crops, disease and mold set in, thus rendering the land unusable, forcing growers into regions in other parts of Copan, Jamastrán and Talanga. Almost a decade ago, one particular grower returned to the region, planting various test crops with different seeds engineered to resist the diseases plaguing the tobaccos decades before. After years of failure, the first successful test crop was harvested in 2010 and the results were fantastic. The entire first crop from 2010 was purchased by AJ Fernandez and some was set aside just for Diesel Crucible. This tobacco is strong, robust and a great throwback tobacco from a bygone era that imparts a unique taste. Diesel Crucible will come in only one size, a large torpedo that’s complex and rich with competing flavors ranging from spice and earth to leather and nuts. Crucible takes Diesel to a whole new level."(Quote from Cigar dot com)
[Reply]
chaase321 12:35 PM 01-12-2012
Sounds like a winner to me! Thanks for the update
[Reply]
Doctorossi 12:40 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
A limited, one time run of about 10,000 cigars.
:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 12:53 PM 01-12-2012
Read about this one, the new 5 Vegas and.............crap I can't remember the other one in my new Cigar.com catalog last night, I was :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:56 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Read about this one, the new 5 Vegas and.............crap I can't remember the other one in my new Cigar.com catalog last night, I was :-)
MOW Puro Maddie:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:01 PM 01-12-2012
Can't wait for the Diesel. I think I loving this brand more and more.. each time I try one.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:05 PM 01-12-2012
Yeah!!!!! That was it.

Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Can't wait for the Diesel. I think I loving this brand more and more.. each time I try one.
I love me some Diesel that's fo sho'

Hell that catalog will be my go to book this year, some great deals in there and will be keeping my eyes open for these 3 new sticks.
[Reply]
ktblunden 01:28 PM 01-12-2012
I'd like to see the UC blend in a smaller RG, preferably a corona or corona gorda. They make a corona for one of CI's samplers, but it isn't available outside the sampler.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:29 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
I'd like to see the UC blend in a smaller RG, preferably a corona or corona gorda. They make a corona for one of CI's samplers, but it isn't available outside the sampler.
As much as I like smaller RGs I really enjoy the DUHC the way it is and wonder if it has room for improvement:-).
I am sure it would be delicious!!!
[Reply]
pektel 01:36 PM 01-12-2012
Those engineered seeds sound like criollo. I was reading the CI catalog last night, and they had a blurb about the CAO Criollo.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:47 PM 01-12-2012
Very intrigued by this. I have loved every Diesel stick they've put out, even the Unlimited. I pray they stay away from a Connie wrapper in the future. Keep up the great work AJ!
[Reply]
DaBear 01:48 PM 01-12-2012
wait, they're making a Puro Maddie? :-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:53 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Those engineered seeds sound like criollo. I was reading the CI catalog last night, and they had a blurb about the CAO Criollo.
With the constant aim at "Cubanesque" qualities, I've often wondered why more NC producers don't run with a criollo filler and Corojo/Habano wrapper blend in at least a line or two. It's a perpetual ponderable to me in the same way it still stuns me that pretty much nobody in the NC world was doing a regular-production triple-cap until what... the late '90's? Sure, it's a little more expensive, but the 'just like the real thing!' bullet-point's gotta be worth it. It seems to me that it wouldn't be that much tougher or more expensive for a lot of NC factories to produce cigars closer in broad flavor to the typical Cuban profile, if not the complexity/subtlety. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 02:56 PM 01-12-2012
If I get one, great. But I am tired of chasing the "LIMITED" cigars.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 02:59 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
I am tired of chasing the "LIMITED" cigars.
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 03:00 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
wait, they're making a Puro Maddie? :-)
Yes it is on back order, they say for two weeks but who knows.
[Reply]
Taki 06:26 PM 01-12-2012
Sounds awesome brother...thanks for sharing :-)
[Reply]
Crownedone 06:28 PM 01-12-2012
I love the UHC and I will make the effort to get a fiver of these.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:23 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by crownedone:
i love the uhc and i will make the effort to get a fiver of these.
word
[Reply]
emopunker2004 08:40 PM 01-12-2012
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up