Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Mold
htown 07:19 PM 05-18-2012
Ok- when getting a cigar to smoke out of my humidor, I found a little mold on one cigar at the foot. I threw the cigar away, but my question is-should I freeze the rest of my cigars or just keep an eye out? I looked and could not find any other mold on any cigar in that humidor.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:23 PM 05-18-2012
Freezing will not prevent mold. You need to keep your Rh lower than approximately 75%. If the mold is not into the foot or blue/green, just wipe it off and smoke away. :-)
[Reply]
htown 07:50 PM 05-18-2012
Oh yeah freezing is for beetles. I thought I was keeping it below 75%- I have the 65% beads. Maybe I need to rotate the cigars more often or something.
[Reply]
trendo 09:10 PM 05-18-2012
If you got 65 beads, mold should not be a problem. Make sure your humidor is not in the sun, that makes mold like crazy. I am smoking a liberty 08 as we speak, it was moldy, just wiped it off. Smoked a cohiba lancero last week, mold was in the foot, I chopped off an inch and went for it. Most guys wont chance it if its in the foot.........I just could not get myself to toss the lancero.
[Reply]
Weelok 01:20 AM 05-19-2012
Just wipe it off and smoke it. It may have been mineral growth. Newly rolled cigars have the bunched filler wet and it exhausts if you'll pardon the expression out the foot. This could cause mold or it could create mineral deposits which are white and hard. Either way it's not blue so wipe or clip it off.

Graycliff had this problem so much that I quit tossing them and just smoked them right away. Ticked me off though so I quit buying them.
[Reply]
weak_link 07:20 AM 05-19-2012
Originally Posted by Weelok:

Graycliff had this problem so much that I quit tossing them and just smoked them right away. Ticked me off though so I quit buying them.
I smoke a lot of Graycliff cigars and have never had a problem with mold. Maybe it's your vendor. :-)
[Reply]
Up