Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>DPG El Centurian
Blak Smyth 11:19 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
This thread stuck in my mind the last day or so, decided I'd smoke one tonight...in fact, smoking one as I type
So what is the verdict? As good as you remembered?
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 12:28 PM 05-11-2012
I thank Theo (Theocincy) for turning me onto these. At the pre-herf at CI, he lit up a Lancero and passed it around. It was the closest tasting NC to a CC I have ever experienced. I was hooked. Stubbled upon them at a local B&M and bought em up.

Enjoyed another one just a few days ago...

Really enjoyable smoke!
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:42 PM 05-11-2012
IMHO, It tasted more like a Djarum than like a CC.
It certainly had a unique flavor profile, but not one that I found pleasant or even palatable.
The flavors just were not something I look for in a cigar.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:45 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
It tasted more like a Djarum than like a CC IMHO.
It certainly had a unique flavor profile, but not one that I found pleasant or even palatable.
The flavors just were not something I look for in a cigar.
Yah, I found it very interesting that you tasted cloves and I didn't.
I HATE cloves with a passion but could not pull that flavor out of it, goes to show how every person can taste something so different.
[Reply]
MikeyC 01:33 PM 05-11-2012
These are great cigars. I remember reading an interview with DPG when these came out where he said he was trying to emulate the flavor profile of an aged Cohiba. Not sure he quite got it right, but this is a fine cigar.
[Reply]
pinotguy 10:11 PM 05-11-2012
Was fortunate enough to find and order a box of the Emperadores (Belicoso) on-line from Holts about two years ago. (They were in their "Clearance" section, if you can believe that. Can't think of a more expensive stick from Pepin so that probably was the reason they were still around.) Anyway, I really enjoyed over half of the box but the remainder were included in a major fire-sale when I switched strictly to CC's.

This was a terrific blend but was a big departure from most of Pepin's lines.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:05 AM 05-14-2012
I smoked one Friday night and thought it was good, but not worth $12.
The first third was okay, with a little bit of harshness.
The second third was amazing!!! Super sweet and tasty.
The final third faded back to be similar to the first third.
If this was in my humi for more than a day it may have improved, coming straight from a B&M you never know how it was stored.
If the whole cigar was as good as the middle, it would be a $12 stick.

[Reply]
Digs 10:26 AM 05-14-2012
I also smoked mine Friday night, First off was I had such High expectations for this stick after enjoying the lancero version. Like Shane mentioned in his review above the first 1/4 -1/3 was a little rough but then it become much smoother & creamier, I was hoping it to have the extreme CC flavor like the Lancero, but it never really happened. Overall a very good stick, would I buy another for $12.... Maybe.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up