Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 27 of 270
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Stevez 12:25 PM 05-04-2010
T.J. That looks absolutely incredible. The rub sounds on the hot side, which I like, but the better half abhors! Congrats! Steve
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 12:32 PM 05-04-2010
Man that loooooks soooo good right now.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:34 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:

Now that there is some eats!!!!
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:40 AM 05-05-2010
...continuing...

opening up the foil after finishing the cook and the rest period...

shredded... I could have shredded this one with my fingers it was so tender...

w/ homemade dark chocolate mole BBQ sauce and habanero & cherry pepper guacamole.

Fin.
:-)....nuff said!....that mole bbq sauce sounds killer too....share or is it a secret?
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:46 AM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
:-)....nuff said!....that mole bbq sauce sounds killer too....share or is it a secret?
^^^^^ What he said!!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:54 AM 05-05-2010
Thanks guys.

BigAsh & gator, PMs incoming.
[Reply]
Mr B 09:54 AM 05-05-2010
Great job Adam. Looks killer!
[Reply]
Mr B 10:06 AM 05-05-2010
I cold smoked some Tilamook Sharp Cheddar blocks the other night w/ Apple, Alder and Hickory. They have to sit Vacume-sealed for 2 weeks before sampling. Should be :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:21 AM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I cold smoked some Tilamook Sharp Cheddar blocks the other night w/ Apple, Alder and Hickory. They have to sit Vacume-sealed for 2 weeks before sampling. Should be :-)
Brent, do you think one could get away with cold smoking cheese and letting it rest for a few weeks without a vacuum food sealer? Say maybe wrapped in super-duper-heavy duty saran wrap or zip-loc bags?
[Reply]
Mr B 04:22 PM 05-05-2010
Brent, do you think one could get away with cold smoking cheese and letting it rest for a few weeks without a vacuum food sealer? Say maybe wrapped in super-duper-heavy duty saran wrap or zip-loc bags?

Thats exactly what I have heard. Wrapped as tight as you can get it, then ziplocked w/ all air out. Has to sit for a min of 2-3 weeks. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:24 PM 05-05-2010
Thats exactly what I have heard. Wrapped as tight as you can get it, then ziplocked w/ all air out. Has to sit for a min of 2-3 weeks. :-)
Cool. Thanks.

Menal note: buy $1.99 40W soldering iron next time I'm at Fry's.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:34 PM 05-05-2010
I have been using this one for over 5 years now and it still works great, just like the day I bought it. I use it 4-5 times /week.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...box.jsp.form23

There is a newer version out now. I have not heard much about this one yet.

http://www.foodsaver.com/index.aspx?...FRk7gwodW0E-_Q

Neither one of these are too expensive, especially with the $$ I save on things not going bad, freezer burn and recpackaging bulk items.
[Reply]
Steve 04:48 PM 05-05-2010
The countdown begins!

Hmmm, I wonder what I could use these for???

Frankensauce, yea that's the ticket!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:56 PM 05-05-2010
I can only say one thing... ya need more ribs!!!
[Reply]
T.G 04:58 PM 05-05-2010
I have been using this one for over 5 years now and it still works great, just like the day I bought it. I use it 4-5 times /week.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...box.jsp.form23

There is a newer version out now. I have not heard much about this one yet.

http://www.foodsaver.com/index.aspx?...FRk7gwodW0E-_Q

Neither one of these are too expensive, especially with the $$ I save on things not going bad, freezer burn and recpackaging bulk items.
yeah, I've telling myself forever that I really ought to get one someday, but just never seem to get around to buying one.
[Reply]
Mr B 05:30 PM 05-05-2010
yeah, I've telling myself forever that I really ought to get one someday, but just never seem to get around to buying one.
I love mine and really cant see how I lived w/out it. Well...yes I can, I used to throw away lots of stuff that went bad in baggies. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:02 PM 05-05-2010
Those ribs are just for Friday night. I just got back from my dads picking up the brisket, sausages, and more ribs!

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:25 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
Those ribs are just for Friday night. I just got back from my dads picking up the brisket, sausages, and more ribs!
Now you are talkin'!!!:-)

Best of luck on the cook brother!!
[Reply]
BigAsh 08:41 PM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by steve:

:-):-):-):-):-)
Sounds like a "snack" is gettin' smoked!....you gotta lot o' room in that lang brother!
[Reply]
Steve 09:00 PM 05-05-2010
I gotta BIG appetite :-) !

I do love that thing though. Even with what I'm planning for right now (4 bone-in pork buts, a brisket flat, several slabs of ribs (6, 8, 10), a mess of sausage, and possibly a couple of yardbirds), there is still a LOT of room. I'll probably do up a mess of beans before all is said and done, and maybe some corn as well. This is going to be a fun cook and party to celebrate my wife's birthday and recovery from her surgery. Cooks like this sometimes take on a life of thier own. Before it's over, I'm sure the nieghbors will be bringing stuff over to put in as well.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 270
« First < 17252627 28293777127 > Last »
Up